Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2004 2:36:36 PM EDT
I came out after church this AM to find that each car had an oversize political postcard on the windshield. Well done, card stock, 4 color. (~) "Who shares your values?" with photos and a list of issues (partial-birth abortion, gay marriage, et c.) showing Bush's and Kerry's positions. I still think it was inappropriate, but I confess that I was a little less annoyed when I saw that it was pro-Bush stuff. Anybody else get hit at church today?
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 2:40:15 PM EDT
[#1]
No leaflets, as our church is pretty well split on politics...

But did anyone watch John Hagee or Charles Stanley this morning?

Or ( i forget his name) the guy at Macon Road Baptist Church in Memphis, TN?

I'm not sure how a Christian could watch those 3 sermons and still vote for Kerry, though I'm sure it'll still happen.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Kerry's campaign is doing that in Ohio, except they're lying and actually claiming Kerry's more pro-life than Bush.

They'll say anything to get elected, and seem to think voters are complete morons.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Our church has a Citizenship Committee that keeps literature at a table in our foyer on Sundays.  The object is to keep people informed but not push any candidates. That said, you can see W bumper stickers from one end of the parking lot to the other on Sundays. We also have a member who is a NRA A-rated state rep. Kerry's not going to get much play out of this crowd.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No leaflets, as our church is pretty well split on politics...

But did anyone watch John Hagee or Charles Stanley this morning?

Or ( i forget his name) the guy at Macon Road Baptist Church in Memphis, TN?

I'm not sure how a Christian could watch those 3 sermons and still vote for Kerry, though I'm sure it'll still happen.

I often wonder that myself.

I wonder how many Christians realize that if they make it to heaven, they will one day give an account before God of every vote they cast/didn't cast?

God does not give power without accountability. The power to vote is an amazing power, and we WILL be held responsible for how we used it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:05:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I often wonder that myself.

I wonder how many Christians realize that if they make it to heaven, they will one day give an account before God of every vote they cast/didn't cast?

God does not give power without accountability. The power to vote is an amazing power, and we WILL be held responsible for how we used it.

Absolutely.

Last Sunday, our Pastor gave a sermon on exactly this subject.  He didn't mention either candidate or party, but only discussed issues like abortion, homosexual marriage, etc.

I cannot understand how anyone that is a true follower of Jesus could vote for someone as evil as Kerry.

Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:08:17 PM EDT
[#6]
FLA,

Catholic Church right?

I don't like people doing this, but I am glad they did.  Catholics are some of the worst supporters of Democarts I have ever met.

And any Catholic or Christian that votes for Kerry the baby killer has some serious explaining to do.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#7]
If your a "True Christian" how could you support somebody that is in favor of killing babies and perverted behavior/marriages.I wonder how God views these subjects??????????
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:14:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
They'll say anything to get elected, and seem to think voters are complete morons.

I've got a news flash for you...Alot of them are.

SG
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
FLA,

Catholic Church right?

Sgatr15

Episcopalian. Like Catholic, but the priest has a W sticker on his car and a really hot wife.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:21:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I came out after church this AM to find that each car had an oversize political postcard on the windshield. Well done, card stock, 4 color. (~) "Who shares your values?" with photos and a list of issues (partial-birth abortion, gay marriage, et c.) showing Bush's and Kerry's positions. I still think it was inappropriate, but I confess that I was a little less annoyed when I saw that it was pro-Bush stuff. Anybody else get hit at church today?

Same exact handout-- plus a generalized "guide for the catholic voter" and a handout on the state AG race.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top