Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2010 10:02:07 PM EDT
Has anyone else heard of this little girl yet?

Layla Grace

My wife is following her on Facebook and Twitter.  When she first heard the story she was a crying wreck for two days and still hasn't recovered.

Long story short, this little girl was diagnosed with cancer (Lukemia) in May of 2009.  She and her parents have fought the cancer since then.  They have posted about her for the past year and found out in January that the cancer had returned and was inoperable and she had only weeks left.  

Layla and my daughter are the same age and this has really hit close to home with my wife.  The pictures are what really do it, my daughter and this little girl look very similar.

My wife told me about this little girl's story a week ago.  I have taken the time to read this little girl's story and I feel so bad for her and her family.  

Since then, every night, I have said a prayer for this little girl's recovery or the end of her suffering and I encourage all of you to do the same.  I can not imagine what those parents are going through.
Link Posted: 3/2/2010 10:44:35 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife has been following this for 6 months or so on babycenter...

I will admit I actually teared up reading some of Shanna's posts.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 6:29:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Bump for little Layla.

If nothing else, I have learned to enjoy the life I have with my kids, not sweat the small stuff, and hug them a lot more.
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd heard of her but never looked into the story because I know how I get.    I read her story earlier today because of this thread.  

It hit home because I have 3 little girls with pretty much the same age separation as Layla and her sisters.  I just get so angry and want to rail against the world when I hear of stories like this.  So FUCKING unfair for babies to have to go through things like this.

My nephew has endured more in his 2 years on earth than most people do in their entire lives.  My best friend's 3 year old was diagnosed with leukemia and has had 2 years of hell trying to fight it.  Both of them treated at Texas Children's Hospital where Layla is and I cannot say enough good things about that place and the people who work there.  

I got involved in the Light The Night organization for fighting childhood cancer when Allie Scott (I'm sure your wife remembers her from Babycenter) died at 9 months old from AML.  

I just cannot comprehend WHY these babies have to suffer like this or HOW their parents survive.
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 6:42:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I happened across Layla's Twitter about 10 days ago. She really got to me.

I hope her family knows how many little ones have gotten extra hugs and love and patience because of her story - I know our kiddo sure has.
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:03:43 AM EDT
[#7]
RIP LITTLE LAYLA

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:34:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
RIP LITTLE LAYLA

What a sad day.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top