Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/14/2006 12:39:19 PM EDT
I just installed the forend on my PLR 16 and I am wanting to install a handle to it. I have seen AR's with the handle installed on the bottom of the forend so you can hold on to something besides the magazine. Is this legal to do on the PLR 16 pistol? Some discussion on another forum had mixed emotions on it whether it was legal or not to install a handle on the forend. Let me know.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:40:26 PM EDT
No vertical foregrips allowed on pistols, unless you go the NFA route.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:41:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2006 12:45:50 PM EDT by Planerench]
I was under the impression that an AOW had to have a "permanently attached" forward grip to qualify but that is some thin ice to skate on. I'll go see if I can find my BATF weapon ID book.

update: My Identification of Firearms pamphelt does not go into the AOW/forward grip breakdown. Sorry.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:45:53 PM EDT
Check the AR pistol forum. Last time I checked any type of attached verticle grip turns it into a AOW and you are subject to all applicable NFA laws and fees.
Top Top