Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2008 8:19:58 AM EDT
Anyone else like this series? While I find Reacher as a character unbelievable, I do like the books action & plots.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Major Jack fan here.  

I know his character is kind of unbelievable, but its still great to sit back and wish you could pull off some of the stunts he does.

Next bookcomes out later this month.

BTW, if you like Reacher, you may want to check out the books by Brian Haig (Alexander Haig's son).  His main character, Sean Drummond, is similar to Reacher in that he kicks ass without bothering to take names.

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:14:08 PM EDT
[#2]

I've read them all so far.

The new one came out on Amazon today, I believe.

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, my mom buys the Reacher hardbacks & I read them after she is done.

The author does make some gun mistakes, like he does research but you can tell he really isn't a gun guy. Like his gun prices are MSRP, no one pays that.

Or in Persuader, he was talking about Reacher shooting pistol gripped Mossberg Persuaders w/ slugs & no mention is made of the recoil. Nor having to work the slide after firing.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:26:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Big Reacher Fan! Read all of the books! I have been waiting for the latest one to come out. Desert Moon Reads Jack Reacher books too.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:28:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I read most of that series and I believe the author is a wanker, Reacher is kinda like The Punisher.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:29:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Love the Reacher series...one of the few books the wife and i both read.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:38:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I actually met Lee Child and he is a very likeable guy. He was very easy to talk to and actually took sort of a long time to have a conversation with me. I think I have a pic of us at his book signing somewhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top