Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2001 9:27:11 PM EDT
Sitting at my computer desk with my Bushy and 10 Thermolds.  I'm filling em to stuff my Blackhawk vest with.Checking the war closet and safe and getting everything in order,Scope, Reflex, Backup sight, making a shopping list.Finding out that the last couple of range days I expended way too much .223.a lot more than I thought.I only have roughly 350 rounds!I got the same in 9MM, and only 150 of .45. I'm so ashamed, I've fallen below the quota! So I guess I'll be ordering more tomorrow sometime. I swear man, I wish this crap didnt happen. Everywhere you go everybodys tuned in. Waiting I think is the better word for it.Panic buying is rampant on survival gear.Local gunshops have almost nothing left for ammo, and whatever is , it aint too cheap!Everyones waiting on deliveries of more. My anti friends are now pro friends(like we all didnt expect that!)and they all want to stay close to me now!"Dude, I'm hangin near you if the SHTF." Man, I got just barely enough for myself and mine let alone everybody else! Works been slow,and most likely a recession is coming, and I still need $300 more worth of ammo alone. My kids ate half my MRE's from Y2K, LOL, its just getting better and better. I try to be somewhat prepped for emergencies, you know,I'm no true survivalist but today I've realized that I'm completely in the dust here.Behind the 8 ball so to speak. I got a lot to do over the next few days.Thats for sure. This damn list , I even forgot to pick up SPAM the other night shopping.OK, dead batteries in the bug out bag  too. Add them to the list as well. Just hard to keep focused anymore.Life is like a bad dream anymore.After Y2K I didnt think I'd even need to use this stuff.When this happened all I could think about was my cousin, and now he's home ,alive and doing good, I get back to the tasks at hand and really feel like I dropped the ball.Anybody else have that feeling of scrambling about as well? I live in central NJ, so there is a lot of fear in the air around here about what happened in NY and whats next.We were close, some close enough to see it. I have no answers, but I'll be prepped one way or another, nonetheless.Oh well, keep safe everyone. God bless you and yours and The USA!Keep your chin up!Time to break out the emergency credit card......
Synweap223 Out!
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 9:28:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't sleep, clowns will eat me. . .
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Still up here. Gotta  get up in an hour and a half. Never enough ammo.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:28:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 11:36:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Wasn't there a thread a few months ago where people were chastized and made fun of for preparing for TSHTF?

Who is laughing now?
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 11:40:42 PM EDT
[#5]
The clowns.... the clowns are laughing..... I can hear 'em...... I hear dead people.....
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 12:25:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Can't sleep, clowns will eat me. . .
View Quote

[:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 12:32:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh I wish there were such a thing as [b]ENOUGH[/b] ammo [uzi]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:37:54 AM EDT
[#8]
All I know is I need more guns, more ammo, and a dehydrator to make jerky [:D]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:46:27 AM EDT
[#9]
you can make jerky on the dashboard of your car. park it facing into the sun.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:17:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Still up here. Gotta  get up in an hour and a half. Never enough ammo.
View Quote

What are you crazy? You can never have enough ammo :)
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:15:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Synweap223, Come down to South Jersey. I have 10,000 rounds of .223 plus thousands more of other calibers. That's the benifit of picking up range brass and reloading.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:17:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Well my wife says she has not had much time to spend with me since the event. She says im always in the garage reloading. She doesnt understand that you cant have to much ammo. Oh well she will get over it and i will have more ammo. Keep the reloaders a movin.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 10:22:50 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a national Guard Armoire and ammo supply about 15 miles north of me so you know where I'll be going. I still have about 750rds of 12ga 500rds 40S&W 300rds 9mm 1000rds 308 win but no gun for it and 950rds of 223 but also no gun for it.

Wife will not let me take out money to buy the rifle. See I had ordered a STG58 they told me it would be three weeks until it came in now 4 weeks later they tell me it's going to be another 3 weeks until I get it. So I told them to canalled my order they told me it would be 2 weeks until I get the check for the order. Now the wife will not let me take out money so I can order the rifle. She said I have to use the money that is being sent to me.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#14]
You prepare for fire, everyone says good, you prepare for bad weather everyone says good, you insure your house everyone says thats smart.  You plan against getting robbed or attacked and everyone looks at you as a fool or radical.[:D]  I target shoot three times a week and I am far from being short on my supply.  I am glad I am not the only one like this...... [whacko]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 1:07:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Wasn't there a thread a few months ago where people were chastized and made fun of for preparing for TSHTF?

Who is laughing now?
View Quote

I posted a topic 3 days before the attacks asking who was ready for a SHTF scenario.  Here's what was said:  [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=50125&page=1[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top