Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2001 10:37:16 AM EDT
One of the last Americans out of Afghanistan...West Point grad...involved in clearing mines..had access to much of the country has an urgent letter...
[url]http://www.sftt.org/afgan001.html[/url]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 11:16:45 AM EDT
[#1]

Good read.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#2]
The author of this letter warns us to expect videos of American soldiers being decapitated by knife at the hands of their Afghan captors.  If that dire prediction comes true, America's resolve to continue the war against terrorists will be tested like never before.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 11:45:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for posting that. It was really interesting!

Smalls

LCpl of Marines
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank You.
Excellent letter.
I did a little research to make sure that Mr. Kidd is what he said he is and can report that there are plenty of references that support his resume, USMA Class of 1986, etc.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 12:25:58 PM EDT
[#5]
That was a good read.  Appreciate the post.

Kiwi
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#6]
i'm playing the cadets at West Point in paint-ball tom., i'll bring a copy for them to read.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the idea of boosting the Northern Alliance.  Whatever they need.

Also wonder if we will ever feel resolve from this war.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, a very insightful read. This is going to be a war for Green Beret-type troops. But, I must admit, my first response is to send troops in, take Kandahar & Kabul and set up our own occupational Gov't. like we did in Japan. But I'm willing to defer to his suggestions as long as we get ours![50]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 4:59:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Well if they do that and start cutting off our soldiers heads or torturing them in other ways, then we need to take the gloves off and scrap the rules of war and start torturing to death all of the Afghan terrorists we can find,  and lets use napalm, “the most feared weapon of war” and a lot of it, nothing like a lot of “Yankee Hell Jelly” to teach them the error of their ways. Maybe we should also then decide to use Nukes. If the American people lose their resolve and we have to pull out we should at least give our enemy a parting gift with a nice and very beautiful mushroom cloud. Or how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top