Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/17/2010 9:00:26 AM EDT

So here I am, just landed in George Bush Intercon Airport in Houston TX.  I get off my flight from Denver that just landed and I make my way to the baggage claim.  I'm kinda mulling around the backside there knowing it's going to take a few minutes so I'm fiddling with my phone and stuff.

Then, out of the corner of my right eye, some guy in a carhart looking coat walking around behind me in the kind of crowed baggage claim, I look to my left behind me as he passes and there he is, Marcus Luttrell!

Like many of yall reading- I have huge amounts of respect for anyone in the service either currently serving or vets but I'm a huge admirer of Marcus.  I've read his book, which is a great tribute to the team he served with, frequent watcher of Glenn Beck so I've seen his interviews.  The guy just captures me, and I was so excited to see him.

Anyhow-

When he walked by me I said "Hey, Marcus" -yup it's him, he says "Hello." back and grabs his bag and puts it down and I shook his hand.  We chatted a for just a minute because just so happens I know one of his family members through work and had just spoken to her a few days prior.  We finished up, didn't talk a whole lot I guess but I shook his hand again, told him he was a good man and he carried on.

It's made my whole week so far- he has, even before I shook hands with him the number one person I'd like to meet and shake hands with and it just happened last Monday night all at once without any kind of arrangement at an airport luggage claim.

What a good guy,

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool.

Next time buy him a cold one.

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 9:04:38 AM EDT
[#2]
That's awesome!!

I'd love to meet that man as well.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 9:06:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome,

I'd have done the same.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 9:07:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I envy you OP. What a patriot!

I probably shouldn't spend the money, but I have to go get that book and read it before the spring semester.

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 9:10:42 AM EDT
[#5]

what a kewl Christmas present.

Thanks OP.

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 9:18:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Man I am so jealous! I just finished reading Loan Survivor. I know the term "great American" gets tossed around so much but in this case it really dose apply.

Marcus, If you ever read this please know that you have the most sincere "THANK YOU" that I am capable of giving.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 9:20:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I would love to shake his hand.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 9:25:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Nice sterinn - certainly an honor to meet a guy like that.

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 9:35:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 9:42:55 AM EDT
[#10]
wow, pretty amazing.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 9:45:38 AM EDT
[#11]
fucking awesome
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Sweet!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 9:50:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Anyone know what he is doing now? Is he still a SEAL? Wonder how he is coping? In his book he said he couldn't sleep for shit. Looks like he's lost weight, to me at least. Looks thin in his neck.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 9:51:49 AM EDT
[#14]
I met him at a minor league hockey game in Frisco last year, one of the most humble people I have ever met. He is an American Hero no doubt.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 9:52:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Win.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Yep, that's him.  Yep, I'm jealous.  I have a slight man crush on him.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 9:58:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I probably shouldn't spend the money, but I have to go get that book and read it before the spring semester.

If you're short on funds, I'll loan you my copy.

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 10:00:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yep, that's him.  Yep, I'm jealous.  I have a slight man crush on him.

Any man that doesn't have a slight man-crush on Marcus...isn't a real man.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 10:04:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Badass!
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 10:07:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Good story OP, he's a hell of a man. The courage it takes to continue as he did,...I don't think I have it.
American Hero.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Anyone know what he is doing now? Is he still a SEAL? Wonder how he is coping? In his book he said he couldn't sleep for shit. Looks like he's lost weight, to me at least. Looks thin in his neck.

I think he is out of the SEALs and has a civilian life noe. He has a hunting show on the Outdoor's Channel, which is pretty good. It's called 'Raw and Wild' or something.

He is a true Hero and I would love to sit back and have a beer (or 12) with that man!

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 10:56:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 11:00:04 AM EDT
[#24]
That is a cool story OP what an honor to shake his hand!

+1
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 11:00:39 AM EDT
[#25]
When I met him at the NRA convention I jumped over the table and put him in a choke hold.

I woke up 3 days later with soiled pants and my eyes swollen shut.

Okay not really, he was hell of a nice guy and very personable. Cool that you recognized him. We owe him and his friends a great debt.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That's awesome!!

I'd love to meet that man as well.

This, and I'd offer my assistance in helping him make the fucksticks who killed his dog, get a vist from Karma!
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 11:22:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're short on funds, I'll loan you my copy.

I was going to say the same thing. Only problem is I can't find it. I'll keep looking.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#28]
I have a question for you all after reading his book. What became of the rifle that miraculously stayed with him through his ordeal? Do you think they let him keep it?

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 12:49:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have a question for you all after reading his book. What became of the rifle that miraculously stayed with him through his ordeal? Do you think they let him keep it?

You're joking, right?
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 12:50:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Have you tried the Library?

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 12:51:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Do you mean his issued weapon?>

Noone "keeps" those, they are .gov property.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 1:09:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I know but don't you think they would make an exception in this case?
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 1:13:58 PM EDT
[#33]
I'd love  to meet him .

And shoot  the fucks that shot his dog.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 1:13:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

nope

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#35]
everyone save that picture and show your family during holiday Footbal games

HEY, everybody see this guy on the left

THATS A HERO not those pinheads chasing that ball

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 1:33:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What should I tell them about the guy on the right
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 1:35:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What should I tell them about the guy on the right

I don't know the guy on the right but I'd say he's a bad m'f'er too
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 1:40:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Thats a pretty cool chance encounter..
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 1:41:53 PM EDT
[#39]
That is just too cool! His book and motivational speeches are phenomenal. A Patriot in every sense of the word. God Bless him and thank you for sharing.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#40]
As much as I'd like to meet people like him, I feel really uncomfortable bothering them.  They get it everywhere, I'm sure.  Nice to see he's really cool about stuff like that.

What a story.  That's a tough dude.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 1:53:39 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are no exceptions to 'giving' away .gov property, especially weapons.

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 2:05:13 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

As much as I'd like to meet people like him, I feel really uncomfortable bothering them.  They get it everywhere, I'm sure.  Nice to see he's really cool about stuff like that.

What a story.  That's a tough dude.
Same here, I'd probably just nod and smile.  He's certainly got friends here in La. he's not aware of who would give the man the shirt of their backs.  We are grateful to America's heroes.

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 2:16:22 PM EDT
[#43]
He's a true American hero.  One way to thank him is to buy his book and read it, it's worth it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 2:19:09 PM EDT
[#44]
A man worthy of respect and admiration.

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 2:20:22 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm hoping he'll be at the Show Show this year.  I think I'll pick up an extra copy of his book, just in case, maybe I can get it signed.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The man received a phone call from Bush 41 who called and ask if he could do anything for him. Bush 41 gave him his personal phone number incase he needed anything. He spent time with Bush 43 and a number of admirals and all sorts of brass. So yea I think they could have made an exception for him this one time.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 2:49:52 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The man received a phone call from Bush 41 who called and ask if he could do anything for him. Bush 41 gave him his personal phone number incase he needed anything. He spent time with Bush 43 and a number of admirals and all sorts of brass. So yea I think they could have made an exception for him this one time.

Those things are all well and good, but it doesn't change the fact that is simply doesn't happen.

Think about the ramifications if the military started giving away class III weapons to troops.  

Just think about the can of worms that would open up.  Just think about it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Someone should buy him a new dog.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 2:57:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Marcus Latrell > Chuck Norris
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 2:59:35 PM EDT
[#50]
awsome !
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top