Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2004 3:20:13 AM EDT
(as one of my professors put it as I tried not to laugh)
www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/481903.html

Israeli security sources confirmed on Sunday that Israel was involved in a car bombing in the Syrian capital of Damascus that killed a senior Hamas official.
"Some people lead dangerous lives," an Israeli official said in response to the assassination of Izz El-Deen Al-Sheikh Khalil.

To quote a great man (or great speechwriter:
"We will bring you to justice or we will bring justice to you.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:22:43 AM EDT
[#1]
*shrug* oh well. I would have sympathized just a bit bout six months ago. but not anymore. they're scum. good work, israel.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:53:54 AM EDT
[#2]
The Israelis did warn them the gloves were off and they would hit them anywere in the world… stupid arabs, give it up, you'll never beat Israel.

BTW… tell your Professor for me he's a bigoted pro arab prick.

Andy
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:56:26 AM EDT
[#3]
What sort of anti-nausea medication do you take before entering that class?

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:57:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

good form. lets just hope none of that mandatory islam education crap touches the US.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:05:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

good form. lets just hope none of that mandatory islam education crap touches the US.

Typical scene:

"Now, class, what does two plus two equal?"

"Two plus two equals...Death to America! [cheers]"

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:07:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The Israelis did warn them the gloves were off and they would hit them anywere in the world… stupid arabs, give it up, you'll never beat Israel.

Andy

+1
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:07:38 AM EDT
[#7]
you guys have NO idea who my professors are.

GET THIS:
1. Fmr. Pakistani ambasssador to Saudi for 30+ years, Forign minister once, deputy chief of foriegn ministry twice.  Hes outlived five prime ministers, lets leave it at that (hmm hmm al quade connections in secret police).  But this guy is a PROFESSIONAL diplomat and me (religious jew) and him are VERY cordial and he's teaching me ALOT.  Our opinions simply differ.

2. Born in the slums of cairo, moved to the slums of damascus, he's an expert on middle east security.  COMPLETE ASS.  Dropped him immediately.  

3. Chief Professor of Political Science at University of Tehran (no cheerleading squad there), on loan for a year to us.  Very nice guy as well, not sure if he's one of the good guys there or bad (cause the dissent now is coming from the schools), but alos, VERY VERY nice and a reall font of knowledge if you take everything he says with a grain of salt.

4.  Pure bred american fordham law graduate, worked as FBI liason to CIA before they couldn't talk to each other, then he worked for DIA and now with DHS reorganization he's doing USCG maritime intel out of staten island.  He teaches my security class and this guy is only 30 years old.  HE is a GENIUS and a GREAT guy.  Me and him talk for hours 'bout weapons systems, careers in the DHS - he rules.  You know someones high level when they run a background check on you before the class.  If you signed up for this class you got a little interview and had to give SSN, brief history, signature form etc.

HE makes up for the others.  But they are all (with exception of little egyptian) great teachers.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:09:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Ya gotta love it.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:24:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Sound like the profs at USF in Tampa.  Oh, that's right... "ex-profs".  They're indicting those bastards right and left.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:26:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Andy

+2
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:30:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:05:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:10:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Andy

+2

+3

I wanna do like Palestine and just go throw up a flag and claim some land as as my own and say that it's a real country that never really existed

We (the USof A) need to take some lessons from Israel on dealing with terrorism. Identify terrorists and then hunt them down and kill all of them in each of the deepest, darkest holes where they hide.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:21:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:34:19 AM EDT
[#15]

I'm not impressed.

By what?  
my typing, my teachers, my descriptions?

MY typing sucks, I though my descriptions were OK, and my teachers happen to be pretty great teachers....
For a school of diplomacy and internationa relations to have these guys in their line-up happens to be pretty impressive.  My teachers, as opposed to G-town or Columbia are active in their fields, and not just acedemics who talk about it.  Thats why I chose this school.

please elaborate.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:04:28 AM EDT
[#16]
I support Israel and its special relationship with the US.

But lets not forget they were the terrorists in 1948.

They set an example that the arabs follow today, but, then they were our terrorists. Somewhat similar to the Taliban who were our freedom fighters when the Russians were there.

I always laugh when I read those threads that discuss good and evil and how black and white they are and easy to spot.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:10:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:10:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:37:30 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
(as one of my professors put it as I tried not to laugh)
www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/481903.html

Israeli security sources confirmed on Sunday that Israel was involved in a car bombing in the Syrian capital of Damascus that killed a senior Hamas official.
"Some people lead dangerous lives," an Israeli official said in response to the assassination of Izz El-Deen Al-Sheikh Khalil.

To quote a great man (or great speechwriter:

Man, the thread title scared the hell out of me, when I saw your name as author.  Almost had a heart attack
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:40:31 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Well, let's see. "Terrorist" who establish a western-style liberal (small L) democracy, or terrorists who seek to establish a global fundamentalist islamic theocracy.

I'll take the former.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:56:30 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

They set an example that the arabs follow today, but, then they were our terrorists. Somewhat similar to the Taliban who were our freedom fighters when the Russians were there.

I always laugh when I read those threads that discuss good and evil and how black and white they are and easy to spot.

Big difference is that they attacked military targets.  They did not go around blowing up busses full of children or walking into crowded markets and blowing themselves up.

Huge difference between guerilla fighters and terrorists.  Our forefathers were guerilla fighters, not terrorists as some on this board have suggested in the past.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:07:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Amen Larry!  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:15:59 AM EDT
[#23]
LArry said it well, jimb100.

Israeli "terrorists" never targetted and RARELY injured or killed civilians.

The ignoramus who's about to brign up the king david should check his facts as to what that particular wing of the king david was (military HQ) and that there were multiple warnings given in the hours ahead to the brits.

Its such a great trap for the anti-Israelites to bring up Israeli "terrorists"  Hell, even in teh most EXTREME case of Israeli "terrorists", I mean if we say that Irgu or Lechi or the Stern Gang were terrorists - Ben Gurion first halted their supply, then incorporated them in the haganah.  WE TOOK CARE OF OUR EXTREMISTS.  WE DID SOMETHIUNG VERY VERY PAINFUL BUT THAT HAD TO BE DONE - e.g. killing jews who were bringing arms to the Irgun and Stern Gang.  

I love how they leave that part out!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:31:19 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

In addition to the comments made by Larryg the Israeli "terrorists" have built a nation from the ground up that has made significant contributions to the world in every area of science and medicine.  The Palestinian "terrorists" have done nothing to advance civilization and instead have concentrated their efforts for 60 years killing woman and children.  The Palestinians will never achieve want they want through their cowardly acts.  They will and should be killed anywhere in the world when the opportunity to do so presents itself.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:37:50 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I'm not impressed.

By what?  
my typing, my teachers, my descriptions?

MY typing sucks, I though my descriptions were OK, and my teachers happen to be pretty great teachers....
For a school of diplomacy and internationa relations to have these guys in their line-up happens to be pretty impressive.  My teachers, as opposed to G-town or Columbia are active in their fields, and not just acedemics who talk about it.  Thats why I chose this school.

please elaborate.

How do you like Thomas Barnett?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:38:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:50:45 AM EDT
[#27]

I don't think it will polish out…

Andy
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:22:55 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
you guys have NO idea who my professors are.

GET THIS:
1. Fmr. Pakistani ambasssador to Saudi for 30+ years, Forign minister once, deputy chief of foriegn ministry twice.  Hes outlived five prime ministers, lets leave it at that (hmm hmm al quade connections in secret police).  But this guy is a PROFESSIONAL diplomat and me (religious jew) and him are VERY cordial and he's teaching me ALOT.  Our opinions simply differ.

2. Born in the slums of cairo, moved to the slums of damascus, he's an expert on middle east security.  COMPLETE ASS.  Dropped him immediately.  

3. Chief Professor of Political Science at University of Tehran (no cheerleading squad there), on loan for a year to us.  Very nice guy as well, not sure if he's one of the good guys there or bad (cause the dissent now is coming from the schools), but alos, VERY VERY nice and a reall font of knowledge if you take everything he says with a grain of salt.

4.  Pure bred american fordham law graduate, worked as FBI liason to CIA before they couldn't talk to each other, then he worked for DIA and now with DHS reorganization he's doing USCG maritime intel out of staten island.  He teaches my security class and this guy is only 30 years old.  HE is a GENIUS and a GREAT guy.  Me and him talk for hours 'bout weapons systems, careers in the DHS - he rules.  You know someones high level when they run a background check on you before the class.  If you signed up for this class you got a little interview and had to give SSN, brief history, signature form etc.

HE makes up for the others.  But they are all (with exception of little egyptian) great teachers.

What/where are you studying?

I would have loved to have had that kind of subject material instead of business/cumputer stuff...
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:30:32 AM EDT
[#29]
f!?K THE TERRORIST CAMEL JOCKEYS SCORE ONE MORE FOR ISRAEL.  A people surrounded by another culture of people who don't think they have the right to exist are not allowed to defend themselves?  Tell your professer if he is so Pro-Arab take a vacation in Iraq
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:47:31 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Andy

+2

+3

I wanna do like Palestine and just go throw up a flag and claim some land as as my own and say that it's a real country that never really existed

Just wait until the Mexicans do this to the SW USA.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:03:40 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Andy

+2

+3

Just wait until the Mexicans do this to the SW USA.

+1

It's already happening.

Get ready for Aztlan or Republica del Norte; la Raza is coming.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:21:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:26:25 AM EDT
[#33]
I proudly go to Seton Hall's Whitehead School of Diplomacy and International Relations.
A) I chose the school for the teachers - all active in their fields and all know their sh*t
B) I chose the school b/c the teachers mostly are of the other side in terms of ANYTHING and I found in undergraduate studies that I learn more from those who think differntly than myself.
C) I chose the school cause it's gonna be one of top schools soon (it's only four year old)
D) The dean of admissions is ridiculously hot, as are 75% of the women in my classes and 90% on campus.
E) Most of the students are non-east coast, and once again, diversity helps in terms of learning this trade.
F) Lots of international students, two HOTTIES from bosnia and SHVEEEEEDEN - once again A+ in the women area.
G) Cheap living, close to synogogue and kosher food (#1 priority for me).
H) I can take jobs/internships anywhere from PA to NYC

Why not to go?
1 - what the hell is up with the 15 round per mag bullsh*t?
2 - if you want a school that's "hot" right now, go to MSFS or SIPA
3 - if you hate good-looking women
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:28:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#35]
what is the "real world"

Once you venture out into the real world, you might end up agreeing with me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:52:51 PM EDT
[#36]
TARGETED:  Hamas operative Izz el-Deen al-Sheikh Khalil was killed Sunday in Damascus, Syria, when a bomb exploded in his SUV.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Cell phone bomb?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top