Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2006 1:57:46 PM EDT
Hey, I'm looking for a quality leather briefcase.  

When I started working, I bought two cheapo leather briefcases from Wilsons's (yeah, "mall leather").  They looked good but they didn't hold up under heavy use.  Yes, I have been taking care of my leather goods -- yearly applications of leather conditioner and stain blocker.  They just didn't hold up.

So I want to replace them with something that will hold up -- i.e. something significantly better in the quality dept than what I have.

Here are my style preferences (keep in mind that I will not buy Kenneth Cole, they are anti-gun!):

1.  Single lock

2.  Double lock

(I like how the straps have rubber non-slip grip material on the shoulder pad.  Nothing annoys me more than having the damn shoulder strap slip off my jacket while I'm walking around).

I have looked at Coach and Brooks Brothers.  Neither have anything I like.  

An option might be this style, but it is in third place in my mind:

3.  Executive Case or

3.  Vanson Executive Case.  I kinda like this one because I know Vanson makes great quality stuff (I have 2 of their jackets) and it is made in the USA to boot.  I'm just not crazy about the style.

Any recommendations for a quality leather briefcase, fitting the above styles, would be greatly appreciated.  Price is flexible but I'd like to keep it under $500.  

Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top