Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/5/2002 1:43:59 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 2:49:38 AM EST
? Does it have some other name?
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:13:54 AM EST
DoubleFeed, can you give some more facts? I think I understand what you are getting at, but in terms of what legal significance, I can't really judge anything based on just the term.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:17:36 AM EST
Yes, I've heard that phrase before, but I can't think of anything that's called 'the Competing Harms Doctrine.' Now there is a 'balancing test' that is used in almost [u]all[/u] areas of the law, where competing harms may be 'balanced' in formulating a response to some problem or issue. Sorry, I can't be more helpful. Eric The(Balancing)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:41:58 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:45:30 AM EST
That wouldn't be two thoroughbreds named "Harms" would it? [:D]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:49:20 AM EST
I would say that the example you gave would be one of a 'balancing test' between the need that society has in orderly traffic regulation and the value that society places on human life! Just about any crime, short of murder, can be justified if done for the purpose of protecting or saving innocent human life. So, I suppose, that it can be called a test of competing harms, if you will. I''''m just not familiar with that being the term to use in such situations. Eric The(LegalBeagle)Hun[>]:)]
Top Top