Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2002 12:48:44 AM EDT
I'm moving to arizona in a month or so. I have two PWA lowers that are well under the ban. I'd like to register them as SBR's. What do I need to do? Can I sell them without SB as a preban or does it have to be sold as NFA? What are the costs involved? How long does the process take and how do I get started? Is there anything else I need to know? Thanks in advance for any info.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 1:10:26 PM EDT
Do a Form-1 on each lower (serial #) yourself.
You can go to [url]http://www.titleii.com/pdf/NewF1.pdf[/url] and do the form there. Print the front, then flip in the printer and do the rear. You need 2 copies for each serial. You will need 2 FD-258 print cards per rifle, Cleo, and $200 tax per rifle.

When approved, get your short upper and have lots of fun. You can have the rifles removed from NFA by writing ATF asking for removal, then when you get return notice of removal, you can sell the lowers as regular Title 1 stuff. You can keep as SBR and sell that way, but takes longer because of the transfer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top