Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/14/2010 6:07:22 PM EDT
Boy when it rains it pours.

My XBox 360 died today too.

Anyway, laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A135, bought it in 2007.

Last week the screen died suddenly while my wife was using it. You can still make out the desktop on the screen very faintly.

The computer itself funcitons fine, I'm typing on it now using my TV as a monitor.

From googling I decided it was the inverter and got a new one. It arrived today and the problem persists. The new inverter does last about 10 minutes then the screen dies again. The old inverter wouldn't power the screen at all.

I've disassembled the whole thing and checked all connetions and blown out the dust.

Is there any reason to believe buying a new LCD panel would fix this issue or should I be saving for a new computer? I found a brand new inverter for $6 so at this point I'm not out much, but I'd hate to drop $100 for a new lcd if that won't fix it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:37:47 PM EDT
Could be the New Invertor is bad or the Backlight is bad.
The Backlight is replacable but not the simplest thing.

Google toshiba satellite a135 backlight
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:40:18 PM EDT
If the backlight is shorting out it would cause the inverter to shut down and eventually die. Sounds like the best bet.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:52:48 PM EDT
Backlight sounds like the culprit. One symptom I missed mentioning was flickering. It happened today after installing the new inverter, I especially noticed it on a white background.

They seem cheap so I guess it's worth a shot.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:43:40 PM EDT
Sounds like you have a couple of new targets
Top Top