Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/1/2004 8:02:11 PM EDT
Grrr, He-Man Woman-Hater's Club (HMWHC).  Why do they think they can have dual membership in the HMWHC and the I'm Gonna Get Some Tonight Club (IGGSTC)?  Where do they get off thinking that?  

What behavior (in your oppinion) warrants banishment from the IGGSTC to the HMWHC?  

P.S., Don't mind me, just blowin' some steam from reading threads in the Testosterone tank.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:56:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:04:39 PM EDT
[#2]
So, who did it, in which thread?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:55:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Really which thread? I just keep in mind that most on this BBS are guys and mixed in are the few neaderthals. Just becareful what you defend.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:47:07 AM EDT
[#4]
la, la la edit out for MYOB blah blah blah...
[snip]

And my fault for giving a crap that he said it.  I own the let-down...it's mine, I promise to learn from it.

But the point of this thread wasn't to bring that up.  The point is, what point do YOU draw the line.  Lack of respect is a big one for me.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:56:21 AM EDT
[#5]
takes alot for me to ban from the IGGST C, cause if I ban him, I am banning me!
HMWHC, well if he was part of that, he'd be banned from the other.
Which thread btw?
I take GD like I take Mothering. WIth a grain of salt. One boils my BP, the other makes me laugh and forget the first.

edited, yes that would have made me mad too. I need to read everything before I post huh?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:58:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:14:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Actually women were a driving force behind prohibition.

If you pay attention you will, over time, notice a correlation between people who post "Women should not work/vote/leave the kitchen" and later posts of "Waaaah! My wife left me" or "Waaaah my ex-wife is a bitch!"

Thank you Aimless.  I agree, women WERE a huge driving force behind prohibition.  And I could pick out several ailments that MEN were the driving force behind.  Ignorance is not gender-specific.

And you are absolutely right with your second paragraph and that was my point.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:25:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:34:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:55:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
where do i get an application for this group?

IGGSTC

mike

Can I get one too?

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:07:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
where do i get an application for this group?

IGGSTC

mike

Can I get one too?

LOL, I'm going to guess that the application would be different for each woman issuing it, but I'll venture to say that most will question your level of involvment in the HMWHC.

Hey, if you hate it, why should we give it to ya, right?  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:27:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:54:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you pay attention you will, over time, notice a correlation between people who post "Women should not work/vote/leave the kitchen" and later posts of "Waaaah! My wife left me" or "Waaaah my ex-wife is a bitch!"

Thank you Aimless.  I agree, women WERE a huge driving force behind prohibition.  And I could pick out several ailments that MEN were the driving force behind.  Ignorance is not gender-specific.

Highlight those ailments that you 'could' mention.  Don't beat around the bush.  Give it all the barrels you got.

Ok, just one, but it's a good one..... WELFARE was started by a man.    Actually, most of the great mistakes have been made by men, of course they've been the ones making the majority of the decisions since the beginning of time.  Don't deny us women one little mistake.  At least we took ours back.....

ETA:  WHAT did you do to Willie!?!?!  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:32:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Ok, since this is basically a rant thread, I'll let it out.  The thing that gets me about a lot of the neanderthals around here is their "us vs. them" attitude.  We are members of the same species, you know.  Having been around men my whole life, I have observed that having a penis does not mean that a person is rational or logical at all, and it certainly doesn't mean that that person will vote wisely.  It's amusing to me that all the mistakes that individual women have ever made seem to speak for the entire gender, yet when a man makes a mistake, it doesn't reflect on all men.    Hillary Clinton doesn't speak for me any more than her husband spoke for most of the men on this site.  I don't vote for the handsomest president, just like most of the guys here didn't vote for Clinton's reelection just because he cheated on his wife.  Dividing the genders and pitting them against each other will only weaken the human race as a whole. [/rant off]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:33:07 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Whoops, what am I doing in here, I ain't no lady! [mumbles]wondered why there weren't no urinals, they need to mark these places better [/mumbles]

Go on...edit your post some more chickenshit
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:39:17 AM EDT
[#16]
I think  a partial reason for their ever-so-mature woman-hating is some of them see what a classy, cool bunch of ladies we are and realize that their pathetic personalities will never be able to score with such women.  I'm not trying to say we're the best it's going to get, but this group of women consists of some of the coolest people I've ever come to know.  The guys that aren't women-haters are either our significant others or are taken by similar women.  Those are the guys who seem to be most at ease with women in general.  That's just my guess.

All I do know is that if I get called "Lee's dominatrix" one more time, I'm going to lose it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:42:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I think  a partial reason for their ever-so-mature woman-hating is some of them see what a classy, cool bunch of ladies we are and realize that their pathetic personalities will never be able to score with such women.  I'm not trying to say we're the best it's going to get, but this group of women consists of some of the coolest people I've ever come to know.  The guys that aren't women-haters are either our significant others or are taken by similar women.  Those are the guys who seem to be most at ease with women in general.  That's just my guess.

All I do know is that if I get called "Lee's dominatrix" one more time, I'm going to lose it.

Ah, yes, the bitterness factor.  Men that assume that all women are psycho bitches, then are surprised when their wives/girlfriends turn out to be exactly what they expected...  these are the same men who refuse to believe that any of us are actually women.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:52:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Highlight those ailments that you 'could' mention.  Don't beat around the bush.  Give it all the barrels you got.

Instigator  

Well, seeing that we didn't have the vote before 1920, everything that happend before then is subject to the speculation that a woman may have changed the outcome for better or worse.  As we didn't have a say, no one knows.  

Would there have been a Civil war if women could vote?  Could a woman have won the revolutionary war faster than a man?  I don't know and to argue would be pissing in the wind and border-line blasphemy.  But on the other hand, saying that everything that has ever gone wrong since 1920 is all woman's fault is rather convenient for the men who voted in all those elections isn't it?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:57:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:05:18 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ok, since this is basically a rant thread, I'll let it out.  The thing that gets me about a lot of the neanderthals around here is their "us vs. them" attitude.  We are members of the same species, you know.  Having been around men my whole life, I have observed that having a penis does not mean that a person is rational or logical at all, and it certainly doesn't mean that that person will vote wisely.  It's amusing to me that all the mistakes that individual women have ever made seem to speak for the entire gender, yet when a man makes a mistake, it doesn't reflect on all men.    Hillary Clinton doesn't speak for me any more than her husband spoke for most of the men on this site.  I don't vote for the handsomest president, just like most of the guys here didn't vote for Clinton's reelection just because he cheated on his wife.  Dividing the genders and pitting them against each other will only weaken the human race as a whole. [/rant off]

To answer your above (unquoted) question, Willie is hungry, and he wants a danish, but the danish keeps growling at him.  It is making Willie a little cranky.
I'll just speak for me in this post.
Part of the frustration with women is the approach to logic and emotion.  I've heard for years, almost without variance, that women operate on emotion, and it is the man's job to change and understand her.  Being as emotion is a fickle creature all its own, a man can try to approach emotion and and attempt to understand it, but he STILL stands a high chance of getting it wrong.  Why?  Because she is feeling something else she she also has the expectation that it is easy to understand what she is feeling and she shouldn't have to explain on ANY kind of logical level.Right there is the divide.  Guys don't understand emotion, and women often cannot explain the nuances to a guy in a way that he can understand.  Therefore, guys either just give up and resign themselves to being wrong, or get bitter.

Uh, that's a big Plus-One to both of ya up there....
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:09:27 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To answer your above (unquoted) question, Willie is hungry, and he wants a danish, but the danish keeps growling at him.  It is making Willie a little cranky.
Part of the frustration with women is the approach to logic and emotion.  I've heard for years, almost without variance, that women operate on emotion, and it is the man's job to change and understand her.  Being as emotion is a fickle creature all its own, a man can try to approach emotion and and attempt to understand it, but he STILL stands a high chance of getting it wrong.  Why?  Because she is feeling something else she she also has the expectation that it is easy to understand what she is feeling and she shouldn't have to explain on ANY kind of logical level.
Right there is the divide.  Guys don't understand emotion, and women often cannot explain the nuances to a guy in a way that he can understand.  Therefore, guys either just give up and resign themselves to being wrong, or get bitter.

Not all women operate on emotion anymore than all men simply follow their libidoes (is that the proper pluralization of libido?).  Again, you are looking at it as men vs. women instead of seeing that we are all members of the same species with the same ultimate goals.  

Human beings are all different, and yes, some of the differences are usualy gender specific, but that does not make one gender better than the other.  The strengths and weaknesses of men and women were designed to compliment each other.  Individually, the genders are weak and flawed, but taken together they are unbelieveably strong.  You know that old saying, "behind every great man is a great woman"?  It's true.  The union makes both parties stronger.  According to the Bible: 1 man+ 1 woman= 1 complete human being.  

As far as the assumption that all women expect men to understand their feelings without explanation, it simply isn't true.  I don't expect my husband to understand anything I haven't beaten into him spelled out for him explicitly.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:19:22 AM EDT
[#22]
I agree that women primarily base everything on emotion; it's also not fair that a lot of women expect guys to read their minds when something is bothering them.  But sometimes guys might not have their eyes open enough to see that there may truly be a problem, minor or major, and it does need to be solved.  That doesn't mean it should all amount in a blow-out argument, but sometimes guys are a tad oblivious as to what may truly be going on with their lady.

I do agree with the male portion of the species that complain about women having double standards when it comes to the guy's answer to a question.  Unfortunately, it is true that either answer may get them in trouble.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:21:58 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Part of the frustration with women is the approach to logic and emotion.  I've heard for years, almost without variance, that women operate on emotion, and it is the man's job to change and understand her.  Being as emotion is a fickle creature all its own, a man can try to approach emotion and and attempt to understand it, but he STILL stands a high chance of getting it wrong.  Why?  Because she is feeling something else she she also has the expectation that it is easy to understand what she is feeling and she shouldn't have to explain on ANY kind of logical level.
Right there is the divide.  Guys don't understand emotion, and women often cannot explain the nuances to a guy in a way that he can understand.  Therefore, guys either just give up and resign themselves to being wrong, or get bitter.

Not all women operate on emotion anymore than all men simply follow their libidoes (is that the proper pluralization of libido?).  Again, you are looking at it as men vs. women instead of seeing that we are all members of the same species with the same ultimate goals.  

Human beings are all different, and yes, some of the differences are usualy gender specific, but that does not make one gender better than the other.  The strengths and weaknesses of men and women were designed to compliment each other.  Individually, the genders are weak and flawed, but taken together they are unbelieveably strong.  You know that old saying, "behind every great man is a great woman"?  It's true.  The union makes both parties stronger.  According to the Bible: 1 man+ 1 woman= 1 complete human being.  

As far as the assumption that all women expect men to understand their feelings without explanation, it simply isn't true.  I don't expect my husband to understand anything I haven't beaten into him spelled out for him explicitly.

This is true she now knows to be very specific about what she means and wants and not try to be subtle.  I don't do subtle well.       As far as the topic goes I will give you this generalization fact:

All generalizations are false.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:43:18 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.

Geekdude,
Do you realize how fortunate you are?

Are there more women like this in Georgia? I could relocate, y'know.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:46:00 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Why do they think they can have dual membership in the HMWHC and the I'm Gonna Get Some Tonight Club (IGGSTC)?  

Cuz some woman somewhere let them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DF, you are jumbling all of us together again and in the process you are tossing yourself in a bucket too.  I am an individual.  You are an individual.  I will no more toss you in the bucket of "men who don't understand emotion" anymore than I will tolerate you tossing me in the bucket of "women who are emotional".  Men DO act on emotion...ever heard of rage?  Ever hauled off and punched someone?  Not all men do, and some women do too.  Have you never cried?  Men can be sissies full of emotion and women can be logical cold and calculated.  Trust me... lol

Stop looking at what you expect to find in a person and start looking at who they ARE.  Hold them accountable for their actions, but don't hold one person's flaws over the entire population. To say..."I have seen...I have heard" and base all your conclusions about an entire sex on just the things you have seen and heard, is ignorant.  I have to ask: have you seen everything?

Yes, experience is helpful.  You've met a drama queen...congratulations there's a million of them now you know what they look like and hopefully you'll learn to avoid them and when to move on.  Do not judge the next person by that standard unless they are exhibiting that same behavior.  

These "lump them all in one neat little box" reasons for what ever prejudice you may hold is truly an inferior attitude and I'm confident to say that it is beneith you.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:48:07 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
[

Wow.

Geekdude,
Do you realize how fortunate you are?

Are there more women like this in Georgia? I could relocate, y'know.

Yes I do.  Shhh don't tell would not want her getting a big head.  Then she would be impossible to live with.

I don't know, she is the only one I have found. (that may be a good thing.)  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:57:51 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why do they think they can have dual membership in the HMWHC and the I'm Gonna Get Some Tonight Club (IGGSTC)?  

Cuz some woman somewhere let them.

Exaaaaaaaaaaaactly...dems beeeeotches need some self-respect horsewhipped into them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:21:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:05:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Wonderful picture Mrs G.
Maybe I can post a little enlightenment.
I have  a wonderful, gorgeous sexy....Goes on for about twenty pages..girlfriend. I am constantly amazed by her because my experience tells me that she should not exist. Wimmens ain't like her. Therefore either every other single woman I have ever met is a pale copy or my girlfriend is an alien. I still do not know what the answer is but, but everyday I struggle with the reality that is a woman that is the greatest in the world. I can not begin to describe the absolute dislike and pity I feel for other women I have known that claimed to be bitches or were hard asses or were tough or were mean to men or treated them like wallets or penises with legs, when I know that there is ONE that doesn't. Woman and men are different. Men and women can be hard headed deal with the world types and be totally different by nature. How many people have said she is so sweet but don't make her mad? Would you rather be one of those or the "she's a bitch" crowd?

End of rant and can we agree that "libidi" is the plural?

Once again apologies to the girls club and thanks for allowing me in. It is always a pleasure and I never take this access for granted.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:06:25 AM EDT
[#34]
spending too much time on this site gets me in trouble with my wife
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:11:57 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It was just a comment by brass

As someone who knows Brassie I can say that he doesn't hate women.. he doesn't hate anyone really.  I think he was just summarizing what people had said in the thread.

Gabby, as for the dominatrix thing I think that he's just playing with you.  Every single person who comes on chat gets their own personal ration of poo.  If you fling it back, you get less.

I didn't mean to imply that I believe he hates women.  I don't know him well enough to say either way, and I didn't get that impression from him at first.  This was more of a shock.

And I certainly should not have posted his quote.  While that is one of the things that led me to rant, I have not yet im'ed him to ask for clarification.  That's not cool.  Think I'll go apologize and invite him to the party...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:46:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Persephone, brass is a cool guy and would prbably offer you a beer if you called him shit head to his face.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:52:41 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Persephone, brass is a cool guy and would prbably offer you a beer if you called him shit head to his face.

Thanks hound.  I do appreciate that.

As I said...I apologize for quoting his comment.  I've sent him an apology.  

I had full intentions of asking him to clarify his statement privately, but the path to hell was paved with good intentions and I should have done it first and left his remark completely out of this thread.  I didn't do it, I posted this first and I am very in the wrong for that.  

In fact this is much more drama than I'm used to causing, so I'm not quite sure how to get my self the hell out of it dignity in tact...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:03:46 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
In fact this is much more drama than I'm used to causing, so I'm not quite sure how to get my self the hell out of it dignity in tact...

Blame it on him, and say your raging hormones caused a moment of emotional instability leading to your posting??  

I am so kidding...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:04:43 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks hound.  I do appreciate that.

As I said...I apologize for quoting his comment.  I've sent him an apology.  

I had full intentions of asking him to clarify his statement privately, but the path to hell was paved with good intentions and I should have done it first and left his remark completely out of this thread.  I didn't do it, I posted this first and I am very in the wrong for that.  

Ma'am, for the record, I think you got yourself out just fine.

Every time I come here, I'm awed by our arfcom ladies....(and what ladies they are!)

I'm not completely sure why you're apologizing in the first place......but I think it'll be accepted graciously.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:14:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Persephone, I need to tell you a little secret and since Mrs G. is here to back me up, I think it will go well. Brass is like your goofy older brother, he won't be offended. Now for the secret..most of us here are family, we don't get upset with each other, we just sit down have another beer and talk it out. Brass drove over a thousand miles to hang out with us a couple of months ago, in a  car that I would drive across town in. He's family.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:17:30 PM EDT
[#43]
See I told ya.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:24:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Awwww daaaaaaymn, where's that group hug smilie?  LOL
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:37:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:40:44 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Y'all have to come to Gunstock and see what a cuddlebear Brassie is in person.  And I'm not just saying that because I've slept with him.

At least come to Gunstock to line up to kick PE in the nards.  If he has any.  

I tried to convince hubby to keep the kids while I run off to Gunstock, but he said they are too young this year.  I'll keep working on him....
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:27:25 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Y'all have to come to Gunstock and see what a cuddlebear Brassie is in person.  And I'm not just saying that because I've slept with him.

You slept with him?! Does Mr.Gloftoe know?
How was it?

edited to add:  just kidding....don't answer that....
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I'll let you *TRY* once....but remember I block and riposte with tickles.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:17:48 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I tried to convince hubby to keep the kids while I run off to Gunstock, but he said they are too young this year.  I'll keep working on him....

WHAT????

What kind of woman runs off on vacation with a buncha gun nuts and...

Bring the hubby and kids. Or just the kids. Heck, I'll babysit.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:26:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top