Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 4:26:25 AM EDT
I got a big pack of this:

And I will be cooking it this afternoon for some pre-game munching.

Cooking apliances available to me:
Stove
Oven
Deep fat fryer
Microwave
trucks engine block

I have never cooked lamb before.  I was thinking about just some salt and peper spices and broiling them.  But I figured I would get ARFCOM's expert opinion first.

UPDATE:
Here is what I have done so far.  The chops coated with a mix of EVOO, Kosher salt, Fresh ground pepper, rosemary and garlic.

Also is three big potatoes I am gonna mash most of, and put some in with the meat to raost as well.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:42:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:45:47 AM EDT
[#2]
If you  want more ideas go to the Food network site...enjoy....Pan fry would be nice, just don't overcook
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:48:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I like broiling or grilling.  Get some rosemary (fresh if available) and after chopping it up rub it in with your salt and pepper.  Add a litll olive oil to help transmit the flavor and sear the surface.

Serve with garlic mashed potatoes, fried apples with fresh mint and a bitter greeen veggie.

Enjoy.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:50:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I just did some last week  with some salt  under the broiler
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:56:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Grilled, extra rare.

(What became of your lamb, Clarice?)

But if you can't, then broil it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:59:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:08:50 AM EDT
[#7]
cool!  A lot of good suggestions.
bump for more.  I have to head back to the store, I don't have enough potatoes.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:02:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Dry rub with a little dill, basil, garlic and mint.

Salt, pepper.

Sear both sides in a very hot pan in some EVOO.

Roast in a roasting rack in the oven at about 500° until done to your liking.

Enjoy.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I like to use a balsamic dressing of sorts..  

Mix 1 cup olive oil and one part balsamic with a heaping spoonfull of good mustard.. Add some rosemarry.
Cover chops in this and let sit for a little bit..
Toss them on the grill or pan REALLY hot.. 2-4 min a side for a nice rare...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:19:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Here is what I have done so far.  The chops coated with a mix of EVOO, Kosher salt, Fresh ground pepper, rosemary and garlic.

Also is three big potatoes I am gonna mash most of, and put some in with the meat to raost as well.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:31:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Broil, salt, pepper & rosemary. Cook rare!

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:45:12 AM EDT
[#12]
As Heysoos says cook to rare NO MORE than Mid-rare!  I find that grilling is the best way to do lamb.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top