Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 2/10/2002 10:44:03 AM EST
If you were traveling and you decided to buy some firearms that were legal in your home state but did not have the space to take it with you. Could you legally ship those firearms back to your home? Assuming you would be there to pick it up when it got there. An example of such a scenario would be if you flew to some other state for a vacation, while you where there you came across some low priced hunting rifles. Rather than go though the trouble of checking them in with your airline, just UPS them back home.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 10:47:56 AM EST
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 10:57:52 AM EST
Hehe... yeah, looks like we both are in the same boat Paul... When are you moving [;)] My only complaint is that I like it here; kind of hard to move when you have friends had family here. Work… works no factor – I could work at Talco bell if I had to.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 8:48:19 PM EST
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 8:53:07 PM EST
Doesn't California suck............
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 8:59:16 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/10/2002 9:10:49 PM EST by sulaco]
If you don’t mind me asking, what doses PRK stand for? I have seen it used a bit on this board and I have not figured it out yet. Others like BOR took a little to figure out, because they were not very obvious at first… Kaliburz Oh man those other people don’t know what your missing by not living in California [:D] The state government strips us of our right to bare arms, or local government strips us of over anything our state government forgot… Just turned 21 6 months ago and they made it a crime to drink beer at the beach, so much for volleyball and beer. So if you plan on living in CA then you should do the only sensible thing, build a big a stonewall and hid! [peep]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 9:44:21 PM EST
PRK = People's Republic of Kalifornia. A proper socialist name for a socialist-leaning state. Some use PRC (People's Republic of California) but that gets too easily confused with communist China. You may also see PRM (Maryland), PRNY (New York), and others. Don't forget the ever-popular Kalifornistan - where Mullah Gray Davis and Osama bin Lockyer head the hard-line Caliban regime.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:21:43 AM EST
Yeah, but what is "BOR?"
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 7:01:05 AM EST
Thanks Circuits, I thought it PRK was for Park... but that didn't make sense. BOR = Bill Of Rights, I was going to ask what it meant but then I figured it out.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 3:16:18 PM EST
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 3:19:46 PM EST
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 3:32:47 PM EST
Originally Posted By Troy: Oh, and I guess I should clarify: You can buy a PRK-legal gun while out-of-state, but you can't take possession. It must be sent by the seller to a PRK FFL, who will then transfer it to you (generally for a fee), including the DROS, NICS check, and 10-day wait. -Troy
View Quote
I haven't been to PRK in a while-- have the laws changed for visitors/travelers or people moving into the state? I know that local laws apply differntly throughout the state too. Like in some areas, you have to transfer firearms through an FFL no matter what.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 1:31:22 PM EST
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 4:20:31 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/12/2002 4:24:59 PM EST by Energizer]
Originally Posted By Troy: It is [b]PRK state law[/b] that all firearms must be transferred though an FFL, have a DROS (Dealer Record Of Sale) form submitted, and have the NICS check run. For handguns, the receiver must have a DD214, a Hunter's Safety Card, or a BFSC (Basic Firearms Safety Certificate); this will be upgraded to an actual permit (i.e., owner registration) in 2003, requiring prints and further testing. Any handguns imported into the state must be in the "not unsafe" list. FFLs can only sell listed handguns. All guns must be sold with gun locks specifically approved for that model of gun, or you must have a qualifying safe. No "assault weapons" can be imported or transferred at all in the PRK, nor can >10-capacity mags. Those are just a few of the highlights. These laws apply to residents, visitors, and people moving into the state. -Troy
View Quote
Wow-- a lot has changed in the past 3 to 5 years. I remember, according to various laws on CA that I read online and from the NRA, in certain counties, you could transfer handguns to private parties, without any hassles, and you could visit PRK with your firearms (any magazine capacity was okay), and you could bring assault weapons as long as you registered them within 90 days (I think)...
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 1:45:42 PM EST
Top Top