Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/7/2013 11:50:40 AM EDT
Lawsuit proceeding over deputy threatening to murder Florida motorist and CWL holder during a routine traffic stop.

For those of you who recall, the Florida Deputy goes off on the older motorist and threatens "I'll shoot you in the ****ing back".

Deputy: "I'll shoot you in the ****ing back!" -Video
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 11:51:57 AM EDT
I hope the motorist wins Big

and the cop never works as a cop again

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 11:54:46 AM EDT
Stupidity should hurt regardless of what side of the line your on.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 12:15:35 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 12:18:07 PM EDT
Hope the lawsuit is successful and the the "cop" is unemployed (however unlikely that is, these days).

After watching the video, I wonder how he tries to justify this to his co-workers and friends, if he tries at all?
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 12:18:14 PM EDT
a POS cop that thinks his safety is more important than a citizens. He should loose his job.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 12:24:13 PM EDT
Quoted:

View Quote

^
This
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 12:27:17 PM EDT
Quoted:
Hope the lawsuit is successful and the the "cop" is unemployed (however unlikely that is, these days).

After watching the video, I wonder how he tries to justify this to his co-workers and friends, if he tries at all?
View Quote

Likely, that he gave an order---the guy immediately didn't comply, so he used a louder voice and an ultimatum "Do it now or I'll shoot you..."
At any rate, the cop was woefully ignorant as a result of being under-trained or allowing himself to become emotionally over-agitated, or he let his personal politics (being an anti-gun d-bag) get involved.

He shouldn't be working as a cop.  If he is allowed to retain his job, he needs a massive amount of firearms-related legal training, firearms de-sensitivization training (is that even a word?), and maybe a psych profile done---And yes, the victim here should be paid.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 12:32:58 PM EDT
Rabies, he gots'em.

Put him down.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 12:38:32 PM EDT
until the $ from the lawsuit comes out of the cop(s) pocket, it doesnt matter if the older guy wins $1 or $10 million, citizens r flipping the bill for it. cop will get some time off and life will go on.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 12:40:17 PM EDT
Lawsuit? What about criminal charges first?
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 12:44:06 PM EDT
Quoted:
View Quote

You're not real clear on the theory of the thin blue line, are you?
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 12:49:40 PM EDT
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Note the word "should".

I'm sure he understands that the Brotherhood of the Badge takes care of its own, regardless.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 12:50:27 PM EDT
Douchy cop making the job harder for the rest of us.
Hope he has to pay with his job.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 12:51:49 PM EDT
Quoted:
Lawsuit? What about criminal charges first?
View Quote

Baaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah­ahahahaha!
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 1:24:24 PM EDT
If you are that paranoid of a holstered  firearm, you shouldn't be a  officer. The lack of self control and the inability to competently handle such a situation is disturbing.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 1:34:34 PM EDT
http://www.floridacarry.org/

Good people. Join our fight.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 1:35:07 PM EDT
Quoted:

Note the word "should".

I'm sure he understands that the Brotherhood of the Badge takes care of its own, regardless.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Note the word "should".

The cop in question here would have been fired on the spot if he was under my supervision. I've had to do it before and I'm certain I'll do it again.

Again....you should get familiar with the true meaning of the thin blue line (which I personally find to be quite over-played) before you go adding dipshit cops to the list.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 1:36:15 PM EDT
Quoted:
until the $ from the lawsuit comes out of the cop(s) pocket, it doesnt matter if the older guy wins $1 or $10 million, citizens r flipping the bill for it. cop will get some time off and life will go on.
View Quote

Sadly, this.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 1:39:13 PM EDT
Quoted:

View Quote

The second would be great but I wouldn't count on it. The cop that shot the 5yr old kid in the head is a cop again, I believe. He killed that kid b/c he wasn't aware of what was behind what he was aiming to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 1:43:44 PM EDT
dumbass for a cop
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 1:50:06 PM EDT
Hopefully the cop will get what's coming to him.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 1:50:09 PM EDT

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 1:51:50 PM EDT

Quoted:

Rabies, he gots'em.

Put him down.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 1:52:09 PM EDT
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1 part sarcasm, 1 part obvious point. I have a decent idea how it works. The officer in question shouldn't expect much sympathy from coworkers after this display of unprofessionalism
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 2:14:12 PM EDT
Quoted:
View Quote

His on what?z
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 2:20:25 PM EDT
It irritates me that a officer can act like that with no consequences from his department.

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 2:21:25 PM EDT
Quoted:
a POS cop that thinks his safety is more important than a citizens. He should loose his job.
View Quote

Huh?
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 2:35:00 PM EDT
Quoted:
Douchy cop making the job harder for the rest of us.
Hope he has to pay with his job.
View Quote

You.  I'm a fan.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 2:35:51 PM EDT
Quoted:

The cop in question here would have been fired on the spot if he was under my supervision. I've had to do it before and I'm certain I'll do it again.

Again....you should get familiar with the true meaning of the thin blue line (which I personally find to be quite over-played) before you go adding dipshit cops to the list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Note the word "should".

You too.  I'm a fan.  What happened to the usual players?  They are all making sense all of a sudden.......
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 2:36:06 PM EDT
I posted this video quite a ways back.  It was a dupe then.  Wasn't this incident from like 2010?   I think during the thread discussion it was brought up that in Florida the cops are protected from prosecution in many situations like this one.  Some union type thing if I remember correctly.  I could be getting this confused though.  I seem the remember he consensus he would have been fired back then except for the aforementioned LEO protection stuff.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 2:37:12 PM EDT
Quoted:

Note the word "should".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Note the word "should".

I've testified against fellow cops in court and even helped work investigations which put a few IN PRISON, but PLEASE, continue to spout your BS, as you clearly have a well-informed grasp on the subject.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 2:38:44 PM EDT
Dipshit should be in prison for that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 2:42:05 PM EDT
Quoted:

View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 2:42:33 PM EDT
Good. Too bad any real money will go to the lawyer.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 2:45:48 PM EDT
Quoted:

I've testified against fellow cops in court and even helped work investigations which put a few IN PRISON, but PLEASE, continue to spout your BS, as you clearly have a well-informed grasp on the subject.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Note the word "should".

You become butthurt fast.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 2:47:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 2:48:49 PM EDT
Quoted:
View Quote

Most victims dont want the cop to pay.

They want the employer to pay. Bigger $ pockets.

Greed.. its a powerful motivator.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 3:08:47 PM EDT
There will be no millions paid by or to anyone in this case. Typically the Florida Sheriffs Associations attorneys finally tell the local sheriff to settle. The plaintiff takes the settlement offer and happily signs a non disclosure agreement prohibiting him and anyone involved in the case from commenting or in this case bragging on the interwebz. Whether or not the sheriff decides to discipline the deputy is purely an internal matter.

I'm not saying I agree with this and am just sharing my experience.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 3:11:05 PM EDT

Quoted:

View Quote

Never going to happen. As sad as it is, cops are above the law.

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 3:14:01 PM EDT

Quoted:
The second would be great but I wouldn't count on it. The cop that shot the 5yr old kid in the head is a cop again, I believe. He killed that kid b/c he wasn't aware of what was behind what he was aiming to shoot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://5newsonline.com/2013/03/26/officer-convicted-in-shooting-death-becomes-police-chief/

This cop shot a guy six times in the back and once in the back of the head while he had his hands out of the window, surrendering.  They let him plead down from first degree murder to misdemeanor negligent homicide for a 30 day sentence in the county jail, of which he served less than half.

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 3:25:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 3:30:56 PM EDT

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That, and suing the cop (if allowed) might mean that one cop doesn't do it any more. When the department pays, there's an incentive for them to make sure that none of the other cops do it either.

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 3:37:10 PM EDT
Quoted:

That, and suing the cop (if allowed) might mean that one cop doesn't do it any more. When the department pays, there's an incentive for them to make sure that none of the other cops do it either.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Having personal assets on the line is a big motivator NOT to do that crap.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 3:46:34 PM EDT
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isnt about whats right, but how much the payment is.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 3:55:07 PM EDT
I'm waiting for Obama to investigate for civil rights violations.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 3:56:27 PM EDT

Quoted:

View Quote

There has to be some accountability for abuse of power.

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 4:41:46 PM EDT
Quoted:
Hopefully the cop will get what's coming to him.
View Quote

I believe he's trying to get disability pay for PTSD.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 4:42:03 PM EDT

Quoted:

View Quote
This.

The problem in these abuse of power cases is the only ones that really get hurt are the taxpayer, who will pay the settlement. It's not enough to fire the cop and then sock it to the taxpayer, that's why this shit continues to happen.

We need long mandatory prison sentences for the criminals found guilty of the abuse the power they were trusted with. Also any and all compensatory damages paid out should come only from the cops personal forfeitures and lifetime future earnings.

Thats how you put a stop to this bullshit.

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:06:09 PM EDT
Quoted:
This.

The problem in these abuse of power cases is the only ones that really get hurt are the taxpayer, who will pay the settlement. It's not enough to fire the cop and then sock it to the taxpayer, that's why this shit continues to happen.

We need long mandatory prison sentences for the criminals found guilty of the abuse the power they were trusted with. Also any and all compensatory damages paid out should come only from the cops personal forfeitures and lifetime future earnings.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.

Cause the cop will be able to pay while in prison.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:30:15 PM EDT

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

It works for child support cases.  When he pays off the settlement, he can get out of prison.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top