Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2001 5:05:51 PM EDT
AWESOME flick. Has the action, a lil bit of suspense and great CGI effects. The plot is a lil far fetched, but thats why we go to the movies right, get away from reality for a bit. Supposedly there will be another movie in the fall called "The Scorpion King". Spin off of this flick starring the Rock himself.

Much of the same characters and players as the last Mummy flick. Theres a scene with the 2 raven haired hotties fight it out in ancient Egypt. Very cool.

No nudity though. That's its only downfall. Definitely a must see on the big screen.

I give it 2 thumbs up.

lordcritic out.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 5:18:14 PM EDT
[#1]
No nudity bummer, Its not like rachel and --- (forgot her name Linda?) have'nt taken it off before.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 5:25:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I liked it for the CGI thrill ride it was, but I thought the villains were poorly realized...hell, The Scorpion King is only in about ten minutes of the movie and most of that is as a special effect.
Still, it is worth seeing.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I think they used the Scorpion King bit as a teaser for the up and coming movie.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 7:57:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I took my girlfriend to see The Mummy Returns today. I loved it. I never thought about Brenden Faiser as an action hero but I thought he did a great job in both movies. Oh yeah, and the cat fight was excellent too...lol I did think that they stole a few parts from other movies though. The lever action 12 gauge shooting through the roof of the bus was from Terminator 2 in the elevator. Them running from the water in the temple was from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. The blimp passing infront of the moon was from E.T. passing the moon on the bike. But I still thought it was an exellent movie and I'd give it two thumbs up. Also it was action packed from the beggining to end. If you get a chance, I recomend seeing it at the theater so you can get the full effects of all the great special effects.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah they used a lot of vintage firearms. I could not ID the handguns, but they used a lot of Enfields and Mausers. That lil shotgun he had was pretty cool.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah they used a lot of vintage firearms. I could not ID the handguns, but they used a lot of Enfields and Mausers. That lil shotgun he had was pretty cool.
View Quote

Hey lordtrader, do you have any idea what type of shotgun that was? I've wanted one ever since Terminator 2 but I haven't been able to find one on the internet to give me any idea who made them.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:28:26 PM EDT
[#7]
oooooohhhhhhhh......That princess i s soooo HOT!!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:28:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I have no clue what shotgun that was. It had a bulbous pistol grip and no stock. It was lever action and I think it loaded from the side. Maybe someone can ID it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:43:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I have not seen The Mummy Returns but the shotgun in Terminator II was a model 1887 or 1901 Winchester lever-action. The gun was  modified with a big loop for Arnold's one-handed cocking and of course, the barrel and stock were lopped off.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 9:04:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:oooooohhhhhhhh......That princess i s soooo HOT!!!
View Quote

I'll Second that!!!

the Mummy returns was a great movie. I definitely recommend it.

I hadn't heard about the Scorpion King move though, that sounds cool!
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 2:03:41 AM EDT
[#11]
The cat fight in ancient Egypt was way cool. The babe that plays Imhoteps woman is way up there on the Babe factor!

The shotgun is the Win 1887.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 2:57:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the info about the shotgun, I wonder if some company will do a replica for cowboy shooting. I think it would do great.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 3:53:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Yes. Norinco or somebody came out with a replica a few years ago. Don't think  it was a big seller because it didn't look quite right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top