Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2005 12:18:21 PM EDT

Need some Help Please, As I said I want to go online with my AT&T cell phone and my Dell Laptop, What is need to Hook them up to go online and where do I buy what I need ???
thanks for the Help
tucker
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:19:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Data line.

Call up you mobile service provider. You can use a dial up isp.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#2]
or get Verizon's EVDO network. Broadband speeds around 2megs a sec.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#3]
You will need an unlimited data subscription for your mobile service, as well as the USB cable to connect the phone to the laptop.

I suggest you take all your stuff to your local mobile carrier office and tell them to make it all work.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:22:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Or since you have ATT get a CArd from Cingular with a sim card in it and you're on.

I was using one everyday till last week.

It sucks compared to cable or DSL........but it is damned sure mobile.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Of course my AT&T / Cingular Store can Not tell Me Jack about how to do this. So I'm asking the Hive that Knows
thanks
tucker

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#6]
On my bill it says

Rate Plan
B2B DATA ACCESS UNL

Ask about Data access UNL GPRS

79.99/ month plus taxes

Total 97.59 for last month

Hope this helps
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top