Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2006 5:48:54 PM EDT
I've been fighting with this thing for about a month now. This is my first large scale backlighted sign that I have done. I did not erect the pole structure. I only installed the panels on this. (4 in all), but it was one heck of a learning experience!!

It's about 15ft in the air. My brother and I installed it using a scissor lift. The panels are 9' x 4' and are made from Lexan. The upper panels are pan faced and the lowers are flat with changable letter tracks. This thing was a PITA, but I learned a lot about cabinets and how much I really don't like heights. (watched my Dad fall off a ladder right in front of me breaking his back. He's OK now, but it made me even more afraid.) I'm just glad to see this done. So, what do you think?

Kris
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:52:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good so far.

Now we'll need pics of it at night.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:55:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Looks good so far.

Now we'll need pics of it at night.

I'll get some next time I'm out that way at night. It should look good. I replaced all the bulbs before putting up the panels.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:58:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Looks good.

What does the little lettering say?  More contrast to small print next time?

Again, looks great!

BUY SELL TRADE

It is very ledgible from the road. You can't read it in the pic too well since I reduced the quality of the image to make it load a bit faster for our "broadband impaired" memebers.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:59:31 PM EDT
[#5]
You know you're going to get at least one prank call out of this, right?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:01:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You know you're going to get at least one prank call out of this, right?

I won't. That poor dealership will. I just make and install the signs.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:44:46 PM EDT
[#7]
where is that ?

i wanna come buy and check oput ur handiwork next time im home,,,,,,yeaaaa thats it,,,,check it out
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:46:37 PM EDT
[#8]
It looks good.  How long do you give it before some 'tard writes Mother Fucker on it with spray paint?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:25:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
where is that ?

i wanna come buy and check oput ur handiwork next time im home,,,,,,yeaaaa thats it,,,,check it out

It's in Lapeer right on M-21 by Ray C's and Lapeer Rent All. It's in the old Lapeer Auto Plaza building. You know where that's at?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:36:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Here it is at night.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top