Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/24/2002 12:45:37 PM EDT
All, I know all about postban BS. I want to SBR a post lower but keep most of the "look" of a pre. I'll go with a decent looking brake. I think I know what ATF's position on this is if I ask, "No!". What about a front site post with a bayo lug on it, but mill off the locking parts so it will no longer be a bayo lug, but a "nub". A bayonet will no longer lock or fix to it. Anybody see a problem with that? From a distance it will still look authentic. Suggestions? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 3:05:02 PM EDT
Mind you, all this would end up being is a slick sided, square piece of metal incapable of mounting a bayonet. It would strictly be for "the coolness factor". You wouldn't be able to mount a bayo anyway because there would not be enough barrel in front to support it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 10:23:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 6:24:50 PM EDT
Troy, can you post a link to BATF opinion? I know they like to make up law as they go, but I have never heard this one before. If it cannot accept a bayonet, it is just another piece of extra metal on the front sight assembly.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:20:12 PM EDT
The latch on the knife can still lock onto to so-called "nub". So it would still be a "bayonet lug', irregardless that the flash hider would not support the end of the handle via the support plate.
Top Top