Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 3:46:03 AM EDT
I go in at 9:00.
I hate the idea of being knocked out at someone elses mercy.

The hernia is left side at the point where the ball drops. I go to rehab for a back problem and while I was there it felt like someone finger flicked my left nut. Sharp pain that went away in a few minutes so I didnt think any thing of it.
Few weeks latter sitting on the couch I could see a bulge right above my sack. Doc office turn cough YUP its a hernia.

Its not too bad right now the doc said it could wait but I need it repaired so when I go for Back surgery (disc/nerve) I wont have any problems with the rehab.
Never had my nuts shaved so it might not be all bad.

I hope everyone working on me had plenty of sleep and is feeling the love Im sending out.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:01:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure you'll do ok.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:01:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I had one done in 97'.
Hurt like hell for 2 weeks post op.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:20:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I had one done in 97'.

Was your laparoscopic ?

This is out patient and the doc said I could be at work early next week.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:31:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Never had my nuts shaved so it might not be all bad.

Good luck with the surgery.
When the hair starts growing back you won't be too happy
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:32:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:36:06 AM EDT
[#6]
dibs on your guns
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:41:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Docs round here won't do laproscopic anymore, too many returns, supposedly.

the knife method is nasty for a week, but once you get over your nads swelling to the size of grapefruit, it ain't so bad. Gotta love Tylox....

Hopefully with the lap you won't have as much swelling.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:03:18 AM EDT
[#8]
You're gone by now, but it won't be nothing.
You'll be able to tell when the long acting "local" wears off tonight, though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:15:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I had one done in 97'.

Was your laparoscopic ?

This is out patient and the doc said I could be at work early next week.

Sorry I was knife with plastic meshscreen to hold me together.
HUGE swelling and pain. Tear was as far south as you can go without scrodal contact.
Did I spell that right? After 6 months I was bench pressing more weight than I was pre-surgery.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:47:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Smooth is all I can say , I checked in at 915 and was out by 3:00. . I checked into pre op then 2 hours later woke up in post op. Nurse took really good care of me afterwards. Oh THE PIE ! The Doc said he was suprised how large a tear it was, I told em but I guess he didnt listen. 3 two inch cuts that were closed with glue  is all I can see from the outside
The screws they use to hold the mesh looks like heli-coils.
Since I work with camera systems too I knew they could get prints from inside,so I asked for some screem shots and they complied. I will try to post them later.

The wife is dolting over me so much its startig to get on my nerves, She is the best woman I guy could ask for.
Your right the local took care off most of the pain the first day. Vicodin takes the edge off enough to get to the pisser and couch.

Thanks for the kind words and the guns were called and SPLIT UP as soon as my work mates found out I was going under. Its nice most of them wanted the ARs first. The smartest one called the P220 I have to watch him.

Im cutting this short and getting back to the couch for a beer and a pill.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Heres wishing you a quick recovery...
Thats long enough, now get out there and kick some ass.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:08:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Take it easy, it'll take up to a year to heal on the inside. I had the knife type mid August and since it was feeling pretty good a few months later, I decided I could lift ANYTHING and NO I don't need a hand! AAIIEEE!!! I had to go look to make sure the mesh was still on the inside. 2 months later its finally starting to feel OK again.
ETA BTW what were you doing sitting on the couch looking at your sack anyway? Weekly inspection?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:23:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I just had the knife version done two weeks ago, for an umbilical hernia. I too wasn't very thrilled about being put to sleep, never had it done before. Actually it was kind of cool. A shot of Versed . . . wooo! Then they wheeled me into the OR. I made them crack up when I told them the room looked like the garage at Jiffy Lube. I was flying high at this point.

Then another syringe of Versed, and something else. I started to get really cool triple vision, and then the anesthesiologist put the mask on. I thought "I'm just going to close my eyes because of the messed up vision." Next thing I know I woke up an hour and a half later.

There is still a little bit of a twinge of pain now and then, just an ache. And I can feel the mesh they put in -- 6 cm. double layer --- dacron on top, and teflon on the intestine side. I'm glad I had it done. I didn't want to have some kind of alien burst out of my stomach down the road.

Oh, yeah. Best thread title update
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:07:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Laparoscpic Hernia surgery in a couple of hours. UPDATE not dead  

How can we be sure....I thought Zombies can still type?

AFARR
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:15:35 PM EDT
[#16]
glad you lived.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:31:57 PM EDT
[#17]
I have had two hernia surgeries,one was a hietal(sp?) below the belly button,huge knot.Last one was double inguenal(sp?) surgery to have mesh put in to keep intestines from dropping down into ye old nut sack.Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#18]
T_B_S said:
best thread update title..... ever

absolutely agreed.  didn't even need to open the thread to know all I needed to know about it.

came back to say: speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:34:24 AM EDT
[#19]

Click for internal pic of repair.

The link seems to show details better so I removed the pic.

I am surprised that the internal post of the heli-coils are left intact. Seems they would cut somethng or get caught.
Pain is less to day so Im going try for a shower later.

The wifes a tax CPA  they work 12hr/6 day a week till April so I am getting a respit from her dolting as she works from home today.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:38:36 AM EDT
[#20]
looks like a macro picture of beef
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:44:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:44:47 AM EDT
[#22]
I to am comming up for this...glad to hear about the "smooth"...didn't need to see the pics (gack!)  trying to keep my imagination under control..."oops, sorry we nicked your intestines. guess you'll need a colostomy for a few months allong with a PICC line for at least 6weeks of IV antiobotics..."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top