Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2002 12:45:37 PM EDT
All,
I know all about postban BS. I want to SBR a post lower but keep most of the "look" of a pre. I'll go with a decent looking brake. I think I know what ATF's position on this is if I ask, "No!". What about a front site post with a bayo lug on it, but mill off the locking parts so it will no longer be a bayo lug, but a "nub". A bayonet will no longer lock or fix to it. Anybody see a problem with that?

From a distance it will still look authentic.

Suggestions?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 3:05:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Mind you, all this would end up being is a slick sided, square piece of metal incapable of mounting a bayonet. It would strictly be for "the coolness factor". You wouldn't be able to mount a bayo anyway because there would not be enough barrel in front to support it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 10:23:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Troy, can you post a link to BATF opinion?  I know they like to make up law as they go, but I have never heard this one before.  If it cannot accept a bayonet, it is just another piece of extra metal on the front sight assembly.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#4]
The latch on the knife can still lock onto to so-called "nub". So it would still be a "bayonet lug', irregardless that the flash hider would not support the end of the handle via the support plate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top