Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 9:04:04 AM EDT
Dear ARFCOM Community:

I thought I would just make a pitch for a great product I have been enjoying, and quite impressed with. I want to say that I have NO affiliation with this company whatsoever, other than simply being a customer. I like to let others know about good products and experiences, and if it helps out the vendor...then GREAT!  I'm posting this here at ARFCOM, and one other board I'm active with, and that's it.

Anyway, it is a laptop/tactical backpack from a company called Black Bags, LLC (website is www.blackbagsllc.com). The backpack is VERY well constructed, and has a lifetime warranty. In addition to the superior (IMHO) padded laptop area of the pack, what I really like is the three mag pouches and velco-secured holster for a pistol that are all built into the pack. I've been frustrated that most backpacks are essentially "full" once you put your laptop, power supply, and small note pad or files. This bag has PLENTY of room after that, and is comfortable to wear.

If you want someone else's opinion, there is a review on the web I found here: www.extremefirepower.com/blkbgs.html.

Best of all, the folks at Black Bags are GREAT to deal with. It's a small company that truly does cater to the law enforcement and military communities. While the bag is not cheap ($110), it has already been worth it's price in the 4 months I've owned it. So give Jennifer a call at Black Bags, and tell her "Tailgate" referred you (again, I don't receive anything for this, but told her I would tell others about how much I've loved the bag).

Thanks ARFCOM for all of the gear recommendations I've gotten from you over the years...it's saved me time, money, and frustration for sure! Hope I can return the favor with this pitch.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:09:16 AM EDT
[#1]
A couple of quick thoughts:

1. I would need to see one in person, since the pictures on the site are really quite terrible.
2. I've never been keen to carrying any of my pistols in my laptop bag, because I can't keep the bag on me at all times. I feel - and justifiably so - that keeping a loaded pistol in a laptop bag that isn't under my direct control is a bad idea. What's more, if I need to use it, I'd rather draw from a holster than unzip my bag.

Food for thought...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
A couple of quick thoughts:

1. I would need to see one in person, since the pictures on the site are really quite terrible.
2. I've never been keen to carrying any of my pistols in my laptop bag, because I can't keep the bag on me at all times. I feel - and justifiably so - that keeping a loaded pistol in a laptop bag that isn't under my direct control is a bad idea. What's more, if I need to use it, I'd rather draw from a holster than unzip my bag.

Food for thought...

I agree on both points.  Not much I can do about #1, since it's their site.

As for #2, I've used it when I am travelling in my vehicle and want to have a back-up with me, it is conviently stored and secured in the backpack.  Certainly, I would never leave a handgun unattended. with the bag, but it keeps me from having the gun shift around in the bag...it stays where I positioned it.  As for the extra mags, though, it's come in very useful.

My biggest problem with laptop backpacks I've tried in the past is that the bag is full once you put in the laptop.  Also, if the laptop padding IS removeable (most aren't), it is not secured to the bag.  With their design, the laptop padding zips into the backpack so that it does not slide around.  I love it, because I can use the bag when I take a laptop with me, or zip it out and have a really large backpack that holds all of my junk.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:31:00 AM EDT
[#3]
bump
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:37:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow!  Made in the USA too.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:12:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Has no one else used these?  I'm a bit surprised that I'm the first to recommend them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top