Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2006 5:20:59 AM EDT
Is it somewhat true.. that what a woman says, isn't really what she wants?

I could list off the girls that go down the list of what they find "attractive" in men.. but, will run off with a guy (in dating/relationship/just screwing) with guys who don't even come close to fitting that description.

Example: (I've run into these types a good amount)

Girl says she wants a good guy.. a guy that will treat her with respect that she deserves as a woman, with dignity, make her feel "special" etc.

However, she'll be the first one to run off with the guy that treats her like crap, doesn't call her unless he wants something... insults her, makes her feel insecure/low-self-esteem.

When the guy that comes around that matches the first description.. he is listed as "friends".

Now; this might be just immaturity. (18-24 range). Its very much on the part of their insecurity... wether they just had it, or stemmed from really bad relationships that shot their self-esteem through the floor.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:06:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:24:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Awww, Voodooo, if only I were in my 20's and single....

Seriously...all women are different. What one woman wants, another does not. Sounds to me like you're a tad more mature for you age than most guys are. That said, search out women whose maturity matches your own, and you'll probably find the woman whose values and attitudes match your own.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:07:26 AM EDT
[#3]
There is an element of truth to that assertion. My dating history is a case in point.

I say I want laid-back, non-duh beer guys and I end up dating guys who party like they're still in a fraternity and their best friends are manwhores.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:09:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You can't help who you're attracted to. <shrug>

I'm hugely attracted to the blonde, blue eyed, non-straight laced type.  So why did I marry a guy that has dark hair, hazel eyes, and would die before he ever got a tattoo?

I don't know.  When somebody figures it out, let me know.

Maybe because you knew it would be safer with a straight laced guy, then a tattoo biker boy?

Espically when it comes to kids.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:13:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Awww, Voodooo, if only I were in my 20's and single....

Seriously...all women are different. What one woman wants, another does not. Sounds to me like you're a tad more mature for you age than most guys are. That said, search out women whose maturity matches your own, and you'll probably find the woman whose values and attitudes match your own.

Aye, I know.. its hard though. Being 21, to find someone at my "maturity level", I need to go past 25ish... which is hard to find those type of womenz.

Most people say I need to lighten up... open up etc. Which I think is untrue.. I love to kid around/have fun etc.

The mature thing about me.. is that I deal with things on an adult level, rather than a late teen/college kid level. Instead of bitching about it... I'd do something about it, where as most people my age, would curse some, curse some more... I guess just for attention/drama?

The other downside is, I attend a community college. Very, very, very hard to find straight edged/head on shoulders type of girls there.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:15:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
There is an element of truth to that assertion. My dating history is a case in point.

I say I want laid-back, non-duh beer guys and I end up dating guys who party like they're still in a fraternity and their best friends are manwhores.

Probably because you are using your emotions for judgement, rather than your logical brain?

The infighting between our "nature" brain and our "logical" brain is probably what drives most people insane.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:18:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'm hugely attracted to the blonde, blue eyed, non-straight laced type.  So why did I marry a guy that has dark hair, hazel eyes, and would die before he ever got a tattoo?

Beacuse you're a bad girl and you want to cheat on him with me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:50:38 AM EDT
[#8]
didnt we answer this for you already, dude?

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:59:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I have a short memory span.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:06:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I said it before and I'm saying it again.  First of all, not every woman really wants a bad boy.  But the reason that some of them chose the bad boy to date is that they find him more exciting, probably very like the reasons that a man such as yourself may want these same women.

So the question is why do you want these women who want the bad boy?  What attracts you to them?  It seems that you aren't so different from them, that you too want someone who is not good for you.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:14:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Yes, that stereotype exists for a reason.

Women's attractions are vastly more emotional than ours, which are visceral. When we say we like steak, we generally mean we like steak. Women say they like steak, but their hormones are surging that day, and they've just got done working out, and the kids had steak last night and steak makes them gassy so they have a bowl of cereal.

See where I'm going with this?

(Women are kinda nuts)

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:36:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I said it before and I'm saying it again.  First of all, not every woman really wants a bad boy.  But the reason that some of them chose the bad boy to date is that they find him more exciting, probably very like the reasons that a man such as yourself may want these same women.

So the question is why do you want these women who want the bad boy?  What attracts you to them?  It seems that you aren't so different from them, that you too want someone who is not good for you

I am so tired of hearing about how women want the bad boys.  I have known plenty of men who say they want one thing but end of with someone totally opposite.  The say they want a nice girl but they end up falling for the first slutty bitch that gives them a little attention.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:24:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Come on D-C....when was the last time you had to tell a guy something..........................once!

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Come on D-C....when was the last time you had to tell a guy something..........................once!

Little known man secret: We love to hear you talk. It reminds us you have mouths, and we busy ourselves thinking about the possibilities.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:38:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Little known man secret: We love to hear you talk. It reminds us you have mouths, and we busy ourselves thinking about the possibilities.

Thank you for playing...Vanna will now show you your parting gifts..........
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:06:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:42:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

well

the above posts have covered this topic, so i will just say

+1  

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Little known man secret: We love to hear you talk. It reminds us you have mouths of our mothers, and we busy ourselves thinking about the possibilities shut down completely, voiding all capacity to comprehend any and all words uttered from said mouth, therefore enabling us to use the excuse that 'we didn't hear you' in any case you demand we retrieve any information from above mentioned conversation.

Have a nice day.  

ETA: forgot to highlight corrected areas

Nope, that's not it, we're just foggy minded thinking about oral. Trust me.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:38:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:38:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

So the question is why do you want these women who want the bad boy?  What attracts you to them?  It seems that you aren't so different from them, that you too want someone who is not good for you.

Probably because you want the nice guy but problem is he sits on the couch and gets fat.  So, you try for the more active type, problem is he's active with every body and you too!

You can't win given that both the couch potato and the rodeo rider type are capable of cheating on you.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:37:19 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Don't you mean to say that 99% of the time, you're thinking with the wrong head?

You betcha.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:44:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I could list off the girls that go down the list of what they find "attractive" in men.. but, will run off with a guy (in dating/relationship/just screwing) with guys who don't even come close to fitting that description.

Example: (I've run into these types a good amount)

Girl says she wants a good guy.. a guy that will treat her with respect that she deserves as a woman, with dignity, make her feel "special" etc.

However, she'll be the first one to run off with the guy that treats her like crap, doesn't call her unless he wants something... insults her, makes her feel insecure/low-self-esteem.

When the guy that comes around that matches the first description.. he is listed as "friends".

Now; this might be just immaturity. (18-24 range). Its very much on the part of their insecurity... wether they just had it, or stemmed from really bad relationships that shot their self-esteem through the floor.

I don't know
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:02:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Yeah, I'm done with this subject too..ad nauseum....just go back and read this thread.

linky

Ever think it might be you, Voodoo, that's looking for the wrong type?

just a thought.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:44:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably because you want the nice guy but problem is he sits on the couch and gets fat.  So, you try for the more active type, problem is he's active with every body and you too!

You can't win given that both the couch potato and the rodeo rider type are capable of cheating on you.  

For clarification, I mentioned to the poster when he posted basically the same question a few weeks ago, that the bad boy is a big turn off to me.  He seems to think that all women want "bad boys".  I don't and never have.  I have always been attracted to "nice guys", even in junior high and high school.  My husband is a "nice guy", and he isn't a cheater.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top