BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2015 8:49:06 AM EDT

Our lawsuit says that the N.S.A.’s mass surveillance of Internet traffic
on American soil — often called "upstream” surveillance — violates the
Fourth Amendment, which protects the right to privacy, as well as the
First Amendment, which protects the freedoms of expression and
association. We also argue that this agency activity exceeds the
authority granted by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act that Congress amended in 2008.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/10/opinion/stop-spying-on-wikipedia-users.html?_r=1

View Quote

The ACLU and Wikipedia must not realize that the government only spies on us for our own safety.

I just hope that the NSA isn't harmed by this lawsuit.  They are doing gods work keeping us safe from ISIS.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 8:57:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

The ACLU and Wikipedia must not realize that the government only spies on us for our own safety.

I just hope that the NSA isn't harmed by this lawsuit.  They are doing gods work keeping us safe from ISIS right wingers and veterans, the true terrorists.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 8:58:00 AM EDT
[#2]
In.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 8:59:48 AM EDT
[#3]
We should all be forced to give all of our usernames and passwords to the government.

For the sake of our children.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:01:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:19:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

You must be one of those crazed libertarians who cares more about a Roman numeral on a 230 year old piece paper than the safety of children.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:23:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You must be one of those crazed libertarians who cares more about a Roman numeral on a 230 year old piece paper than the safety of children.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

But you think it is ok to take money from a bank that isn't yours..........right?

I don't think that was ever in the 230 year old piece of paper.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:23:43 AM EDT
[#7]

The ACLU is worried about assaults on freedom of expression and freedom of association? This has to be a joke.

NSA should counter file a discrimination law suit. Problem solved.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:29:10 AM EDT
[#8]
It's interesting how the Gov set this up. Yes, there ought to be privacy associated with your Internet traffic.  However they have now forced it to the point where Internet privacy is no longer expected by the population at large and it is in the collective consciousness that what is said on the internet is not ultimately private.   A this will lead back to an argument that the public does not have a reasonable expectation of privacy when they put ideas etc, into the ether.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:29:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

But you think it is ok to take money from a bank that isn't yours..........right?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Where did I say its ok to take money that isn't yours from a bank in that thread?  

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:38:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:39:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Good lawsuit.

God bless Edward Snowden.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:08:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I wonder how many in the security services would characterize this as lawfare to degrade critical assets, targeted against the national interest.

The ACLU brand probably has enough historic legitimacy to dissuade most, and there are always dissenters, but the more nationalist kind probably realize that it's the outcome that matters, not the actor.

Naturally kinetic strikes are right out in the homeland - being nationalists, they're incapable of unbounded pragmatism. But intel fusion and interagency cooperation have made long strides, compared to the pre-9/11 era.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:11:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Where did I say its ok to take money that isn't yours from a bank in that thread?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oops...........my bad.........sorry.

I assumed your hatred of banks meant it was ok.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:15:10 AM EDT
[#14]
My prediction is that the suit will be dismissed because the ACLU can't provide the court with the NSA's secret documents that they'll deny exist and refuse to hand over.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:27:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

My prediction is that the suit will be dismissed because the ACLU can't provide the court with the NSA's secret documents that they'll deny exist and refuse to hand over.  
View Quote

FedDC assured Ar15.com that there is a huge amount of oversight at the NSA.  There is no way that kind of criminal coverup could happen.  He would know.

You paranoid gun clingers need to get a grip on reality.  The NSA is here to keep us safe from brown non-christian men.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Best of luck to them

Fox

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Threads about overturning machine gun bans or threads about ammo bans get hundreds of pages.

MAH GUNZ!!  MURICA!  

A thread about stopping the every day assault on your 4th amendment barely gets 2 pages.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 7:27:53 PM EDT
[#18]
In Bore The Presidential Order That Tells Them Where To Go.

Also raid on both office sites.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 7:28:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Skynet has already been activated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top