User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/14/2006 7:16:45 AM EDT
Kill'em.

Kill'em now

Mom Was Son's Booster During Gang Rape, Authorities Say

The Anaheim attack is payback by gang members mad at the victim's boyfriend, officials believe. Ten people are charged.

A mother who authorities say cheered on her son and his gangster friends as they allegedly took turns raping a 23-year-old woman is among 10 people charged with the crime.

Authorities said the rape was payback by members of an Anaheim Latino gang for something the victim's boyfriend did.

Experts say that although it's not unheard of for gang members' mothers to be involved in their activities, it would be unusual to see a woman raped in retaliation for her boyfriend's action.

"Generally speaking, rape within a Hispanic gang is reserved for punishment … but for something she personally has done, not just because they don't like her boyfriend," said Wes McBride, president of the California Gang Investigators Assn.

The alleged victim, who was not identified, had gone to a Feb. 23 party with the reputed gang members at a motel near Harbor Boulevard and Katella Avenue in Anaheim, authorities said. Early the next morning, she was lured into a room and beaten by 23-year-old Jolean Disbrow, they said.

During the next seven hours, authorities said, gang members raped, orally copulated and digitally penetrated the victim. Connie Retana, 38, is accused of encouraging her 18-year-old reputed gang member son, Martin Delgado, and his friends as they allegedly sexually assaulted the woman.

The gang members told the victim the rape was "to teach her man a lesson," prosecutors said. Before letting the woman go, they told her she would be killed if she reported the crime, said Deputy Dist. Atty. Susan Kang Schroeder. Authorities declined to say what the alleged victim's boyfriend had done or whether he was a gang member.

Women are sometimes charged alongside their male companions in rape cases involving several defendants, said Deputy Dist. Atty. Ben Masangkay, who is handling the case.

Women have also been known to join their children in gang activities, experts say. "I have seen mothers egg on kids to do violence and shoot other gang members. We've even see them drive the drive-by cars," McBride said. "If a mom is in the room and they're doing gang stuff, she's just another gangbanger. She's just a little older."

McBride, who is retired after 36 years as a gang investigator with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, said raping another gang member's girlfriend was extremely rare among Latinos because of the culture's traditional respect toward women.

Four suspects were arrested in Garden Grove driving the alleged victim's car the day after the crime was committed, authorities said.

Besides Retana, Delgado and Disbrow, those arrested were Jesse Bess, 23; Randy Calderon, 18; Keizzy Fierro, 22; Adrian Flores, 18; Raymond Jaramillo, 19; Luis Nava, 19; and Gilbert Ortiz, 15. One suspect, identified as 19-year-old Oscar Jose "Sporty" Barajas, remained at large.

Each defendant was charged with rape in concert, false imprisonment by violence, forcible oral copulation and sexual penetration by a foreign object by force.

All but Fierro were charged with dissuading a witness from reporting a crime. Fierro and two others were charged with receiving stolen property: the victim's car. Delgado was charged with stealing the car. They were each being held in lieu of $100,000 bail and will be arraigned Friday.

"Generally speaking, rape within a Hispanic gang is reserved for punishment... raping another gang member's girlfriend was extremely rare among Latinos because of the culture's traditional respect toward women."

WTF!??

Ah yes... more proud Hispanic "Family Values" and great cultural "respect" for women coming through.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:19:34 AM EDT
[#1]

Connie Herrera Retana

Martin Carlos Delgado

Photos show 11 people who have been arrested or who are wanted in a gang rape.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:21:40 AM EDT
[#2]
So lemme get this straight the entire family needs to go to jail?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:22:51 AM EDT
[#3]
are we surprised?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:23:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Bullet. Head. Next.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:24:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Ferral humans.  Need to be put down.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:24:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I cant understand some peoples thought process. How the hell can you think that is the right way to deal with something. Are these people human ??
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:25:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Connie Herrera Retana
www.ocregister.com/newsimages/local/2006/03/14rape_Retana.jpg

Martin Carlos Delgado
www.ocregister.com/newsimages/local/2006/03/14rape_Delgado.jpg

Photos show 11 people who have been arrested or who are wanted in a gang rape.
www.ocregister.com/newsimages/local/2006/03/14rape_md.jpg

Mommy and her little angel... how cute...
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:26:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Feral ones too.  Unless that was a pun on Colin Ferrel...?  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:26:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Come on people........just another day in the barrio......
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:26:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1

A retroactive abortion would be nice
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:26:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Are these people human ??

Biologically, yes.  But that's about where it ends.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:27:06 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So lemme get this straight the entire family needs to go to jail?

No, they need to be executed.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:27:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Burn the fuckers alive.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:29:48 AM EDT
[#14]
See, this just goes to show that genocide, or the killing of large groups of people is not wrong.

All criminals should be the victim of genocide!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:30:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Could I venture a guess that every one of these people are the very people Shillary Klinton wants to protect??

A position paper issued by her [Hillary Clinton] Senate office urged that citizenship be made available for illegals and argued that get-tough immigration policies were impractical.

Mrs. Clinton urged the U.S. to create "a path to earned citizenship for those who are here, working hard, paying taxes [and] respecting the law."

We should not unduly punish the overwhelming majority of immigrants who work hard, raise families, pay their taxes, and contribute to their communities.

Clearly the family/gang invovled with this rape/crime are working hard, paying taxes, respecting the law, raising families, paying their taxes, and contributing to their communities. Right??!!!

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:30:51 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Feral ones too.  Unless that was a pun on Colin Ferrel...?  

BOTH SHOULD BE BANNED FROM CIVILIAN USE!!!

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:31:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Fucking animals.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:32:25 AM EDT
[#18]
It's funny how the media is. Here it is a story about gang bangers gang raping some women with one of the gang bangers moms egging it on, and the writer of the story still tries to find something positive to say about the gang bangers culture.  :"raping another gang member's girlfriend was extremely rare among Latinos because of the culture's traditional respect toward women"

Fucking rediculous!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:32:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Is it just me or is this the most candy-ass action one could take? I mean really, 11 people (most male) to take on the girlfriend of the guy you are upset with? I would be shamed to suicide if I not only could not face my enemy but had to gang up on his girl!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:35:19 AM EDT
[#20]

So lemme get this straight the entire family needs to go to jail hell?

El Fixod
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:35:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Fucking savages
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:37:05 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I cant understand some peoples thought process. How the hell can you think that is the right way to deal with something. Are these people human ??

Even Animals don't act that way towards each other

As Martin Lloyd Jones would have put it " When man acts this way he is not an Animal but a Beast "
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:37:45 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Is it just me or is this the most candy-ass action one could take? I mean really, 11 people (most male) to take on the girlfriend of the guy you are upset with? I would be shamed to suicide if I not only could not face my enemy but had to gang up on his girl!

Naw, they just used it as an excuse to get some pie. Look at the ugly fucker, how else is he going to get any?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:37:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Yeah, apparently raping the woman is shocking because it seems to go against their culture of respecting women (according to the writer of the story).

But I guess the following is not shocking and is to be expected of their culture:

Being in gangs
Drive by shootings
Murder
Theft
Drug dealing

Great hispanic culture, they respect women, but are otherwise worthless pieces of shit.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:39:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Holy shit! This cunt is 38?

I'm 38 and this bitch looks like she could be old enough to be my mom.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:40:51 AM EDT
[#26]
this all happened right next to disneyland...

Death is too good for them.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:41:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Stories like this remind me that I need to hurry up on enrolling my wife in a CCW class. Every time I read one of these stories, I get to wondering why in the hell the rapists aren't shot where they stand.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:43:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Incidents like this really make you consider the question, "What makes us human?"

And then, if certain individuals violate those standards of humanity, they have forfeited any claim to humane consideration.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:44:17 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Great hispanic culture, they respect women, but are otherwise worthless pieces of shit.

There is no single "hispanic culture."  Puerto Ricans, Cubans, Mexicans, Central Americans and South Americans have distinctive cultures of their own, and each has a criminal subculture as well, like everyone else.  If you told a Cuban they were of the same "culture" as Puerto Ricans, he would be very offended.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:59:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:02:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:11:12 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah, apparently raping the woman is shocking because it seems to go against their culture of respecting women (according to the writer of the story).

But I guess the following is not shocking and is to be expected of their culture:

Being in gangs
Drive by shootings
Murder
Theft
Drug dealing

Great hispanic culture, they respect women, but are otherwise worthless pieces of shit

Don't be a TOOL.The people in this story are animals and deserve to die.There is no question about it.
There are animals -like them- in every race,ethnic group,genders,religions,etc.

Don't forget that the same crimes you have listed,apply to the Italian mafia,some Irish immigrant groups,etc,etc.have you read about the rival gangs from Italian and irish descent killing each other in NYC in the 1800's? Cultural thing?

Most serial killers in the US are white,and that does not mean it is a cultural trait.

Scott Peterson,who killed his wife and own baby (in uterus) was white and fairly affluent.Are you going to say it is a Bostonian cultural thing to be like that animal too,or does it apply only to groups other than the one you belong to?

BINGO..!!   We have a winner, our own Ed Sr.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#33]
I always heard that a lot of Latina moms encourage their sons to beat their wives/girlfriends from time to time to keep them in line, but isn't this going a little too far?

Yeah, it's so nice how the author of the article can sugarcoat it like that hinking.gif
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:12:12 AM EDT
[#34]
They're only raping the women that we wont?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:13:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:14:41 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Ah yes... more proud Hispanic "Family Values" and great cultural "respect" for women coming through.

I'm gonna pretend that you're only lashing out at the perps involved in this story and not slandering all hispanics with that statement.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:15:03 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I always heard that a lot of Latina moms encourage their sons to beat their wives/girlfriends from time to time to keep them in line, but isn't this going a little too far?
Yeah, it's so nice how the author of the article can sugarcoat it like that

That in itself is going to far.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:18:14 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Being in gangs
Drive by shootings
Murder
Theft
Drug dealing

Great hispanic culture, they respect women, but are otherwise worthless pieces of shit

Don't be a TOOL.The people in this story are animals and deserve to die.There is no question about it.

Don't forget that the same crimes you have listed,apply to the Italian mafia,some Irish immigrant groups,etc,etc.have you read about the rival gangs from Italian and irish descent killing each other in NYC in the 1800's? Cultural thing?

Most serial killers in the US are white,and that does not mean it is a cultural trait.

Scott Peterson,who killed his wife and own baby (in uterus) was white and fairly affluent.Are you going to say it is a Bostonian cultural thing to be like that animal too,or does it apply only to groups other than the one you belong to?

I think what raised 89Grand's - and certainly MY hackles - about this story was the disgusting way the media continues to perpetuate the "Strong Hispanic Family Values" lie - even in the face of what these pathetic and inhuman piles of shit did.

If the fact that these shitbags were Hispanic had anything to do with the surprise over the heniousness of this gangrape - then THAT is the beginning of racial sterotyping. It started with THIS STORY and the way  both the police and the media continue to LIE about how wonderful life is for women in the "Hispanic/Latino Culture" and how they're so shocked, shocked to see Hispanic gangbangers treating women like this.

Our response about this is directed at not just the shitbags who gangraped a girl - but we're also commenting on the ham-handed effort of the police and media to SOMEHOW find a way to make Hispanics seem "above" all this by including such a laughable comment on Hispanic's "traditional respect for women" in a story about a Hispanic gangrape of a woman.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:19:38 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Being in gangs
Drive by shootings
Murder
Theft
Drug dealing

I am not suprised that the voice of reason belongs to Ed.
But Ed, Peterson was from Cali, not Boston.
The man I think you're referring to is an English national named Entwistle
Just FTR.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:21:12 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm gonna pretend that you're only lashing out at the perps involved in this story and not slandering all hispanics with that statement.

I'm lashing out at the police and the media for needlessly injecting such a STUPID and irrelevant comment about Hispanics' phoney "traditional cultural respect for women" in a story about a Hispanic gangrape of an innocent woman.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:23:29 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Bullet. Head. Next.

yep.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:25:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Every now and then a story comes along that just exemplafies the depths of depravity that human beings can reach.

There is literally no punishment awful enough for these people.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:27:24 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

well in all fairness dude these guys might be Americans like us.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:28:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Time to feed the hogs.

Boondock saints anyone?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:39:03 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They might be Americans - but they are NOTHING "like us".

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Definitely. Gangs appeal to kids who are not getting what they need from home: a feeling of unity and belonging. The fact that this woman encouraged her son to do this is a prime example.
Without a stable loving home, kids seek out acceptance in gangs.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:10:54 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"They're only .........................that we wont?" is what we say about illegals courtesy of senior gonzalez and normally I'd be all over this shit as well. But the fact is that article was so fucking PC that it didn't say if they were illegals, hence my Americans like us comment.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:13:34 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
So lemme get this straight the entire family needs to go to jail be shot?

Yes.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:19:38 AM EDT
[#49]

digitally penetrated the victim

How many pixels are required for a digital penetration
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:20:08 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

A man (and I use the term loosely) beating his wife is unacceptable. Rape is beyond unacceptable, imo.

It pisses me off that I have to share the planet with mutants like that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top