Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2004 6:28:50 AM EDT
CHICAGO, IL - Warning that Congress is almost out of time, U.S. Representative Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) "President Bush and Speaker Hastert have taken dead aim at the Assault weapons ban.  We are only nine legislative days away from allowing deadly, fully automatic weapons back onto our streets...If you are a criminal, you can mark September 13, 2004 on your day planner.   That´s the day that the assault weapons ban expires and, on that day, you can get your hands on an AK-47, legally.  And don´t forget to send a thank you note to Speaker Hastert and President Bush when you go pick up your new, fully-automatic assault weapon...more police officers and innocent families will be in the sights of criminals wielding Uzis and Tec-9s and AK-47s - guns that have no purpose other than to kill people.

Link
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:29:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Asshole
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:30:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Trick ass lying bitch.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:31:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:32:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
CHICAGO, IL - Warning that Congress is almost out of time, U.S. Representative Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) "President Bush and Speaker Hastert have taken dead aim at the Assault weapons ban.  We are only nine legislative days away from allowing deadly, fully automatic weapons back onto our streets...If you are a criminal, you can mark September 13, 2004 on your day planner.   That´s the day that the assault weapons ban expires and, on that day, you can get your hands on an AK-47, legally.  And don´t forget to send a thank you note to Speaker Hastert and President Bush when you go pick up your new, fully-automatic assault weapon...more police officers and innocent families will be in the sights of criminals wielding Uzis and Tec-9s and AK-47s - guns that have no purpose other than to kill people.

Link

because a criminal will wait until its legal to do something.............
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:35:41 AM EDT
[#5]
[Jake Blues] Illinois Nazi's..... I hate Illinois Nazi's [/Jake Blues]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:36:49 AM EDT
[#6]

because a criminal will wait until its legal to do something

Damn straight.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:37:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Too late...
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:38:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Here's one from Colorado and she said the ban kept Street Sweepers off the street...Link
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:50:46 AM EDT
[#10]

If you are a criminal, you can mark September 13, 2004 on your stolenday planner.

Fixed it....you know without that day planner criminals would be out of business.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:55:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I honestly don't understand how elected officals like Kerry and this woman can get away with such lies. Kerry says "ribbons and medals are the same thing" and "now you can buy an AK47 thanks to this administration". How can they get away with this without someone standing up and saying, um, wait a sec...?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:58:28 AM EDT
[#12]
She's so full of shit I'd be willing to bet that her eyes are brown.  Criminals can NEVER legally buy a firearm, that's all part of what the '68 GCA was about and the Brady Bill would stop them from getting a firearm thru legal channels.  She's also very misguided about what a semi-auto is and what a full auto is, they're not the same, not even close.  
 Have you ever noticed that mose people that bitch about guns are the ones that know the least about them.  If she'd get a clue then maybe she'd keep her mouth shut about stuff like this becasue by opening it she just made a very big fool out of herself.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:00:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I honestly don't understand how elected officals like Kerry and this woman can get away with such lies. Kerry says "ribbons and medals are the same thing" and "now you can buy an AK47 thanks to this administration". How can they get away with this without someone standing up and saying, um, wait a sec...?

Simple.  Because people sheeple are incredibly ignorant and as long as they have what I call "The Triad" - car. rent, TV, they're happy and couldn't care less.

The only way to get these sheeples' attention would be to stand in front of their TV and block their view.  Then you'd get your "wait a sec...?".

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:10:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Simple.  Because people sheeple are incredibly ignorant and as long as they have what I call "The Triad" - car. rent, TV, they're happy and couldn't care less.

The only way to get these sheeples' attention would be to stand in front of their TV and block their view.  Then you'd get your "wait a sec...?".

CMOS

You forgot BEER, how in hell could you forget BEER?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:14:36 AM EDT
[#15]
I sent her an e-mail. I gave her the correct information and recommended that she remove the message from her website. Do you think it will work?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:19:20 AM EDT
[#16]

L@@k @ what this Idiot congresswoman wrote!  

Isn't that redundant?

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:23:22 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Isn't that redundant?

Kinda.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:27:48 AM EDT
[#18]
how did such a total idiot get elected to public office?

HEY JAN!!!, know what your are talking about before you start criticizing it, you moron !!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:39:35 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link

because a criminal will wait until its legal to do something.............

Bwahaha!

All the criminals "Obey the Law!" and will be standing in line to buy them Cheap Fully Auotmatic Weapons!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:47:58 AM EDT
[#20]
If you are a criminal, you can mark September 13, 2004 on your day planner. That´s the day that the assault weapons ban expires and, on that day, you can get your hands on an AK-47, legally

So She Just Told the Convicted Felons You Have Your Firearms Privileges Back and By the way we want you to go out and by an AK47. What Don’t People Think Before They Speak.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:51:59 AM EDT
[#21]
This is why we need to repeal the NFA legislation.
And 86 and 89 crap too.

Since everyone believes machine guns are already available, they might as well be.

We got the AWB sunsetted, and it makes "fully automatic assault weapons" legal.*
And no one seemed to mind.

*Apparently; from what I've read.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:52:32 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Isn't that redundant?

Unless you are talking about a woman like Marilyn Musgrave.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:00:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
This is why we need to repeal the NFA legislation.
And 86 and 89 crap too.

Since everyone believes machine guns are already available, they might as well be.

We got the AWB sunsetted, and it makes "fully automatic assault weapons" legal.*
And no one seemed to mind.

*Apparently; from what I've read.  

Yes, this is what I've been saying all along -- since the sheeple believe they're becoming illegal, this is a BETTER TIME TO TRY IT than EVER BEFORE
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:55:55 AM EDT
[#24]
I sent the lieing bitch an email. Bet I'll never hear from that lieing cunt!!! And I let her know that she was "an idiot, misinformes or just plain stupid".
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:06:21 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I sent the lieing bitch an email. Bet I'll never hear from that lieing cunt!!! And I let her know that she was "an idiot, misinformes or just plain stupid".

I hope you told her those things using proper spelling and grammar, lest you just make a hypocrite out of yourself.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:10:19 AM EDT
[#26]
It's because of people like this that I just upgraded my NRA membership from Endowment to Benefactor, sent $25 to the RNC, and sent $25 to the Republican committee on firearms.  I wish I could have done more but that's all I can do right now.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:34:11 AM EDT
[#27]
This is what I sent - I do not expect a response:

I was directed to your web-site press release regarding the expiration of the assault weapons ban. I am curious as to your description of the weapons being "fully-automatic". To me and the general public, that means "machine gun". (i.e. pull the trigger once, hold it down, and the gun fires multiple bullets). As a congress woman, I would expect that you know that fully automatic weapons are restricted by other federal legislation, and have been for many years. The assault weapons ban only deals with semi-automatic weapons that fire one bullet per each pull of the trigger. The above only leads me to two conclusions: One, you are truly ignorant as to the current assault weapons ban, and the proposed extension - if this is the case, you should be embarrassed, and perhaps not comment on the subject. Or two, you are purposefully attempting to deceive the public - if this is the case, you should be ashamed and are not fit for public service. I would truly appreciate a meaningful response to this issue so that I may better understand the situation. The email address I provided is valid. Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:52:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Thank you for contacting me. Due to the large amount of correspondence,
I
can only respond to the constituents of the 9th District of Illinois.
If
you have already included your address, there is no need for you to do
anything more - you should hear from me soon.

If you are a resident of the 9th District and have not included your
address, please do so and I will respond to your concerns.

Sincerely,

Jan Schakowsky

IMAGINE THAT!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#29]
worse that nazi propoganda from WWII

how did people like her get elected in the 1st place??!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top