User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2001 8:27:10 PM EDT
Worthless Scopes?
[sniper]
--thanks
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 3:59:48 AM EDT
[#1]
You get what you pay for, I tried one of the carry handle models and it was a POS. So while the price is attractive I say [b]NAY![/b]

Mike
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 4:08:31 AM EDT
[#2]
The one I had the privilege of helping a buddy sight-in was a POS.  The zero kept walking around.  Turns out all the screws were backing out.  I found out when I noticed one missing.

I'd pass.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 4:13:06 AM EDT
[#3]
As Mr wilson said "you get what you pay for"  But, I have a carry handle scope that I use regularly.  It holds zero fine, but the overall quality and optics are below par.  I use it at the range though, and like not worrying about throwing it around.
There's a review online at the Maryland's AR15 Shooters site.  Check it out.  Tells you what you need to do to make it work (like loctiting the screws that tend to walk)  It was what made me decide to get one.  And at $35-40 You can't beat it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 5:59:02 AM EDT
[#4]
It's made in the wrong country.  Don't buy products from that country.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 6:51:07 AM EDT
[#5]
My friend had one on a G3. After about 300 rounds one of the ajusment screws broke. The whole plastic boss broke and could not be fixed.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 6:56:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a rubber armored one> It has lasted me, I would say I got my moneys worth out of it.  Just don't compare it to a real scope, it is a POS. I wish I had just used that money and got a real scope on the first go round.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 6:58:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Well I guess that's not going to be on my list of things to buy. [:)]

Any recommended scopes, for say, the SKS?
Leapers was a name that kept coming up, hence the reason I asked.

[%|]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 6:59:38 AM EDT
[#8]
How about that Russian Reflex sight?

The Kobra
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 9:51:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Chi-chom garbage!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 9:57:40 AM EDT
[#10]
SKS Guy-

Just curious to know what make/model/brand gun you were planning on mounting a leaper on?

Link Posted: 9/26/2001 11:32:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Nay. My 4x carry handle mounted Leapers also had a wandering zero, +7". Not one hit in the bullseye. I thought it was me, until I took it off and proceeded to shoot a sub 2" group with the stock A2 sights. With plenty of hits in the orange dot too. I almost threw it in the trash right there at the range. But I may keep it just to take it apart and experiment with the lenses and reticle.

I have a cheapy Russian 4x on my FAL, $70-80, that is dead on every time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top