Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 4:29:18 AM EDT
Here's a good laugh.
Wife was watching it while waiting for BSG to start.
Rape victim is talking to detective at gun range and confiscates her Desert Eagle .50 cal "14 round clip".
It also was a flush fit
ETA: before you Mag/clip nazis fry me the detective called it a "clip"
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:31:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Ever notice on the Law & Orders shows that if a gun is involved, they always catch the bad guy cuz the gun was registered?

We definitely need gun registration....
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:48:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I like it on the cop shows when you think for a split second that they have their finger on the trigger, then you realize the gun doesnt even have a trigger
ETA its usually on Glocks
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:06:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Watched that stupid show with my wife one night. They had a bullet recovered from a murder (9mm fired point blank in a trunk of a car, and it was sitting on top of the floor) it had conventional button rifling. They tested the suspected weapon a G 17 or 19 and it left a button rifle imprint as well! I thought that it shouldn't since the Glock has polygon rifling.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:10:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They tested the suspected weapon a G 17 or 19 and it left a button rifle imprint as well! I thought that it shouldn't since the Glock has polygon rifling.

I would never expect Hollyweird to get that level of technical detail correct.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:17:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They tested the suspected weapon a G 17 or 19 and it left a button rifle imprint as well! I thought that it shouldn't since the Glock has polygon rifling.

I would never expect Hollyweird to get that level of technical detail correct.

Actually on CSI they busted a guy because they found a bullet in a dead guy with polygonal rifling which narrowed down their search.

Abe
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:18:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here's a good laugh.
Rape victim is talking to detective at gun range and confiscates her Desert Eagle .50 cal "14 round clip".
It also was a flush fit

Yeah, I'm not so sure that the writers of that show are gun owners.  Still I like the show, but they have their heads up their butts regarding guns.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:28:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Dick Wolf is a major anti-gun guy and so are all the L&O series.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:29:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Wait until you see the one where they track a guy down using records from a ten year old ammo purchase.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:30:02 AM EDT
[#9]
anyone who can watch those law and order and csi shows has a far stronger stomach than I.  I can sit through about 5 minutes before I start getting annoyed by the bad acting, lousy scripts, and unbelievable junk science.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:50:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
anyone who can watch those law and order and csi shows has a far stronger stomach than I.  I can sit through about 5 minutes before I start getting annoyed by the bad acting, lousy scripts, and unbelievable junk science.

+1
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:51:30 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a buddy who is a financial crimes detective. He is routinly asked why he cannot solve a crime in less then one day like they do on CSI or L&O!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:52:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Never heard of a 14 round mag for a DE.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:53:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Here's a good laugh.
It also was a flush fit

I usually give the benefit of the doubt to the poster, but you don't realize how hard the people on these shows work to get the details right on these shows.  I watch all the cop shows to learn as much about firearms and firearms handling as I can and I consider myself an expert on the subject.

You should be ashamed of yourself deamonizing the producers.  

Good day.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:16:05 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Here's a good laugh.
It also was a flush fit

"A FIFTY CAL. WITH A 14 ROUND CLIP?  That's practically an ASSAULT WEAPON!!!"

What's wrong with owning an assault weapon "Dickhead" Wolf?

He makes a woman arming herself after being raped look like some loonie bitch.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:50:34 AM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By KC-130 FLT ENG:
Ever notice on the Law & Orders shows that if a gun is involved, they always catch the bad guy cuz the gun was registered?

We definitely need gun registration....hr

60% of gun crimes are commited with an illegally obtained fire arm. Registration dont mean shit. Besides what criminal woild ditch a registered gun. You may as well leave you wallet or a buisness card. Whats sad is the people who watch that crap think it is how it works in real life.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:53:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Here's a good laugh.
It also was a flush fit

Ha, I remember that one. My room mates are addicted to the show. I usually go anc clean my gung until it's over.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top