Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2001 6:59:10 PM EDT
Sorry if this has been beaten to death before, but my search didn't find a good answer...

I have a question about the legality of threading the barrel and installing a Vortex. The barrel is part of a "Millenial upper" I purchased from Fulton Armory. I didn't have a pre-ban receiver at the time, so I got the "post-ban type" upper with a bare muzzle (the barrel was made in the 1960s or 70s, so I guess you could call it a pre-ban barrel).

Is it legal to thread and install a Vortex in this case (of course, the upper will only be used on the pre-ban lower...)?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 8:49:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Sure thing - long as it only goes on pre-ban or fixed-mag lowers after you've threaded it and put the phantom on it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 8:55:37 PM EDT
[#2]
it doesnt matter when the barrel was made since the barrel isnt the gun heck i could thread post 94 barrel's till the cows come home thats why i wonder why the hell Preban Uppers and Stocks sell so much. well it depends on where u buy em. just make sure its legal to put the barrel/upper is ok for the gun your putting on
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top