Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/7/2002 10:15:05 AM EST
A family member is moving to California and I already know they can't take an AR. Are there any additional laws for LA County, specifically Northridge, that I should know about? How about Stun guns? How about kitchen knives? Ball bats? Table legs?
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 10:25:03 AM EST
No mags that hold more than 10 rounds. You got to register your pistols within 30 days with CalDOJ. You can have mini-14s, M1As.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 10:33:14 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/7/2002 10:34:18 AM EST by Graffiti]
[url]http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/ab991.htm[/url] You need to register your handgun. [url]http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/dwcl/index.html[/url] covers stun guns, If I remember correctly nunchaku, throwing stars, butterfly knife (balisong) and switchblades are also illegal or banned in CA.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:18:45 PM EST
Northridge is a part of City of Los Angeles. Keep that in mind for whatever it is worth. M1A's are ok if they do not have flash suppressor. Springfield Armory has a model with muzzle brake that is legal in CA.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:48:50 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 3:47:15 PM EST
They are in Northridge for now. I guess there aren't any local laws that are more restrictive than state law. There will be one more gun owner in California in a few days.
Top Top