provides that if the government takes your property, it’s
unconstitutional unless the government both (1) gives you "just
compensation”—meaning the market value of your property, and (2) that
property is for a "public use.” Government uses this power of eminent
domain to take land for building things like roads or post offices. "

"But even if Missouri officials gave citizens money for their guns,
they’re still not putting them to a public use, rendering this taking
unconstitutional"
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/02/15/Lars-Larson-Missouri-Gun-Control-Proposal-Raises-Constitutional-Problems

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:49:30 AM EDT
[#1]
This puffing and chest bumping wont mean shit to the lunatics that think banning guns will solve crime.

Nothing will stop them...well something will. I will let you think about what that is.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:50:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Keep pushing.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:51:44 AM EDT
[#3]
MO gun control, MO problems.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:04:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This puffing and chest bumping wont mean shit to the lunatics that think banning guns will solve crime.

Nothing will stop them...well something will. I will let you think about what that is.

What we got here is... failure to communicate.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:34:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Wait, so does the government have to give drug dealers fair market value for the drugs which are confiscated from them?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:34:55 AM EDT
[#6]
The Bill is already deader than Franco.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:39:11 AM EDT
[#7]
The cowards who bring up this argument want nothing but compromise.  They'll keep going along with it as long as they get a little something in return until there's nothing left to take anymore.

There's no point in arguing this, if they take the arms they're infringing and that's when you fight for your rights.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:41:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Wait, so does the government have to give drug dealers fair market value for the drugs which are confiscated from them?

Are hard drugs Constitutionally protected?

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:41:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Good read. Thanks for posting that.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#10]
The .gov and its enforcers don't give even a single fuck about constitutionality.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:44:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Keep pushing.

They will,

And nobody will do anything that will change anything.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Talking confiscation in Missouri? I could understand a commie stronghold like Ca or NY, but Missouri, I truly am starting to believe that the USA is in worse shape than most of us want to admit.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:46:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I will not comply.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:48:56 AM EDT
[#14]
It's pretty much Kansas City & St. Louis.
The FSA is strong there, Rest of our state is pretty much RED.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:49:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Are hard drugs Constitutionally protected?

Does it matter? The question is about the fifth amendment, not the second. The idea that the government would have to pay you for taking something it has made against the law to own is laughable.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:50:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Talking confiscation in Missouri? I could understand a commie stronghold like Ca or NY, but Missouri, I truly am starting to believe that the USA is in worse shape than most of us want to admit.

It doesn't stand a chance.
The pity is that our tax dollars are paying these bozos to dream this stuff up.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:52:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

The bill is being sponsored by two reps out of STL, and co-sponsored by two more reps out of STL. This just more STL bullshit.

Oh and Fuck STL and KC.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:56:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That's a valid question.

The government claims that since the drugs are illegal, citizens have no right to this particular kind of "property".

Naturally, if guns were made illegal, the government would make exactly the same argument to justify confiscating them.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:01:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
MO gun control, MO problems.  

I see what you did there....
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:01:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The bill is being sponsored by two reps out of STL, and co-sponsored by two more reps out of STL. This just more STL bullshit.  

Oh and Fuck STL and KC.

Oh i'm aware, I live in STL county & Margo McNeil is my district rep.
Told that "woman" exactly what we think of her.
Going to do my best to help give her the boot when the time comes.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:13:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

These politicians like to "talk" about' taking' but what's the mechanism they're going to use for all this 'taking' and where are they going to start?

Since these politicians are from the St. Louis area, perhaps they'd like to start their 'taking' in St. Louis! Start in the city proper? What part of the city? I would suggest they start in the part of the city that has the most gun related violence ...that would be North city beyond downtown. I'm sure the law abiding citizens in that geographic area will flock in droves to hand over their weapons and eagerly open their doors for search teams. North county is awash in gun violence, the 'taking' could continue up thatta way. Again, I'm just certain there would be a mad scramble to turn over their prohibited weapons. I'm just absolutely positively certain that every gang banger, low riding, jacked up Monte Carlo drivin', crack sellin' dope smokin', "my baby dint do nuffin" momma would be running over each other to trade in their gats for a nice .gov check.

Lots of lessons learned from L.A., Oakland, Detroit, Philadelphia. Fire works both ways ...and once they light the match, it will have no respect for color, social status or location. It's just gonna burn brighter and brighter and get hotter and hotter. Good luck finding an Engine crew willing to drive into a ghetto street scene and face the wrath. Rest assured, that wrath will easily move across the city and engulf other neighborhoods. It WILL break LE and fire response.

And really, there are barely enough cops on the street now to respond to and take reports for all the minor crime being committed across the metro area. Now the political apparatchiks want to press them into service committing unconstitutional acts? Ain't gonna happen.

It's a ruse by the pols to measure resistance, gain name recognition and secure DNC money & support for their reelection campaigns. Part of a larger game being directed from D.C..

We really need to publish pictures of all these Democrats who are talking gun control and advocating unconstitutional laws and actions against lawful Americans. We really need to publically identify them and make them as recognizable as Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Holder and Feinstein. They need to be associated with and related to as the communist TYRANTS they are. Their names should always have the communist red flag with hammer & sickle next to it and a listing of their tyrannical acts beneath their faces. They should not escape negative publicity and they should be know for their actions and made to take responsibility for their unconstitutional acts and un-American behavior.

EDIT: ...and here's one of them ...Tyrant ...ah yes, a regular tax & spend Democratic feminist out to change society.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:17:05 AM EDT
[#22]
It's a moot question. This bill has ZERO chance of passing the Missouri legislature.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:25:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It's a moot question. This bill has ZERO chance of passing the Missouri legislature.

Then the bill should be recalled and the sponsors should apologize to the citizens for wasting legislative time and energy.

Typical grandstanding politicians out to make names for themselves ...well, they've certainly made their names widely known this time.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:26:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It's less than that.  lol
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a valid question.

The government claims that since the drugs are illegal, citizens have no right to this particular kind of "property".

Naturally, if guns were made illegal, the government would make exactly the same argument to justify confiscating them.

And that's exactly why there is no crime associated with drug use or posession.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then the bill should be recalled and the sponsors should apologize to the citizens for wasting legislative time and energy.

Typical grandstanding politicians out to make names for themselves ...well, they've certainly made their names widely known this time.

In a democratic republic, elected officials are free to introduce any ridiculous piece of crap bill they think represents their constituents' views. And everyone else is free to ignore their bill.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
They need to be associated with and related to as the communist TYRANTS they are. Their names should always have the communist red flag with hammer & sickle next to it and a listing of their tyrannical acts beneath their faces. They should not escape negative publicity and they should be know for their actions and made to take responsibility for their unconstitutional acts and un-American behavior.

EDIT: ...and here's one of them ...Tyrant ...ah yes, a regular tax & spend Democratic feminist out to change society.

Amazing, "graduated from the University of Cincinnati with a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) and a Master’s in Art Education".

Qualified to be nothing more than an art teacher & she wants to order the Police to march in & take every ones guns!
Her Photo should be in the Dictionary as an example of a Chicken Hawk

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top