BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2001 2:46:09 PM EDT
Date sent:       Fri, 4 May 2001 23:53:01 EDT
Subject:         AR15.com post
To:             [email protected]

Your post regarding Les Baer being kicked out of the american pistolsmiths
guild (aka: blacksmiths) is an absolute, bold faced LIE !

Your information is in error and you should be ashamed of yourself.

While many of the members do not like Les Baer, it is because they are
small minded customizers who cant compete with a manufacturer like Les.
Les quit because he got fed up with the little old ladies and all of their
bitching and gossip.

While many are so called artists, they are all primadonnas !

Les Baer is the king of 1911's and now Ar's..because he is a perfectionist

Link Posted: 5/7/2001 4:00:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I swear, that guy loves making an ass of himself.   He's emailed a few members of this board while spewing similar horses**t from his facial orifice.

Does Les Baer make a bad AR?  I never said that nor did anyone else, but what we did say is that if you want a rifle that can perform astoundingly well and possibly get it for slightly cheaper or maybe get it months earlier than a Les Baer built gun then there are likely other builders out there willing to help you out as well as offer you more options at the same time.

This guy has the nerve to call others closed minded?  That's about the funniest thing about that joker.  To think that Les Baer is the only "perfectionist" out there is about the most retarded statement I think I've ever heard in a long time.   Wanna talk snobs?  Who is it who has a "proprietary" reamer and considers just about all of the shit that goes into his gun to be "classified" information?   Gotta love those "mystery spec" rifles!

Anyone who wants to read some more crap from that dude should go down to read this link.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=20354#lastPost[/url]

I don't doubt that LesBaer rifles perform but to make a statement that the LesBaers out perform rifles from anyone of a dozen other quality AR builders(competitive builders and true artisans and not ASA, Bushmaster, DPMS where it is more about mass production) is just absolutely the biggest amount of bullshit I've heard in a long time.

The funniest thing is hearing from the space gun people who are so far beyond this dude that it is funny because jusdfacts can't pull his head out of his ass long enough to figure out what are actually THE FACTS!
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 4:39:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Les Baer is the king of 1911's and now Ar's..because he is a perfectionist
View Quote

FACT:
Les Baer is a mass production
manufacturing co., not a one man shop.
I have a feeling the perfectionist doesn't
build too many guns these days.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 7:02:07 PM EDT
[#4]
For what you pay for a LB AR, it had better come with a Rolex.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 8:47:27 PM EDT
[#5]
He makes nice scope rings
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Your post regarding Les Baer being kicked out of the american pistolsmiths
guild (aka: blacksmiths) is an absolute, bold faced LIE !

Your information is in error and you should be ashamed of yourself.

While many of the members do not like Les Baer, it is because they are
small minded customizers who cant compete with a manufacturer like Les.
Les quit because he got fed up with the little old ladies and all of their
bitching and gossip.
View Quote

Now I see why you waited so long to
reply to that post! The topic that was
linked in my original post is gone!
That was by Larry Vickers.
That's OK I found a more recent one
by Dane Burns.
[url]http://www.pistolsmith.com/viewtopic.php?topic=461&forum=4&9[/url]
Hi Dane,

I know you and alot of smiths aren't real fond of Les Baer guns. What kind of stuff have you seen on them that you don't like or needs to get changed or fixed? I've heard of heat treat issues but I was just curious about other stuff.

Thanks!!

Shooter_McGee
------------------------------------------------

Dane Burns

Posted: 2001-04-21 01:36  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey McGee,

The heat treat is the biggy. I cracked a frame myself and have heard of a lot of frame failures in the last six years. Not many lately though to be honest. So I suspect they have cleaned up some of the problems.

The biggest issue between Baer product and my customer service is LB's warrenty. Les refused to back his product. Brownell's saved me from eating several of his frames.

For that reason, the same one that got LB booted from the guild, I no longer suggest or use Baer products.
View Quote

Where are dfacts that support your claim?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top