Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/10/2005 6:38:16 AM EDT
It’s early in the evening about 7:00pm and a buddy and I park my truck in the parking lot of a local mega store.  I park in the back because one I need exorcize and two you don’t get as many scratches.  We are walking up to the front of the door and he sees a basket that someone has left in a parking space and walks to retrieve it.  About three spaces from the cart I notice there is “soccer mom” in a Ford Explorer in the space between the cart and the store.  As he walks closer he a he makes eye contact with her, kind of nods and keeps walking up to the basket.  He walks around a little “Honda” and steps into the parking space with the basket when all hell breaks loose.  She opens the door and points the largest snub-nosed 38 special I have ever seen right at him and she yells, “don’t come any closer!”  His hands go up and he stops dead in his tracks about 3 feet from the basket or 6 foot from her.  I stop at the back edge of the little car and with one step to the side I am behind a little cover and have an angle on her for a shot.  Her attention is completely focused on my friend and she either didn’t see me or didn’t care.  My hand was in my pocket with my pistol and they come out but are still hidden under the fold of my jacket as I try to decide what the hell is going on and if I need to shoot her.  The buddy stammers, “I just wanted the basket” and he kind of points at it but she screams “go away!  Go away”(now her finger is on the trigger).  So the buddy slowly turns his back to her and slowly walks out of the parking space and we walk back to the truck.  

That evening we decide to shop somewhere else.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:40:11 AM EDT
[#1]
That's messed up. Wonder if she had a CCW license. Did you happen to record the license of the truck? Might be worth reporting.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:40:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

It’s early in the evening about 7:00pm and a buddy and I park my truck in the parking lot of a local mega store.  I park in the back because one I need exorcize and two you don’t get as many scratches.  We are walking up to the front of the door and he sees a basket that someone has left in a parking space and walks to retrieve it.  About three spaces from the cart I notice there is “soccer mom” in a Ford Explorer in the space between the cart and the store.  As he walks closer he a he makes eye contact with her, kind of nods and keeps walking up to the basket.  He walks around a little “Honda” and steps into the parking space with the basket when all hell breaks loose.  She opens the door and points the largest snub-nosed 38 special I have ever seen right at him and she yells, “don’t come any closer!”  His hands go up and he stops dead in his tracks about 3 feet from the basket or 6 foot from her.  I stop at the back edge of the little car and with one step to the side I am behind a little cover and have an angle on her for a shot.  Her attention is completely focused on my friend and she either didn’t see me or didn’t care.  My hand was in my pocket with my pistol and they come out but are still hidden under the fold of my jacket as I try to decide what the hell is going on and if I need to shoot her.  The buddy stammers, “I just wanted the basket” and he kind of points at it but she screams “go away!  Go away”(now her finger is on the trigger).  So the buddy slowly turns his back to her and slowly walks out of the parking space and we walk back to the truck.  

That evening we decide to shop somewhere else.

I hope you took down the license plate number and reported her!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:42:18 AM EDT
[#3]
she was probably raped recently and is paranoid or something.  

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:42:48 AM EDT
[#4]
You know it’s funny what you think about.  I was only interested in surviving and leaving the scene so she could not get enough info to fill out a police report on us.    

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:44:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:45:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Was her car clean?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:49:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Was her car clean?

Yea.  Also new and she was nicely dressed and well kept.  Middle to upper middle class white (we are both white).  Her .38 was bright silver.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:49:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Six feet from her at night in a parking lot?

I've heard a lot of guys here talk about the 21-foot rule.

Overreacting?  I don't think I'd criticize my wife for being that cautious.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:50:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Im not saying she was right in pulling her gun but From a tactical perspective if he was 6 feet away that's close enough and starting infringe on her space. In other words had your freind been an attacker and had gotten much closer it may have interfeared with her ability to defend herself.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:50:08 AM EDT
[#10]
I would have called the cops and had her busted for brandishing and assault.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:51:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Maybe she was the gal from the "Tactical Timmy" story, and wised up!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:53:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

A big +1. She put your buddies life in danger.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:53:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

being paranoid would not get her off in court when she is charged with murder or manslaughter.

That is piss poor behavior and shows nothing but ignorance of the law pertaining to self defense. I hope you called your local PD/SO  ASAP. If she took a class for CCW and pulled that shit i hope her license gets revoked. You cannot brandish a firearm on every person who walks in your direction. If she keeps that shit up, she'll end up in a bag.

J
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:54:03 AM EDT
[#14]
She's a dangerous nut… in the circumstances, finger on the trigger,  I would have double tapped her. Seems a clear case of her pulling a gun with intent on an innocent and unarmed passer by without provocation or cause.

ANdy
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:55:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Now that is way over the line. If you were sitting in your truck and a random guy makes eye contact with you and still walks within 6 feet of you, you know damn well you're gonna pull your gun. Hell, I would. IMO
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:56:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Six feet from her at night in a parking lot?

I've heard a lot of guys here talk about the 21-foot rule.

Overreacting?  I don't think I'd criticize my wife for being that cautious.

No shit.  I think she did the right thing.  She didn't know who the hell you were or what the hell you wanted.  Good job lady ;-)

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:57:04 AM EDT
[#17]
The whole situation stinks from the word go. She definately overreacted and put her own life in danger, but the flip side is is that it wouldnt have looked too good if you had pulled on her trying to defend your buddy. Thats just an all around shitty situation any way you look at it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:00:56 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Im not saying she was right in pulling her gun but From a tactical perspective if he was 6 feet away that's close enough and starting infringe on her space. In other words had your freind been an attacker and had gotten much closer it may have interfeared with her ability to defend herself.

Thinking back if it would have been me I would have locked the door and kept the gun hidden until I saw a weapon or he had tried to open the door.  Only when he had shown intent could you brandish the weapon.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:01:59 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now that is way over the line. If you were sitting in your truck and a random guy makes eye contact with you and still walks within 6 feet of you, you know damn well you're gonna pull your gun. Hell, I would. IMO

Seriously?!?    I hope like hell I never park next to you.  I don't want to get shot!

Is it common practice for you to draw down on folks walking back to their cars?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:02:00 AM EDT
[#20]
she drew down on your friend?  Did he have his hands in his pockets??
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:02:03 AM EDT
[#21]
she'd do hard time for "opening the door of the truck" and shooting.

The correct response would be to drive away...she's "in " a vehicle.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:03:29 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn right, she reacted appropriately. I would expect the same from my wife.

Two potential attackers, eye contact, close distance, you don't do that kind of shit to a woman who is alone when it is dark out, and damn sure not in TEXAS.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:04:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Normally I'm not much of a hardass, but in this circumstance I'd say TOUGH SHIT.  That crazy bitch deserves some serious interaction with the local law enforcement officers, hopefully including arrest and confiscation of the aforementioned snubby.  Prior trauma is no excuse for threatening an innocent with a gun.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:05:02 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
she drew down on your friend?  Did he have his hands in his pockets??

no he had them down at his sides.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:06:49 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Two potential attackers, eye contact, close distance, you don't do that kind of shit to a woman who is alone when it is dark out, and damn sure not in TEXAS.

So your saying Texan woman are all crazy, paranoid, living in fear women ready to gun down anyone who even passes by?
Shit man, I feel sorry for any man in Texas!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:07:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Maybe she is related to that Dallas carwash guy  from a few days ago...?

Edit: typo.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:08:18 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Was her car clean?

I bet it was fresh from the car wash.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:11:43 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is no reason to pull a gun in that situation, If I pulled a gun everytime somone looked at me in a parking lot and came within 6ft of me, I'd never leave the damn lot. That was bullshit on her part. At no point did his buddy make himself a threat, or act in such a way that a resonable person would have considered them a threat.  If I'm walking in a parking lot I like to make eye contact if possible with persons that are in a car/SUV whatever for safety reasons. Making eye contact with somone means they saw you, it keeps you safe so somone doesn't back out of thier spot or pull out and hit you.

You don't pull a gun out for that shit. the cops should have been called and she should have went to jail or got a ticket, which is the same thing that should happen to you if you pull that shit.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:17:21 AM EDT
[#29]
How would you hypocrites compare this to SaddleUp77's story?
How about a poll?
Maybe Texans are just fucking nuts?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:17:37 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

So eye contact isnt allowed now?
She's a nut, she should have started the vehicle and left the area.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:18:05 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm pretty easy going on bashing people when they feel threatened but I can't see any way to justify that.  If you are truely concerned then close the door to your F'n car.  Then you have a pretty good indication of if someone means you harm.   No way she'd have been even close to justified to use that weapon in that situation, so no way was she justified in pulling it out.

That kinda behaviour does not make it any easier on the rest of us.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:18:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Maybe just leaving wasn't such a bad idea.  This one may really be nuts: "officer, these two threatend to rape me in the back of my van!  They were wild, simply wild...  See, the second one, he had a gun..."

Crazy women are ..well...crazy...
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:18:56 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So your saying Texan woman are all crazy, paranoid, living in fear women ready to gun down anyone who even passes by?

She was not crazy, she was not paranoid. She had two men who parked in the back of the lot, go out of there way to get real close to her, after dark, while she was alone, and who made eye contact.

How many more alarms could you possibly trigger and not expect her reaction? She was aware of her surroundings and did not let her guard down and resolved the situation without anybody being hurt.

You don't do that anywhere because it is not very smart and damn scary for the woman, and you don't do it in Texas because the lady has a good chance of having the "largest snub-nosed 38 special I have ever seen".
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:20:46 AM EDT
[#34]
So you met Saddleup77's wife
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:23:20 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
How would you hipocrates compare this to SaddleUp77's story?
How about a poll?

His story was a little different and I could see some having some fear when a guy turns and starts comming at you after being told to stay away.  I'm not saying his story was an excelent example of when to draw, but at least there was some element of threat there and some tell tales of a potential mugging.  Here there was nothing but standard everyday human interaction.  I'm sorry but a firearm is not a tool to maintain your "personal" space.  You have no right to start waving a gun around to anyone who crosses a 8 foot threshold around you because its night.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:23:36 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
So you met Saddleup77's wife

+1
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:23:40 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
How about a poll?

SaddleUp77 was on the street.
She was in a car.  All she had to do was lock it and she would have been safe until he tried to break in.  Then blow holes in him.  That’s fine.  I would have shot him to.

But pulling a gun on an unarmed man in a parking lot when your “barricaded” inside a car is wrong  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:24:08 AM EDT
[#38]
I would side with the lady on this one if she had not been IN HER SUV. In that case, she is better off locking the door and only drawing when an attempt is made to enter the SUV.

She clearly over reacted no matter what her pervious experiances were, and needs to be reported.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:25:18 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
She was not crazy, she was not paranoid. She had two men who parked in the back of the lot, go out of there way to get real close to her, after dark, while she was alone, and who made eye contact.

How many more alarms could you possibly trigger and not expect her reaction? She was aware of her surroundings and did not let her guard down and resolved the situation without anybody being hurt.

You don't do that anywhere because it is not very smart and damn scary for the woman, and you don't do it in Texas because the lady has a good chance of having the "largest snub-nosed 38 special I have ever seen".

So, rather then close the door on her vehicle (She was already IN the vehicle) lock the door and drive off she should open the door, grab a gun and step out of the vehicle? No, thats not crazy at all..... Thats perfectly sane to actually ESCALATE a situation rather then try to difuse or avoid the situation.
In retrospect to what I just said about escalating, I actually think you could (And just maybe SHOULD) double tap the bitch then spend the next 3 minutes nailing down your story with your friend.
Because that bitch was CRAZY and should NOT have a gun!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:25:43 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You sir need to get out more.  Eye contact and getting within 6 ft do not justify pulling a weapon.

EPOCH
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:26:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Bullshit. The woman was clearly in the wrong. She was in a vehicle. She should have closed the door. Locked them and started the vehicle. If she felt threatened, she could have retrieved her pistol or simply driven away.

However, when she pointed the pistol at the guy, she committed assault. Even in Texas, this is a no no.

He should have gotten her plate number and called the cops as soon has he was out of danger.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:26:45 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The thing is that she had other outs. There were other options than just pulling out a gun. The gun is the LAST resort. You look for every possible way out of the situation and you take one. She was in an SUV, she could have driven away no problems. She chose to pull out a gun, it was the wrong choice to make, had she pulled that trigger, she too could/would have been shot. She did not have a good grasp of the situation as she never even looked at HK940, as he pointed out. She over reacted to something that happens I'm sure millions of times a day in parking lots all accross the country.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:30:05 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

+1 on that
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:30:13 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The thing is that she had other outs. There were other options than just pulling out a gun. The gun is the LAST resort. You look for every possible way out of the situation and you take one. She was in an SUV, she could have driven away no problems. She chose to pull out a gun, it was the wrong choice to make, had she pulled that trigger, she too could/would have been shot. She did not have a good grasp of the situation as she never even looked at HK940, as he pointed out. She over reacted to something that happens I'm sure millions of times a day in parking lots all accross the country.

BINGO!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:30:16 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
How about a poll?

HELL YEAH! I pull my piece on everyone including small children and pets that come with my 45 ft area of safety.  I also "draw down" on people sitting in cars next to me in intersections since they are also within range and are in control of a deadly weapon.  I once pulled on a dark fellow that was following me everywhere.  I tried shaking him but he was crazy, wouldn't listen to verbal commands and not replying at all!!!

But turns out he was my shadow...

EPOCH

tha normal texan...
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:31:45 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

She was in a car.  All she had to do was lock it and she would have been safe until he tried to break in.  Then blow holes in him.  That’s fine.  I would have shot him to.

But pulling a gun on an unarmed man in a parking lot when your “barricaded” inside a car is wrong  

+1

She's in serious need of some training, FAST!!  Right now she is a danger to society. Report the nut before she kills an innocent.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:33:31 AM EDT
[#47]
The fact that she OPENED HER DOOR to point a loaded handgun at your buddy cannot be justified. She is clearly the aggressor. You should have reported it (and her license number) to the store manager and police.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:35:07 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In Texas, making eye contact with someone and nodding is a polite greeting, not a threat. If he had a hat on, he could touch the brim to make it more formal.

The woman is dangerously paranoid. You do NOT pull a gun on someone unless their intent is clear. Perhaps it would have been helped if he had asked if she were using the basket as he approached, or maybe she'd have still flipped out and pulled a gun on somebody who had no clue he was about to be threatened with serious injury or death.

Report it. This woman needs to be taken aside by the authorities and given a slap of common sense before she shoots somebody in an innocent misunderstanding and thinks she's a hero.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:35:38 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How about a poll?

HELL YEAH! I pull my piece on everyone including small children and pets that come with my 45 ft area of safety.  I also "draw down" on people sitting in cars next to me in intersections since they are also within range and are in control of a deadly weapon.  I once pulled on a dark fellow that was following me everywhere.  I tried shaking him but he was crazy, wouldn't listen to verbal commands and not replying at all!!!

But turns out he was my shadow...

EPOCH

tha normal texan...

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:41:16 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
In Texas, making eye contact with someone and nodding is a polite greeting, not a threat. If he had a hat on, he could touch the brim to make it more formal.

The woman is dangerously paranoid. You do NOT pull a gun on someone unless their intent is clear. Perhaps it would have been helped if he had asked if she were using the basket as he approached, or maybe she'd have still flipped out and pulled a gun on somebody who had no clue he was about to be threatened with serious injury or death.

Report it. This woman needs to be taken aside by the authorities and given a slap of common sense before she shoots somebody in an innocent misunderstanding and thinks she's a hero.

Ding ding Ding!  Winner right there.

This crazy fucknut needs to be arrested and charged.  I skimmed the rest, DID you get the license plate?  (Was she an out-of-stater)?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top