Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2007 3:05:24 PM EDT
I have been not feeling well for about a month now.  No I'm not pregnant.  It is that everytime I drink for the last 3.5 weeks I get an upset stomach then vomit.  I was drinking the month prior but everytime that I do lately I get montazooma's revenge.

Any ideas as to what this maybe from???

Has anyone ever had this happen??

This has never happened even when I was pregnant in the past.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 3:12:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't say that I've ever heard of such a thing, so I cant help you at all, but it sounds like it sucks.  I truly hope you can get "fixed" real soon!
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Can't say that I've ever heard of such a thing, so I cant help you at all, but it sounds like it sucks.  I truly hope you can get "fixed" real soon!

True I hate vomiting.  I have only been sick enough to vomit 3 times in my life.  I guess I'll have to go on my medical forum and ask the people their most of them are RN's.  Thanks so much for responding.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 12:18:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have been not feeling well for about a month now.  No I'm not pregnant.  It is that everytime I drink for the last 3.5 weeks I get an upset stomach then vomit.  I was drinking the month prior but everytime that I do lately I get montazooma's revenge.

Gallbladder?  I was vomiting daily when I ate or drank for about 6 months.  Lost a lot of weight.  Was having pains right in my sternal area.  My hair was falling out (probably from malnutrition).  Then one day I got pains that were shooting through to my back and I thought I was having a heart attack.  My pee turned the color of raspberry iced tea.  My liver was barely functioning because the duct was blocked from gallstones.  No fun.  But the first symptoms were vomiting when eating or drinking.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have been not feeling well for about a month now.  No I'm not pregnant.  It is that every time I drink for the last 3.5 weeks I get an upset stomach then vomit.  I was drinking the month prior but everytime that I do lately I get montazooma's revenge.

Gallbladder?  I was vomiting daily when I ate or drank for about 6 months.  Lost a lot of weight.  Was having pains right in my sternal area.  My hair was falling out (probably from malnutrition).  Then one day I got pains that were shooting through to my back and I thought I was having a heart attack.  My pee turned the color of raspberry iced tea.  My liver was barely functioning because the duct was blocked from gallstones.  No fun.  But the first symptoms were vomiting when eating or drinking.  

Wow that sucks I have seen people in that situation before. The weirdest thing is that I only vomit from drinking alcohol nothing else.  That is the part that I do not understand.  This is the most unusual thing about this.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#5]
So it is only ALCOHOL that makes you vomit? I suggest you may have an ulcer.

Alcohol is a powerful irritant to the stomach. Just ask any high-school-aged kid. If you have an ulcer, the lining of the stomach is particularly sensitive, and your body rejects the irritant in the only way it can: by expelling it.

In any case, get thee to a doctor, quickly.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have been not feeling well for about a month now.  No I'm not pregnant.  It is that every time I drink for the last 3.5 weeks I get an upset stomach then vomit.  I was drinking the month prior but everytime that I do lately I get montazooma's revenge.

Wow that sucks I have seen people in that situation before. The weirdest thing is that I only vomit from drinking alcohol nothing else.  That is the part that I do not understand.  This is the most unusual thing about this.

Well goofy, don't drink alcohol.  Maybe you are getting too drunk?  Or maybe it is your combination of drinks.  I am not too schooled in the alcohol subject because I don't drink.  Its like saying it hurts when I do this and then doing it haha.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:33:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So it is only ALCOHOL that makes you vomit? I suggest you may have an ulcer.

Alcohol is a powerful irritant to the stomach. Just ask any high-school-aged kid. If you have an ulcer, the lining of the stomach is particularly sensitive, and your body rejects the irritant in the only way it can: by expelling it.

In any case, get thee to a doctor, quickly.

Good luck.

Nope not an ulcer.  I have had them before and they never made me vomit no matter what I drank.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:35:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well goofy, don't drink alcohol.  Maybe you are getting too drunk?  Or maybe it is your combination of drinks.  I am not too schooled in the alcohol subject because I don't drink.  Its like saying it hurts when I do this and then doing it haha.  

Thats so true but it was only one shot of perperment schnapps.  That stuff usually makes my stomach feel better.  It was very weird.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:12:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Do you mix several types of drinks? Sometimes mixing 3-4 different kinds can tend to
mess with the stomach. Also maybe as you are drinking keep it to a limit of 3 and eat
pretzels,some type of appetizer with it so the mixed drink takes a little more time to
metabolize. Some folks do have allergies to certain types of drinks? Had a friend
anytime drank Crown Royal sick for long time and doctor told him no more of
Crown Royal.

I would see Urgnet Care cheaper than the ER or maybe if you have a primary doctor
leave a message and then they can get back with you. I would have it checked out
just to be on the safe side.

I have to many meds and breathing issues so I don't drink anymore for that reason.
My meds it can cause serious problems and I would end up in the hospital.

Wish you the best and keep us updated on how you are doing. GoGop's (martini-butt)
GoGop give him a shot of Nyquil and he doesn't even know he is in his own living room.
My tolerance is very high when it comes to drinking and one reason I don't. Never
been drunk which I am glad.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top