Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2002 11:35:04 AM EDT
Just to let you see how well Arafat controls the West Bank, the suicide bomber today in Jerusalem was released last week from PA custody!

[size=4]Three dead, at least 60 wounded in Jerusalem bombing[/size=4]
By The Jerusalem Post Internet Staff

A third victim of today's downtown Jerusalem attack died of his wounds a short time ago, several hours after a suicide bomber blew himself up on King George Avenue. At least 60 were wounded, one critically and two seriously.

The bomber carried out the attack near the intersection of King George Avenue and Hahistrdrut Street, adjacent to a pharmacy and a felafel store.

The streets downtown were opened to traffic around 6 p.m.

The Palestinian-Israeli security meeting originally scheduled for this evening was canceled, Israel Radio reported. The Palestinian Authority issued a statement condemning the attack and promised to arrest those who played a role. Fatah's Aksa Martyrs Brigade has taken responsibility.

One witness to the bombing, identified only as Israel, said the terrorist looked suspicious but he did not have sufficient time to take action. "I was very close to him," said Israel. "I saw him walking, looking here and there, and I saw he looked suspicious. I wanted to call someone, but I didn't have time. Then he blew up. I saw arms and legs flying all over the place."

There was immense damage to stores and vehicles in the area. "I saw a huge bloom of white smoke rising over the rooftops of dowmtown Jerusalem," said David Harris, bureau chief of The Media Line News Agency, whose offices overlook the downtown area. "There was bedlam as police and haredi Jews ran towards the scene of the blast as all others fled in the opposite direction."

Harris said shopkeepers quickly locked up their stores in the wake of the explosion.

The Martyrs Brigades said Mohammed Hashaieka, from the northern West Bank village of Taluza, near Nablus, perpetrated the bombing.

[b]The terrorist was known to Israeli and Palestinian security services, Channel Two reported. [u]The PA had recently arrested him and then asked Israeli permission to move him to a Ramallah jail. But instead of locking him up again, the PA let him go - and he went to downtown Jerusalem[/u].[/b]

Earlier today, PA West Bank security chief Jibril Rajoub said the PA would never close down the various Palestinian forces nor arrest wanted terrorists.

The wounded were taken to Bikur Holim Hospital, Hadassah University Hospital-Ein Kerem, and Hadassah University Hospital-Mt. Scopus.

See article at:[url]http://www.jpost.com/Editions/2002/03/21/News/News.45658.html[/url]

How long O Lord, How long?

Eric The(UntilTheNumberBeFinished)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Of course I'm being facetious, Arafat controls the West Bank as much as he wants to control the West Bank - any suicide bombers from Al Aksa Brigades are members of [b]his[/b] Al Fatah Organization!

Bastard!

Maybe George W. will 'give up' on him.

Eric The('Again')Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 11:59:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe Sharon and Arafat should duke it out in celebrity boxing.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 12:02:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Of course I'm being facetious, Arafat controls the West Bank as much as he wants to control the West Bank - any suicide bombers from Al Aksa Brigades are members of [b]his[/b] Al Fatah Organization!

Bastard!

Maybe George W. will 'give up' on him.

Eric The('Again')Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Bush cant see the forest through the trees. He is trying to sell the palistinian state in exchange for attacking Iraq. This proves that, at the very least, the Arab States have no real influence in Palistine or are outright lying about their motives.  And they are never going to publicly support a attack on Iraq. We will be lucky to get support of Turkey and Kuwait. But on the other hand that is all we need. Bush needs to stop the chirade.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top