Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2014 3:54:58 AM EDT
Skip t0 4:20.  There are shorter versions of this video that show only the shooting, but I think it's important to show the behavior and circumstances leading up to the killing.
LaGRANGE, Mo. (WGEM) -- The LaGrange Police Department is defending
the actions of its officers highly criticized by the community after a
video surfaced on YouTube and Facebook showing its officers shooting an
American Bulldog in the head.

LaGrange Police Chief Dale McNelly told WGEM News the two officers
involved in the shooting of the dog are not currently facing any
citations, but said the St. Louis Humane Society is conducting their own
investigation and the police will be undergoing retraining to learn how
best to handle future situations.

(In fact, the dog's owner settled out of court for $50,000 before a trial could begin.  The officers involved are still on the force.)

ETA - probably an archive dupe.  Don't care.

ETA2 - Timeline:  Incident occurred in 2010.  Out-of-court settlement reached in 2013.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:56:39 AM EDT
[#1]
wow what a couple of fuckheads
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:02:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Some dogs need shooting. That one did not

I wonder how those cops would like it if they were handcuffed then shot.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:08:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Dupe from long ago, but makes my point in the most recent dog shooting thread. Sometimes, poorly trained and/or cowardly cops make bad shoots. Not every dead dog is a justifiable shoot that was an imminent threat to the officers.

Training is needed, and those that have a pattern of poor judgement don't need to be officers.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:21:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Even though it is from 2010 it is still sad. That kind o treatment was not needed. It was already on a leash.

I hope that my dog is it's friend in doggie heaven.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:24:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Its Lagrange.....just north of there the sheriff got caught making straw gun purchases for a friend that could no possess guns due to prior conventions...no jail time and I think he kept his retirement benefits.

Further north, which there ain't much north of there, sheriff caught caught poaching trouphy bucks out of season 2-3 times. State procecusion f'ed up the charges and case every time.  Then he got caught having sex with a prisoner he was transporting to another county.  They, the state, let him plead out with little to no jail time.

They should have burned both of em down to the ground.  Federal crimes done conducted by an officer while in uniform and on duty should have a harsh sentence.  If you want respect, authority, and privileges above a common citizen then the failure to fallow the same laws should be amplified too.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:25:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Why are all the cops who shoot dogs fat? Is it because they have little dicks?
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:31:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:33:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can't find something new?
View Quote

First time I've seen that video, I believe.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:38:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Its Lagrange....
View Quote

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:38:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I would not have settled for $50,000. I would not have been happy until somebody put that noose around his POS neck. The minute he started to act up, beat the shit out of him. .Then if he still would not behave we would have to take it a step further.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:41:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Dupe from long ago, but makes my point in the most recent dog shooting thread. Sometimes, poorly trained and/or cowardly cops make bad shoots. Not every dead dog is a justifiable shoot that was an imminent threat to the officers.

Training is needed, and those that have a pattern of poor judgement don't need to be officers.
View Quote

No training is needed. Punishment is needed. Anyone knows that the animal did not deserved to be killed. The cop is a hateful, violent criminal piece of shit. Training will not take evil of of an asshole. Maybe a good beating or a bullet in him will teach him a lesson.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:43:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here.

Once seen. You cant forget.

They already had the dog confined. Very sad event.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:07:56 AM EDT
[#13]

Those boys are scared little pussies and have no business doing whatever job they are pretending to do.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:08:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Those boys are scared little pussies and have no business doing whatever job they are pretending to do.  
View Quote

But they'll keep their jobs, keep doing what they're doing, and keep getting away with it.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:13:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

I prefer vintage whine.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top