User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2001 10:19:19 PM EDT
on Bravo Channel now.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 11:40:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 11:55:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I like the movie, but a 95lb. girl with a .50AE Desert Eagle is ridiculous.

-Troy
View Quote

But what about a 95 lb girl w/ a suppressed Steyr AUG? Hottie!
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 4:37:54 AM EDT
[#3]
[sex]...........Yeah Baby!!!
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 4:52:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I will probably get flamed for this (the good thing is that, being only on this board every so often, I will likely miss the flames) but here goes:

The American remake "Point of No Return" with Bridget Fonda is a FAR BETTER movie. The woman looks better (the French shick in the original always looks like a Heroin junky to me) and the movie seems to make more sense (there is actually a development of a relationship, and I love hoe the director contrasts her two lives - one bright and happy the other dark and dreary).

Both movies have their stupid gun stuff. La Femme Nikita has some ridiculous line about leaving the first cylinder empty in a revolver (yeah, but won't it rotate to the next when the weapon is cocked?) "Point of No Return" corrects this blooper and uses a automatic with the chamber empty.

I kinda love the use of weapons in the American version. A Hammerli 280, I belives and an Anschutz 1913, IIRC. The former is available in only .22 or .32 and the latter in .22 only! pretty impressive to shoot and kill a person in a croud form over 100 meters away with a .22 rifle you never got to zero!

I personally think someone involved in the movie must have been a competitive shooter and manipulated the movie budget to get him some good deals on new toys.

OK, new poll: Harvey Keitel as "The Cleaner" in "Point of no Return" vs. Harvey Keitel as "The Wolf" in "Pulp Fiction."

Adam
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 10:55:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I will probably get flamed for this ...(the French shick in the original always looks like a Heroin junky to me)...
View Quote

Ummm...she was. I think that's probably why she and her boyfriend were robbing the store in the first place.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 11:08:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I like the original French movie much better. Subtitles, no dubbing. It's darker, more violent. Everything that I would expect from that kind of agency. Ruthless, professional and without a shred of compassion. Nikita was a real punk ass in the beginning, you don't feel sympathy for her until well after she cleans up her act. I love the scene with the Cop and the "pencil". The DE was a .44, the .50AE wasn't available back then. And Anne Parillaud is carrying a real DE in the movie, one that shoots blanks. DE's are much easier on the hands than revolvers and if she could handle that stunt gun than any woman her same size could handle a real one too. Not that agents would really use a DE in assassinations, too damn big. It makes sense in this scene since she didn't have to carry it concealed into the restaurant.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#7]
But guys, I shoot the .465 Linebaugh one handed.  Right!

I have used a guns zeroed in for other people, and I usually don't have to much trouble, but I ain't picking out people in a crowd.  

I like the American one, but even that one isn't much fun to watch.
Ice
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 1:34:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I like the original French movie much better. Subtitles, no dubbing.
View Quote
ick dubs of forgien flicks  if you really want to laugh watch crouching tiger hidden dragon with the english dub. its so bad
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top