Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2009 1:24:31 AM EDT
Lead free primer ammo coming to your local Wally-World.
A friend of mine went to pick up some 9mm ammo at Walmart all they had was the lead free primmer ammo with a 2yr shelf life.
Went into my local Walmart to look for the Guns & Ammo AK magazine (not there) buzzed by the ammo counter and the clerk was telling a customer to buy what he could now before they change the primers. Another form of gun control.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:28:15 AM EDT

That is why I will not buy any SS195LF for my PS90.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:31:00 AM EDT
I'm gonna go ahead and call BS on this one.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:35:05 AM EDT
PMC is pleased to announce the arrival of completely Heavy Metal Free Primers for the "green ammo" market. The reason for this designation is that rather than simply being "lead-free" these primers contain absolutely no heavy metals that are found in a number of the other primers currently available in the lead-free market.

This patented product is unique in that it closely approximates all the features of standard non-corrosive primers. By this we mean, it has a 25-year shelf life, it has no moisture or hygroscopic problems, no special handling is required and it meets OSHA and EPA standards. In addition, the primers withstand all adverse temperature and humidity storage problems that have plagued the industry. They have uniformity, reliability and sensitivity equal to the best standard noncorrosive primers.

found this.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:38:54 AM EDT
I though WWB 9mm was loaded in Israel.

Surely the Israelis aren't "going green".
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:39:51 AM EDT
All I'm saying is I'll be pissed if they are going to play the deteriorating primer card on us.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:02:05 AM EDT
I am going to wally world after my next check to see a few things anyway and now I will play with ammo as well.

If someone wants to put an expiration date on my ammo then they better figure on unintended consequences from telling me the last day the ammo is gauranteed to work,

I have ammo kicking around here that is older than me right now.

I am going to get seriously irked with any expiration dates and consider such a thing to be put in place by a fortune teller.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:03:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BB223:
I though WWB 9mm was loaded in Israel.

Surely the Israelis aren't "going green".

Think harder
Top Top