Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2007 6:20:33 PM EDT
I have a dell 600m with a Sony cdrw/dvd crx380e drive in it and for some reason it won't read any type of disk that I put in it. The computer recognizes the drive but for some reason not the media. I think it is a problem with the registry values, as I was told it was last time is did the same thing. Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this thing?
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I tried this to no avail.

first uninstall the hardware in your device manager.

then make a new notepad txt document and enter this into it.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
"UpperFilters"=-
"LowerFilters"=-

then save the text document as NoFilter.reg

right click NoFilter.reg and click Merge.

then restart your machine.

When u boot back up windows will reinstall the hardware and it should work correctly.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#2]
that fix is ONLY used for if the drive is not displayed in my computer.

IF your drive is displayed in my comptuer that fix will do you nothing.   either the lens needs to be cleaned.   the drive taken out and put back in,  or the drive has gone bad
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 3:29:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Well the laptop is royally screwed now. I did what I posted above and now the keys don't work nor does the mouse, so I really can't do a thing. I'm going to try tear out the harddrive and hook it up to another computer to save all the important stuff then reformat the computer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top