Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/16/2005 11:07:57 AM EDT
I was outside this morning burning some paper and I told my 4 1/2 year old daughter Summer to stay away from the fire because "fire is dangerous and it can give you 'boo-boos' if you get too close to it."

My daughter responded with this: "Yes daddy. And it's really HOT too."

Gotta love having children.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:09:58 AM EDT
Sounds like a smart little girl
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:10:37 AM EDT
My son (just turned 4) was at my sisters wedding this past year where he was a ring bearer.
In the middle of mass (Catholic) he gets up and walks up to the altar where the priest was, looks up at him and turns around and says "Thats not God".
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:13:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By quijanos:
My son (just turned 4) was at my sisters wedding this past year where he was a ring bearer.
In the middle of mass (Catholic) he gets up and walks up to the altar where the priest was, looks up at him and turns around and says "Thats not God".

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:17:56 AM EDT
made me laugh, thanks
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:30:12 AM EDT

Goblin, kids do come out with some funny stuff. Their perspective is so unbiased and fresh, every day is a treat around them.

One time I walked into my bedroom and my then 4 year old (now 9) was busily cutting up my wifes pearls with play scissors. I blurted out "what did you do, you're mother's going to kill you." He immediately starts crying and wails "I don't want to die!!!!!!". Boy, did I feel badly after that!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:33:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:
I was outside this morning burning some paper and I told my 4 1/2 year old daughter Summer to stay away from the fire because "fire is dangerous and it can give you 'boo-boos' if you get too close to it."

My daughter responded with this: "Yes daddy. And it's really HOT too."

lol!! i guess she gets her intelligence from her mom
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:39:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TimJ:

Goblin, kids do come out with some funny stuff. Their perspective is so unbiased and fresh, every day is a treat around them.

One time I walked into my bedroom and my then 4 year old (now 9) was busily cutting up my wifes pearls with play scissors. I blurted out "what did you do, you're mother's going to kill you." He immediately starts crying and wails "I don't want to die!!!!!!". Boy, did I feel badly after that!

Yea it does make you feel bad when that stuff happens.

One night, my wife asnd I were outside and we noticed my son's light on. So my wife goes up and knocks on the window to tell him to shut it off (keep in mind he is 3). He screams bloody murder and runs to the door saying something (we can't hear what he is saying) and I tell her he is scared and she needs to go get him. Well she doesn't think he is scared and goes inside to see....sure enough.............man I love ribbing her for that.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:43:07 AM EDT

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:44:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:46:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:

Yup. So much so that #5 will be here before the week is out. Maybe tonight!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:55:21 AM EDT
Just recently my whole family got a bacteria infection from who knows where. Gave us all diarrhea and vomiting. When I gave my 4 year old the antibiotics and explained to him that he has very small bugs in him making him sick he asked where they came from. I told him they probably came from some food we ate, he said "yea, probably the broccolli!"
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:42:48 PM EDT
My son and I walk in to the ranger station at the Greater Gulf State park to pay for our campground. He is looking at pictures of the animals and spots a couple of aligators and says across the room full of tourist "Hey Dad, we can catch and kill aligators here . Did you bring any guns? I couldn't believe he said that and was so serious like we did it all the time or something. The ranger pulled us to the side and questioned what we had planned for the weekend and went over the rules with us before he handed me the list of rules. I laugh about it now . We are going back this weekend . I hope they don't remember us..
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:43:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Scottman:
Yup. So much so that #5 will be here before the week is out. Maybe tonight!

Wow. We have three and that's plenty.

Congratulations, Scotty.
Top Top