Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2003 8:06:44 PM EDT
Folks-

My article (actually called a "Note") in the William & Mary Law Review is at the printer now...should be in print by early June and at your local law library (or online at Lexis and Westlaw) shortly thereafter.

Full cite is: David G. Browne, Note, Treating the Pen and the Sword and Constitutional Equals: How and Why the Supreme Court Should Apply its First Amendment Expertise to the Great Second Amendment Debate, 44 Wm. & Mary L Rev. 2287 (2003).

I'll post again when its actually out and available. I think you'll like it. ;)
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:30:05 PM EDT
[#1]
yeah, we need to read this! [beer]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:29:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, congrats -- is that your second year note?  Or are you an outside submitter?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:17:45 PM EDT
[#3]
It's my student note (I'm also an editor for the volume it's in).
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:50:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup, I remember those days, writing the student note.  I take it you're a 2L?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:10:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:06:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yup, I remember those days, writing the student note.  I take it you're a 2L?
View Quote

Nope, 3L. I'm graduating this Sunday and taking the VA bar in July. I got selected for publication last year (Steve-in-VA has actually read a preliminary draft of the note). Now it's actually, finally going into print.
The new ed board just selected the notes for the next volume...was just talking to them tonight. It's a long process from selection to publication, and I'm in the last issue of the volume. It's at the printer, but they're backed up because all the reviews and journals are getting issues out at the last minute.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:17:49 AM EDT
[#7]
David-

congrats on your graduation and good luck on the bar.

Any chance of getting an advance copy?

My wife used to clerk for Marcus Williams - a judge on the 19th Judicial Circuit. (Fairfax) He happens to be black AND pro-gun - we've actually been shooting a few times. I'll see if I can get him to review it, if you'd like.

I was at his house for dinner and there were a bunch of DC Superior Court judges in attendance. He was ragging them for their combination of no guns and high murder rate in the district. It was quite funny.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:23:26 AM EDT
[#8]
NoVagator-

If you send me an email with your info, I will put you on "the list" for copies to send out once I get my individual offprints.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:55:17 PM EDT
[#9]
email sent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top