Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2003 7:15:06 AM EDT
Wow- no wonder people home school their kids. This seems to have barely got mentioned. I wonder what sort of hue and cry would have been raised, had the perp been male?.....

Woman Coach Jailed For Sex With Fla. Students Ordered Freed;
28-Year-Old Still Not Allowed To Coach

POSTED: 6:13 a.m. EST November 18, 2003

PUNTA GORDA, Fla. -- A high school assistant coach sentenced in March to three years for having sex with two students was ordered released on time served Monday.

Jennifer Joy Brooks, 28, will still not be allowed to coach, teach or have any contact with minors and will serve seven years of sex offender probation. She also must undergo psychological treatment, cannot get involved romantically with anyone who has children and cannot have contact with the victims.

Brooks had been held after pleading no contest to unlawful sexual activity and committing a lewd and lascivious act. The victims were on the girls' varsity basketball and softball teams at Charlotte High, where Brooks was an assistant coach during the 1999-2000 school year.

Thomas Marryott, Brooks' lawyer, argued in a sentence reduction hearing last week that Brooks should be released because the victims never wanted her jailed. But the father of one the victims said during that hearing he believed the only way to continue to ensure his daughter's safety is to keep Brooks behind bars.

"I really do not believe Jenny is a threat in any way or any kind," Brooks' father, the Rev. Sam Brooks, told the Sarasota Herald-Tribune for its Tuesday editions.

Prosecutor John L. Burns said he was disappointed by Circuit Judge Isaac Anderson Jr.'s decision. Burns said Brooks freely and voluntarily accepted the prison deal on second-degree felonies that could have put her in prison for up to 30 years.
Brooks had not been released as of late Monday, according to jail officials.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:19:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Headlines:  "Basketball Team Takes a Licking"
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:22:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Any Pic?
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:22:31 AM EDT
[#3]
This thread is worthless without pics!!

Damn, you beat me to it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:24:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Now talk about equal treatment under the law.  This is a travesty and the woman should have been punished just like a man guilty of the same offenses.  She should never get of the sexual preditors list and she should be plastered all over the net just like any guy would have been.  

She should be in jail, period.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:26:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Some background info.....

www.sexcriminals.com/news-archive/info-14102.html

Former school coach pleads no contest to sex with students

--------------------------------

Gainesville Sun
February 28, 2003

A former Charlotte High School assistant coach charged with having sex with two student athletes made a plea agreement that will put her in prison for three years.

Jennifer Joy Brooks, 27, pleaded no contest Thursday to unlawful sexual activity and committing a lewd and lascivious act.

She remains free on $10,000 bail until sentencing on March 25.

The Port Charlotte woman would have faced up to 30 years in prison if convicted at a trial. The victims were on the girls' varsity basketball and softball teams at Charlotte High, where Brooks worked as an assistant coach during the 1999-2000 school year.

As part of the plea agreement, Brooks must also spend seven years on sex offender probation. She will not be allowed to coach, teach or have any contact with minors. She also must undergo psychological treatment, cannot get involved romantically with anyone who has children and will be subject to random searches.

She and Brooks became friends and started attending church together in November 1999, according to Charlotte County sheriff's reports. The relationship became sexual shortly after the girl's 15th birthday in January 2000, and continued into the next year.

Detectives learned about the second victim during the investigation into claims by the first girl. That sexual affair, with a 17-year-old, began in April 2000, the reports state.

One of the victims wrote a letter to Judge Sherra Winesett on Wednesday asking that Brooks not be sent to prison. State prosecutor John Burns said the other victim's wishes were similar.

"Neither wanted her to go to prison; we took that into account," Burns said. "The unfortunate thing is that she took advantage of her position of trust. That's what makes this so egregious."
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:27:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Damn, you beat me to it.

If she looks like any of the female PE teachers I knew when I was in school, I would say NO PICS!!!!

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:31:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn, you beat me to it.

If she looks like any of the female PE teachers I knew when I was in school, I would say NO PICS!!!!

Agreed- I remember a couple of mannish female PE teachers/ coaches from my HS- one we used to call "Sarge"!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:39:54 AM EDT
[#8]
If it were a man, he would be doing 10 years hard time.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:45:28 AM EDT
[#9]
The government has no right to intrude into the bedroom.

Free the dyke!
[/sarcasm]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:08:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn, you beat me to it.

Agreed- I remember a couple of mannish female PE teachers/ coaches from my HS- one we used to call "Sarge"!

Well we WERE right.  The FDOC Website has her intake photo Here.  WARNING Not for the faint of heart.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:20:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Now that the libs have jammed faggotry down our throats, child sex is next. Personally, I think she needs a bullet.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:24:39 AM EDT
[#12]
You'd think a gal like that would be pleased as punch to be incarcerated. Smorgasboard.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:08:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Howe old were the girls?  What's the age of consent in that state? Was the relationship consensual?

Depending on the answerrs to those questions It may be more of a case of hot girl on girl action, than a crime.  she should be fired though for abusing her position of trust and authority for sexual gratification.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:16:36 AM EDT
[#14]
The girls ranged in age between 16 and 18.  I slept with girls that were that old, and younger.  Granted, I was younger, but my wife's best friend dated a 27 year old for 3 years when she was 16 and no one said a word.  

Granted, this lady was also a coach and it seems she used that position to find "dates."
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:26:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Got a pic?
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:48:17 AM EDT
[#17]
I've seen worse.  Remember, she's hardly at her best when being in-processed.

One of the female PE instructors at my Junior High would have passed for a Marine DI.  She should have had a set of fatigues with BULLDYKE on the name patch.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:52:44 AM EDT
[#18]
WOOOF!  She even looks like a guy.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:53:13 AM EDT
[#19]

Jennifer Joy Brooks, 28, had been incarcerated for about seven months at Broward Correctional Institution in Fort Lauderdale. She pleaded no contest in February to committing unlawful sexual activity and a lewd and lascivious act. Both are second-degree felonies that, combined, could have put Brooks in prison for 30 years.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:54:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Looks like a guy? She is a guy.
Bleeeck.

Good Lord, I hope this does not violate any rules of this board.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:55:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Anyone care to hit it?
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Bleeeck.

Quoted:

If so, mods, please feel free to delete pic and URLs.

95th (El Disgustedado) Foot
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:59:33 AM EDT
[#23]
HAHAHA, Hey daddy, get over it, you raised a lesbian for a daughter. If you want kids I suggest you buy a turkey baster for them as a "wedding" present.

None of the girls wanted her to go to prision because THEY WANTED IT!

10 to 1 the only reason why the first girl ratted her out was because the teacher was munching on some "strange" rug with the second girl.

You guys are right, if it had been a man/girl or a man/boy he would be getting cornholed by a broom or a mop handle right about now.

She and Brooks became friends and started attending church together in November 1999, according to Charlotte County sheriff's reports. The relationship became sexual shortly after the girl's 15th birthday in January 2000, and continued into the next year.

Detectives learned about the second victim during the investigation into claims by the first girl. That sexual affair, with a 17-year-old, began in April 2000, the reports state.

One of the victims wrote a letter to Judge Sherra Winesett on Wednesday asking that Brooks not be sent to prison. State prosecutor John Burns said the other victim's wishes were similar.

"Neither wanted her to go to prison; we took that into account," Burns said. "The unfortunate thing is that she took advantage of her position of trust. That's what makes this so egregious."

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:17:35 AM EDT
[#24]
This is her first offense, she did it with 17yr olds not 12yr old, it was not forced. Her penalties were the same as a male teacher would have gotten for this.

17yr olds who did not want charges pressed, her sentance was appropriat and even to what males would get.

She should be put on the registered offender list most likely to re-offend which will make her records public.

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:40:05 AM EDT
[#25]
[sarcasim]Gosh, you guys are just so hatefull. Don't you understand people shouldn't go to jail for act's of love? I just don't get your hard line veiws on such things. It was clearly a matter of the heart. Are we now to try & legislate morality on gay folk? The god I know would not be happy about our lack of love towards this lady & queers in general.[/sarcasim]

That she is schedualed for release is ludacris. She should be locked away till she's old, & gray. I don't understand why they let her make such a deal if they had her dead to rights in the 1st place.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:41:23 AM EDT
[#26]
You need to learn to read.
The whore lesbian teacher had sex with the first girl when the first girl was 15!

The whore lesbian teacher then dumped the 15 year old for the 17 year old.

Quoted:
This is her first offense, she did it with 17yr olds not 12yr old, it was not forced. Her penalties were the same as a male teacher would have gotten for this.

17yr olds who did not want charges pressed, her sentance was appropriat and even to what males would get.

She should be put on the registered offender list most likely to re-offend which will make her records public.

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 11:02:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 11:23:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Any Pic?

I need a visual
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 12:25:11 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Bleeeck.

Quoted:

She looks like Jim Carey.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Now that the libs have jammed faggotry down our throats, child sex is next. Personally, I think she needs a bullet.

Sadly ignorant
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 12:56:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Were the boy students allowed to watch???

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#33]
You had to  go and ruin it by posting her pic.     F U G L Y

She should be sent to jail for a long time with Rosie O'
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 3:09:47 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sadly ignorant

Yes you are.
Her being a lesbian is bad enough. Involving children brings it to an entirely different level. Acting as a teacher/coach lowers this moreso. Makes ya wonder why she would choose such a profession, doesn't it. Except for you maybe as it probably feeds your little fantasy world. Jealous of Michael Jackson maybe?
Now, over the past several decades they have pushed faggotry into acceptance from the point of once being considered perverse and even a psych diagnosis. Slowly they have crammed this shit down our throats and thanks to women taking over the raising of boys this is now considered normal. I'm sure that makes you happy to no end. However, to extrapolate further there is now a move to force sex with children, even sex with same sex children, upon us and attempt to mainstream this. This is only one more example. The fact that these children liked it and do not want her imprisoned means nothing. It should have no bearing whatsoever on this case. Do you think that an adult man could not get a young teenage girl that is inexperienced to enjoy sex with him? Give me a break. This is why there are such laws: To protect the innocent from predators such as these.

My reason for saying she deserves a bullet is twofold. Number one, her behavior is beyond reprehensible and threatens our children. Second, there is a contract between the gov't/justice system and the people. Their obligation is to protect us from such individuals and such as these should NEVER be released. When gov't violates their end of this trust/contract we should feel free to protect ourselves. Were it my kid she'd have long since disappeared from the face of the earth.

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sadly ignorant

Yes you are.
Her being a lesbian is bad enough. Involving children brings it to an entirely different level. Acting as a teacher/coach lowers this moreso. Makes ya wonder why she would choose such a profession, doesn't it. Except for you maybe as it probably feeds your little fantasy world. Jealous of Michael Jackson maybe?
Now, over the past several decades they have pushed faggotry into acceptance from the point of once being considered perverse and even a psych diagnosis. Slowly they have crammed this shit down our throats and thanks to women taking over the raising of boys this is now considered normal. I'm sure that makes you happy to no end. However, to extrapolate further there is now a move to force sex with children, even sex with same sex children, upon us and attempt to mainstream this. This is only one more example. The fact that these children liked it and do not want her imprisoned means nothing. It should have no bearing whatsoever on this case. Do you think that an adult man could not get a young teenage girl that is inexperienced to enjoy sex with him? Give me a break. This is why there are such laws: To protect the innocent from predators such as these.

My reason for saying she deserves a bullet is twofold. Number one, her behavior is beyond reprehensible and threatens our children. Second, there is a contract between the gov't/justice system and the people. Their obligation is to protect us from such individuals and such as these should NEVER be released. When gov't violates their end of this trust/contract we should feel free to protect ourselves. Were it my kid she'd have long since disappeared from the face of the earth.

Hmmm. Responding to your original and most eloquent post, I'm not aware of any liberal agenda to jam child sex down our throats.  Child sex is normatively wrong, whether gay, lesbian, straight.

Now, tell your college prof to pull his dick our of your ass before you get AIDS dementia. Oops, to late.

Hey mods, is this the sort of high-level dialogue we are encouraging here at AR15?
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Headlines:  "Basketball Team Takes a Licking"

Ha!

That was a good one,had me laughing out loud.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 3:22:39 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Anyone care to hit it?

i'd hit it...in the head with a brick

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 3:24:18 PM EDT
[#38]
she should be in jail, molesting kids is a crime, lesbian or not, and she is not really ugly, i bet if she had a chance to spruce up a bit with some makeup before the pic everyone would be making the id hit it statement
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 3:30:08 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Hmmm. Responding to your original and most eloquent post, I'm not aware of any liberal agenda to jam child sex down our throats.  

Such as you said the same thing about homosexuality 3 decades or so ago. We all see how that turned out.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sadly ignorant

Yes you are.

Now, tell your college prof to pull his dick our of your ass before you get AIDS dementia. Oops, to late.

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 3:38:08 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Now that the libs have jammed faggotry down our throats, child sex is next.

my thoughts exactly !!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 3:46:36 PM EDT
[#42]
No surprise here, The high school where I work has two known female and three male homos. They are with your/someone else's kids all day. Far as I know ain't nothing nasty going on but it wouldn't surprise me if it did. I have no doubt that if a 28 year old male teacher did it with a 15 year or 17 old of either sex he would be in jail.

rk
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 1:23:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
No surprise here, The high school where I work has two known female and three male homos. They are with your/someone else's kids all day. Far as I know ain't nothing nasty going on but it wouldn't surprise me if it did. I have no doubt that if a 28 year old male teacher did it with a 15 year or 17 old of either sex he would be in jail.

rk

None of them should be within a mile of our kids. Schools should be declared Homo-free zones!
In my high school the girls gym teacher and coach spent her day leering at the girls coming out of the shower when she handed out towels to them. This was no secret and every girl in the school was aware, uncomfortable and spoke out about this. The school and even the parents turned a deaf ear to it. Imagine that. Eventually, there were enough complaints that she lost her job. Sort of. They transferred her down to the Junior High!!!!No shit!

If any of you have any doubt about the intent to mainstream sex with children and make it acceptable check these links. If you can stomach it of course:

www.nambla.org future targets of america would be a more appropriate name

www.groups.yahoo.com/group/psychiatry-research/message/3329

The Amer Acad of Psych had a discussion during their recent convention that discussed this issue. There were some who felt that sex with children was simply a life style choice.

Have no doubt what the intent of these people is.

Phil-A-Steen,
I see that you, after making a big stink about my post, have left it up. I was asked to delete my comment, and did so, but I am glad that it has persisted in spite of that. My thanks to you for single handedly supporting my freedom of expression. Further proof that you've got a few issues...
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 1:38:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I think I'm gonna 'mostly' agree with drjarhead on this one.

While I don't object to someone being a homosexual, I think the treatment this teacher got was greatly biased due to her status.

I do believe there is a actual agenda in play as well to legitimize these actions.

Mostly??
Argghhh!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:19:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:47:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Dear Penthouse Forum.........................
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:56:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Do you know the difference between a band of pygmy warriors and a girls' track team?

The first one is a band of cunning runts.

The second is a band of running....
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:21:54 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think I'm gonna 'mostly' agree with drjarhead on this one.

While I don't object to someone being a homosexual, I think the treatment this teacher got was greatly biased due to her status.

I do believe there is a actual agenda in play as well to legitimize these actions.

Mostly??
Argghhh!

While I'm sure it was in jest, I wouldn't support a Homo Free school.

First off, homosexual kids should not be denied public access to education.

Second, I don't see why a otherwise qualified homosexual teacher should be prevented from teaching math, etc.

Now OBVIOUSLY a PE teacher is a high risk postition. In light of things like locker room access (for example a male math teacher may NOT enter the girls locker room) the issues of homosexuals in THOSE positions would have to be either heavily restricted (ie. no locker room access) or simply not allowed.

I also think we need standardized sentencing in these cases. In otherwords males, females, heterosexuals and homosexuals alike need to be treated equally in terms of jail time.

only one small problem...where are you going to find a straight female PE teach?!!

and I have to agree on the standard sentencing,you screw up you pay the same price.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:35:17 PM EDT
[#50]
She's better looking than the 200 lb. bull dyke girls PE teacher we had in high school. That woman was the definition of butch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top