Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2005 8:31:00 AM EDT
I have had this one roomate for about a year, now he is just lazy. He is a nice guy and a friend but just one of the most dirty lazy people you will meet.

Now the thing that pisses me off is how he will half ass everything, I was gone for about a week and not only is the trash can filled, he added another trash bag to it.  How fucking hard is it to take it out?

If I ask him he will do it cause i own the house but its just the point I shouldn't have to tell a grown man to clean up after himself.

Part of me figures put up with it, figure I will have to clean up after him but at least I wont have to find a new roomate which would be a HUGE PITA...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:31:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Draw down.  You'd be surprised what you can get people to do when they're staring down the business end of an AR-15, you really would.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:35:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Picking up after him is the price you pay for having somebody to split expenses with.

Decide if you're willing to put up with the inconvenience.

If not, your options are:

1.  Find a new roommate.

2.  Try some behavior modification to motivate him to contribute more effort to the upkeep of the house. (Note: This may lead to option 1 if he doesn't like it).
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:37:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Corrective training. Put him in the "thinking position" for 20 minutes.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:38:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Charge him more rent based on the extra work you're doing...or just draw down.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:39:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Take him to the trash and rub his nose in it, he will soon stop
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:39:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Corrective training. Put him in the "thinking position" for 20 minutes.

Front leaning rest?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:40:34 AM EDT
[#7]
can i post pics directly onto this site?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:42:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Tell him to shape up or ship out.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:43:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Kick him to the curb and get a restraining order! Do it now before he does! Then lawyer up!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:43:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Time to sit down for an evaluation.  He is a friend, so you risk damaging that relationship--then again, if he was a true friend, he'd pull his own weight.  Your approach should be explain your situation in no uncertain terms and what his expectations are.  I realize he is a grown man, but there are grown me all over the world who still need to be told what to do and how to do it.  If he cannot or will not live up to his obligations for sharing your house, you can either boot him or raise his rent for a 'cleaning' charge.  Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top