Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 1/2/2007 2:25:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/2/2007 2:28:15 PM EST by Top_prop]
I'll spare you all the details as I've only gotten them second hand...

A friend of mine from High School has been charged with Felonious Assault

As I understand it my friend's wife's x-husband came over just after my friend returned from deer hunting... an argument ensued between his wife and the x-husband... and the x-husband pushed his wife around. My friend quickly interviened and the x-husband wouldn't leave or desist until he grabbed his readily availble deer gun as it was out on his bed in the next room... then the x-husband went to the cops and they've charged my friend not the x-husband...

my friend is honest and calm to a fault... that I'm sure of.

Oh and the cops just came and confiscated every gun in the house. May I remind you that he was forced to use a gun to get the x to leave...

So you know a good pro gun laywer who defends this sort of stuff?

Got a hotline for the NRA or any other usefull sugesstions please post.

Thanks,

Tom
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 2:28:18 PM EST
Happyshooter on this and other boards, may be able to help. He's a lawyer. I don't have his contact info. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 2:28:58 PM EST
First one to call the cops wins (bears repeating).

As to the pro gun lawyer...no idea. In fact, it bothers me that I have NO IDEA who to call if I ever find myself needing one.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 2:34:00 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 2:35:18 PM EST

Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:
the ex was tresspassing at HIS house

the ex assulated HIS wife

the ex refused to leave HIS house after a verbal warning.

he gets charged with assualt? WTF kinda POPO do you have up there? down here the cops would have beat the ex's ass for disturbing their "donut" time.

Remember what he said about getting this "second hand"? There has to be more to the story.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 2:35:58 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 2:38:28 PM EST

Originally Posted By SubnetMask:

he gets charged with assualt? WTF kinda POPO do you have up there? down here the cops would have beat the ex's ass for disturbing their "donut" time.

Remember what he said about getting this "second hand"? There has to be more to the story.

Was this in Royal Oak, MI or near there?

If so there may not be more to the story. That part of Michigan is very very liberal.

He needs to call the NRA and see if they have a RKBA Attorney on hand.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 2:45:01 PM EST
I am getting sick of this state.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 2:52:59 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/2/2007 3:00:31 PM EST by Top_prop]

It does suck there for stuff like this. I lived in oakland county till I was 18... then joined the .mil.

Why do you think I decided to get out of the .mil and live here in Pcola... Until recently Mich law required you to flee an aggressor's attacks if possible, even in your own home...

Not like that here in Florabama... I had to turn in my C&R ffl paper work to the sheriff, I asked the secretary what they do with them... they check them against known fellons and then schred them...

I've watched the cops kill a man here... he had tied up a woman who was diabetic robbed her and stole her pistol, then robbed another man and stole his truck.

The sheriff's found him driving the truck and surrounded him... he merely waived a gun in their direction... and it sounded like the rattle battle at camp perry... they turned him into swiss cheese...

I live here for more than the sunshine!
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 2:56:15 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/2/2007 3:01:54 PM EST by Top_prop]

Originally Posted By ffsparky26:

Originally Posted By SubnetMask:

Was this in Royal Oak, MI or near there?

If so there may not be more to the story. That part of Michigan is very very liberal.

He needs to call the NRA and see if they have a RKBA Attorney on hand.

No more to the story... I just spared you what the x was there about... he bought their son a cell phone which the wife and my friend (who has majority of custody) removed from the son's use as punishment... the x-husband thought since he bought it they couldn't decide if the son could use it... etc...

And its in Waterford... not too far from Royal Oak (same county, same prosecutor).

ETA, again I'm just looking for solid legal referals..... names of attorney's, hot line/help phone numbers, etc.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 4:20:30 PM EST
Posted a link to this in the Michigan hometown forum.

Hopefully someone there has some good contacts for your friend.

BTW, story still doesn't seem complete. Friend should have called the cops as soon as the x touched his wife, maybe even before that...
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 4:45:22 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/2/2007 4:51:10 PM EST by BustOff]
Try Dean - If he can't do it - he'll find you a lawyer. Tell him I sent ya.

Dean G. Greenblatt, plc
Dean G. Greenblatt
Attorney and Counselor
100 Bloomfield Hills Parkway
Suite 190
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304-2949
248/644-7520

or

David M. McCleary
Attorney at Law
Waterford, MI
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 8:07:22 PM EST

Originally Posted By BustOff:
Try Dean - If he can't do it - he'll find you a lawyer. Tell him I sent ya.

Dean G. Greenblatt, plc
Dean G. Greenblatt
Attorney and Counselor
100 Bloomfield Hills Parkway
Suite 190
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304-2949
248/644-7520

or

David M. McCleary
Attorney at Law
Waterford, MI

Bust off, thank you I've forwarded this onward
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 8:15:18 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/2/2007 8:17:16 PM EST by Top_prop]

Originally Posted By hajami:
Posted a link to this in the Michigan hometown forum.

Hopefully someone there has some good contacts for your friend.

BTW, story still doesn't seem complete. Friend should have called the cops as soon as the x touched his wife, maybe even before that...

Can't argue that, cause I agree. But I know my friend likes to keep to himself and take care of his family in family. Probably didn't want to be "bringing the cops into it." Though I doubt gun confiscation was a consideration, but now that they've taken his guns for defending his turf could you really blame him?

(and I've heard others have had the same problems, along with the local police not returning them in the proper condition when the dust settles)

I had a girlfriend the next town over (still Oakland Co) who's step dad raped her and her sister for years... She told him if he did it to either of them again she'd kill him. He stopped for a while... then raped her sister. She got pissed off and almost killed him, then just turned him into the cops. If I'm not mistaken she had to give her target rifle to our rifle coach (thats how I met her) before they came to the house and took all the guns after they arrested him and released him on bond (he'd raped her sister at gun point)...

Loco.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 2:38:47 AM EST

Attorney David M. McCleary
4345 Meigs Ave. Suite B
Waterford, Mi. 48329
248-674-1716

He concentrates on Second Amendment Issues & Criminal Defense.

My personal Attorney!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 2:50:29 AM EST
Tag ... I need this info too and I also hope the OP's friend gets off if that's he whole story.

MI isn't that bad, guys...
Top Top