Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/2/2002 1:25:47 AM EST
I see brand new AK and FAL Receivers for sale relatively cheap. Then I see the Parts Kits real cheap. The only problem is that they are regulated under 922(r) and making them compliant doubles the price. So, I noticed today that 922(r) only covers Rifles and Shotguns. In fact, I read it doesn't cover any NFA Guns or Pistols. So, the question pops in my head. How about an AK or FAL Pistol. That would be nice, except for 922(v) (1994 AW Ban) makes it impossible to bring below 50 Ounces. So, another would be, are there any legal issues with buying an AK or FAL Receiver, then attaching the Magazine Permanently (Fixed Mag.) and not installing a stock. Would it then be a Pistol. For example, could you make a Short AK-47 w/ a Fixed 90 Round Drum as long as the Receiver never had a Stock attached to it. I know loading it would be hard. But, then again that is why I'd go with a 90 Round Drum.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:37:37 AM EST
Buy a bare receiver, register it as AOW on a Form-1, or if the dealer is a C2, have him/her register as AOW on their book, $5 transfer to you on Form-4, them pay somebody to build. Keith at [url]www.gulfcoastarmory.com[/url] had pics of a FAL-AOW recently. AK AOW's aren't uncommon.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:42:03 AM EST
if the mag is permantly attached its no longer a ASSUALT weapon. fyi if u dont want to go the NFA route
Top Top