Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 5/2/2009 4:11:48 PM EDT
I have never taken the time to learn how to take a picture that I get emailed to me and then post it onto a webpage.

The only way I know to post pics to the web is by uploading my own pictures to a web host, such as Photo Bucket.

Is there a simple way to take an image I get through email and post it directly onto a website? Or does it have to be transferred theough PB as well? If so, what is the process?

I get pictures all the time emailed to me, and I know how to save them into a folder in My Documents, but I want a way to quickly throw them up on a forum such as Arf.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:29:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/2/2009 4:38:58 PM EDT by MiamiARFan]
The image files have to be hosted somewhere, either on the server itself (arfcom allows that if you're a paying member) or from a service such as photobucket.  You could do it from your own PC, but then you would need a static ip, etc, etc, etc.  for the most part it's easier just to use a service.

eta: Gold Membership = 10MB storage Platinum = 50MB
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:40:33 PM EDT
I didnt realize I could use arfcom to host pictures. How much room does the standard membership get? How does one go about using the service?
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:45:04 PM EDT
Tinypic is all you need, and its free.

http://tinypic.com/

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:06:57 PM EDT
I have had a PB account for years, I was just wondering if there was a way to get pics from email to website without using a host.
Top Top