Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2005 8:59:17 AM EDT
Well Im out of here in just over 7 hours.

Got to find out new schedule and stuff Friday, atleast I got 4 days off.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:00:21 AM EDT
[#1]
What will you be doing now?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:00:58 AM EDT
[#2]
dude, I so wish that I was in your shoes.  I don't have the guts or alternatives to quit right now
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:01:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Congrats,, best part of a job is the day you quit.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:01:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:02:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
dude, I so wish that I was in your shoes.  I don't have the guts or alternatives to quit right now

This just came up, normally nowhere wants to hire a piece of shit like me.

Working for another cable company, better pay though, might finally get to the $10 an hour mark.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:10:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I find it difficult living on $27.50 an hour. I don't know how I'd make it on less than 10.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:12:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I find it difficult living on $27.50 an hour. I don't know how I'd make it on less than 10.

I been making it on $8.50, $10 would mean Id have some money to get stuff
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Working for another cable company, better pay though, might finally get to the $10 an hour mark.

you should try to work for your self, I have always been self employed and retired @ 40 after I divorced that god awful female I was married to. don't give up
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you should try to work for your self, I have always been self employed and retired @ 40 after I divorced that god awful female I was married to. don't give up

I dont know what to do and every idea I look at it in the way that people are like me and wouldnt pay money for that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:19:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont know the cost of lving in your area or the work available but surely you can find something better. Ive been around you and read your posts and I know your a smart man. You wont find good work though if you have a low self esteem and it shows. You need to get your shit together and start living healthy. No one can do it for you.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:19:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Congrats on the new job.  More $$$ is always a winner.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:21:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Congrats.  

When I last switched jobs, I worked up until 11pm on Sunday at my "old" job and then started at 9am the next day at my "new" job.  Not a lot of downtime at all.    Enjoy your well-deserved break!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:21:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:23:08 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont know the cost of lving in your area or the work available but surely you can find something better. Ive been around you and read your posts and I know your a smart man. You wont find good work though if you have a low self esteem and it shows. You need to get your shit together and start living healthy. No one can do it for you.

$8.50 isnt bad money here, know someone who was welding and only getting $8 an hour, contraction pay is similar.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:26:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
$10 an hour?  Really?

I used to make semidecent money once, since 2002 have seen income steadly drop for me.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:27:42 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
$10 an hour?  Really?

I used to make semidecent money once, since 2002 have seen income steadly drop for me.

Try working for the state!  Then you'll know what "getting screwed" monetarily is.  The sole carrot that they dangle in front of your face is the benefits.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:30:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
$10 an hour?  Really?

Try working for the state!  Then you'll know what "getting screwed" monetarily is.  The sole carrot that they dangle in front of your face is the benefits.

I dont use the benefits here, last job that had them I never used either,

Only thing here is vacation time and sick time they try not to let you use.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:48:13 AM EDT
[#18]

I dont know what to do and every idea I look at it in the way that people are like me and wouldnt pay money for that.

You work for a cable company.  I am sure some folks wouldn't mind extra channels for a cash donation.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:49:44 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You work for a cable company.  I am sure some folks wouldn't mind extra channels for a cash donation.  

I dont install it, its harder to get all the stuff for free with the digital boxes now.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#20]
INvest in yourself and others will invest as well.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:31:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Im trying to empty the change machine, but it wont take these new 20s
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude , nearly everyone's a PIECE OF SHIT , but most people pretend they are not and try despretley (sp?) to hide it as best they can . I dont know you , but from posts you sound Naturaly Smart  and hard on yourself because you know ( AND RELIZE THEM ) all your flaws . Some people are able to hide their issuse's in some deluded self deception (EGO/ PRIDE) . And they just "Go With It" . For lots of people it works fine for the book learned smart people (as opposed to Natural Smart) with paper in hand they can make a TON of  $$$ , so they can buy another new car next year (Pride / Ego) . They believe that enough other self deluds will admire them and boost his (P/E) Even higher . And  since they are admired , by lots of other of Self Deludes , he admires himself even more . It's the whole "keeping up w/ the Jones" in a nutshell . It's what powers the economic system of the US (thank God) . But leaves people who see clean thru it in a quandery because on one hand you are overwelmed by BUY BUY BUY (Normal normal normal) ads in all media even behind Home Plate now ! So interacting w/ society (which most folks must do) "they" are going to tell you you are way off the mark . This can cause never endding tapes in your head saying one thing to you (the truth) then the opposite , convenicing yourself you are a piece of shit , hence disalutions .  I would bet that this site has a higher proportion than normal of people who see thru the shit and just dont play .

Just my opinion , I could be wrong  RL
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:00:44 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

only you  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:05:04 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

only you  

Im gonna find a way, it will not win,, damn bank gives me $600 in new 20s
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:23:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Do you LIKE your current employer?  If not, you could always leave a milk-chicken bomb.  Intrigued?  Let me know...
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Do you LIKE your current employer?  If not, you could always leave a milk-chicken bomb.  Intrigued?  Let me know...

If he isnt, I am.  Sounds interesting, please elaborate.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:25:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Ahhhh, the milk-chicken bomb.  I've never actually tried it, so I don't know if it works, but here's what I've read:
You take some raw chicken, legs, breasts, thighs, whatever and you stick them in a mayonaise jar.  Then you fill the jar up with milk.  Screw the lid on as tight as possible, so that you get a good seal.  Then you hide the whole concoction in a nice, hard-to-get-to spot like an air conditioning/heating vent or behind a very heavy book case.  Over time, the chicken decays in the milk and gases begin to form.  THEORETICALLY, the pressure inside the jar will become so great such that the glass will crack or break, spilling the contents and exposing the horrible mess to the atmosphere.  Everyone gets sick, hilarity ensues, and congratulations, you've just left your very own Milk-Chicken Bomb!

Kind of like a less-lethal IED.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:29:33 PM EDT
[#28]
The mining companies here in Nevada are having a hard time finding enough people.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:34:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Ahhhh, the milk-chicken bomb.  I've never actually tried it, so I don't know if it works, but here's what I've read:
You take some raw chicken, legs, breasts, thighs, whatever and you stick them in a mayonaise jar.  Then you fill the jar up with milk.  Screw the lid on as tight as possible, so that you get a good seal.  Then you hide the whole concoction in a nice, hard-to-get-to spot like an air conditioning/heating vent or behind a very heavy book case.  Over time, the chicken decays in the milk and gases begin to form.  THEORETICALLY, the pressure inside the jar will become so great such that the glass will crack or break, spilling the contents and exposing the horrible mess to the atmosphere.  Everyone gets sick, hilarity ensues, and congratulations, you've just left your very own Milk-Chicken Bomb!

Kind of like a less-lethal IED.

Sounds like a job for OP

Jar O' Truth anyone?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:50:06 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
INvest in yourself and others will invest as well.  Patty

Good advice

Get some college. But dont major in basket weaving or sociology or any useless degrees, get one in business, law, manufacturing, engineering or whatever you think you can actually use to get you the job you want.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:55:22 PM EDT
[#31]
... Good luck in you new adventures Taxman!

... May the best part of you life be directly in front of you - Grab life by the balls and never let go brutha! You have nowhere to go but up my man!
(Consider beginning steering your life instead of being steered)
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:30:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
The mining companies here in Nevada are having a hard time finding enough people.

Where in NV?  What kind of work/money?

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:35:40 PM EDT
[#33]
I put in my two week notice today.  Informed my boss that I was going back to college (full ride scholarship from the Familial Society of Mauser's Mommy & Daddy).

I was suprised how he handled it.  I've been there four years now and he's always been big on self betterment and what not.  The guy actually got choked up and said he was proud of me.    Even mentioned that when I came back (if I did) he might be calling me Mr. Mauser.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:35:47 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Thanks a good gig for a younger guy . It's hard work but most people are into or at lest indiferant to firearms . The miners in Wyoming get to hunt and fish some of the best land there is . Because "someones" brother / uncle / whatever either owns it or can get you on it legaly . Plus all the health care , Bonuses  ,401 , and pretty good $$$

But you get some gooballs , and there arent usually alot lot of elligable ladies .

BTW that chicken bomb sounds pretty good you tighten that lid and when she goes nobody knows
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:27:10 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

hock.gif hock.gif hock.gif wow I finally make $15/hr after 5yr in my hell hole from starting out a $8 and I still
cant afford to buy a home. what do you do? is donald trump you boss?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:03:26 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I put in my two week notice today.  Informed my boss that I was going back to college (full ride scholarship from the Familial Society of Mauser's Mommy & Daddy).

I was suprised how he handled it.  I've been there four years now and he's always been big on self betterment and what not.  The guy actually got choked up and said he was proud of me.    Even mentioned that when I came back (if I did) he might be calling me Mr. Mauser.

Golly.  I just got an email from my HR Dept Head complimenting me on such a professional letter of resignation.

I guess I can recommend to you all I-Resign.com.  I just filled out the form letter with my info for the leaving for college letter and made a few personal changes to it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

wow I finally make $15/hr after 5yr in my hell hole from starting out a $8 and I still
cant afford to buy a home. what do you do? is donald trump you boss?

Nope, Industrial and Mill Supply salesman. I sell maintenance and repair products to industry. Believe me in NJ that's not so great. This is one hell of an expensive state to live in.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:30:22 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where in NV?  What kind of work/money?

This was a news report I heard on the radio a couple of days ago. I can't find anything on the news website or job listing though. I think Newmont Mining was one of the companies mentioned. They are trying to recruit and also get retired miners to come back. They invest a lot of money in training so once you're in the biz you are valuable. Sorry I don't have more than that.

ETA, checked Newmont's website and they don't have much going on. KKOH was the station I heard the report on.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Start a fort building company!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Taxman
You could write a book on depression

j/k Best of luck to you. You deserve some good luck
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:16:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Hey, I just really hope you aren't working for that company that starts with a "K"...  I started there as a temp, was making $10/hr.  Got promoted ASAP to sales.  They hold your commissions for the 90 days you are a temp, then pay up when you go regular hire.  

A week before I was supposed to go regular and get my $1500 or so in commission and my bennies, they let me go.  Did the same to the other temp in the dept.  And as a temp, I had NO recourse whatsever...

Uffff, those fokkers make you RAISE YOUR $@#*! HAND to get permission to use the restroom!  

NO THANKS!

Anyway, I hope you are happy there and that you make mad cash!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top