Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2005 8:38:47 PM EDT
I can't believe how complicated people make this out to be.

1. Build a barrier.  Maybe hire some Israeli contactors for design, or copy the DMZ model.  Layered and effective.  Minimal manning.  Response units.

2.  Simple to apply/get guest worker program.  If their not a criminal and have had all their shots (a real concern) then let them come work.  I don't care.

3.  Anyone caught illegally has two options.  They are deported to Mexico and cannot apply for the guest worker program ever.  Or they can work on building the barrier for a fair wage; this of course if they meet the no criminal and have had their shots.  If they complete their term working on the barrier then they can apply for guest worker program.

4.  All illegals currently in the country have X amount of time to get legal via guest worker.  Anyone beyond the deadline gets the #3 treatment.

5.  Guest workers do not get public services for free.  If they want services they will have the option of being taxed like the rest of us.  Otherwise cash please or make a hop back to Meheco.  Their civil rights will not be the same as the rights of American CITIZENS.  This warrants further thoughts, but pretty much major law violations that don't involve extended long term prison gets you kicked out for good.

Not that I'm racist but I'd rather have a 100 Mexicans working in our country than 1 Muslim or 1 Hindu.  They are our neighbors and share more a less the same values, religion and history as the US.  I don't have a problem with Mexicans working in the country but I just want a filter to keep out the riff raff.  I don't even care if there is no limit on the guest worker program numbers.  Their hard workers and they are loyal if you’re a good employer in my experience.  Can't say that for most Americans.

This solves the problems of allowing Mexicans to work in the US at the crap jobs, plus solves smuggling drugs and national security/terrorist concerns by sealing the boarder.  If you want to work here you can do it legally.  Make it so it’s a straight forward cheap process so long as you’re not a serial killer or carrying the Ebola virus.

Thoughts.

FYI 1/8 of the Mexican population lives in the US.  That’s like 12.5%....SOMETHING needs to be done.

Edited for spelling.  (Happy grammar Nazi's?)
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:47:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

1. Build a barrier.  Maybe hire some Israeli contactors for design, or copy the DMZ model.  Layered and effective.  Minimal manning.  Response units.

2.  Simple to apply/get guest worker program.  If their not a criminal and have had all their shots (a real concern) then let them come work.  I don't care.

3.  Anyone caught illegally has two options.  They are deported to Mexico Sub-Saharan Africa and cannot apply for the guest worker program ever.  Or they can work on building the barrier for a fair wage; this of course if they meet the no criminal and have had their shots.  If they complete their term working on the barrier then they can apply for guest worker program.

Fixed it for you.
If you bus them back to Mexico, they're back in a week...
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:50:51 PM EDT
[#2]
What the hell is wrong with somone of the Hindu religion?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:54:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:01:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't have a problem with anybody...as long as they are in MY country legally!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:10:55 PM EDT
[#5]
6. Learn to spell b-o-r-d-e-r properly...
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:23:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
6. Learn to spell b-o-r-d-e-r properly...

No, he's right..........
we pay for their food, rent, clothes, babysitters, medical care and ignore when they screw up
they are like a worthless brother in law that has come to stay in our house because he can't get his own house\life\act together
they ARE freeloading boarders, heh
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:19:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing really, I just feel more in common with a Mexican than someone from India.  Like values, religion etc.  Hindus can immigrate if they want, but they will not be getting special treatment like our southern neighbors and a guest worker program.  Plus their call centers annoy the hell out of me.

Re: Spelling, sorry I was posting while enjoying a beverage last night
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:24:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing really, I just feel more in common with a Mexican than someone from India.  Like values religion etc.  Hindus can immigrate if they want, but they will not be getting special treatment like our southern neighbors and a guest worker program.  Plus their call centers any the hell out of me.

Re: Spelling, sorry I was posting while enjoying a beverage last night

the Hindu from India is more likely to speak English than someone from Mexico. that's why all the call centers went to India, not Mexico.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:39:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:43:27 AM EDT
[#10]
The only point of interest in your post is the idea of paying the Mexicans to build the wall.

That project could probably occupy every illegal for 10 years....
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:45:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

3.  Anyone caught illegally has two options.  They are deported to Mexico and cannot apply for the guest worker program everexecuted on the spot.  Or they can work on building the barrier for a fair wage; this of course if they meet the no criminal and have had their shots.  If they complete their term working on the barrier then they can apply for guest worker program.

4.  All illegals currently in the country have X amount of time to get legal via guest worker.  Anyone beyond the deadline gets the #3 treatment.  X = 0.

5.  Guest workers do not get public services for free.  If they want services they will have the option of being taxed like the rest of us.  Otherwise cash please or make a hop back to Meheco.  Their civil rights will not be the same as the rights of American CITIZENS.  This warrants further thoughts, but pretty much major law violations that don't involve extended long term prison gets you kicked out for good.

Not that I'm racist but I'd rather have a 100 Mexicans working in our country than 1 Muslim or 1 Hindu.  They are our neighbors and share more a less the same values, religion and history as the US.  I don't have a problem with Mexicans working in the country but I just want a filter to keep out the riff raff.  I don't even care if there is no limit on the guest worker program numbers.  Their hard workers and they are loyal if you’re a good employer in my experience.  Can't say that for most Americans.

This solves the problems of allowing Mexicans to work in the US at the crap jobs, plus solves smuggling drugs and national security/terrorist concerns by sealing the boarder.  If you want to work here you can do it legally.  Make it so it’s a straight forward cheap process so long as you’re not a serial killer or carrying the Ebola virus.

Thoughts.

FYI 1/8 of the Mexican population lives in the US.  That’s like 12.5%....SOMETHING needs to be done.

A few modifications.

Edited for spelling.  (Happy grammar Nazi's?)

Actually, that would be spelling Nazis.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:58:18 AM EDT
[#12]
I have never understood what the big deal was with the border....doesnt seem too difficult for me...

Step 1.  Build a barrier
Step 2.  Shoot anyone that attempts to circumvent it.
Step 3.  Repeat Step 2 as required

Trying to develop complicated political relationships so that America can facilitate migrant workers is step in the wrong direction towards globalism. If people can't find work in their country of origin, it isnt Americas problem to solve. Frankly, it seems like nation building in a remote way...and nation building is wrong, period.

Legal immigration is fine, anything less is a criminal act.
If that crime were punishable by death, people will start to respect the barrier a little bit more.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:05:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:11:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Maybe the government should hire a bunch of ex-Koevoet members to patrol the border....... that would stop the tide..........
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:14:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
At least folks from India share some of our values and language.

Watch their children get the attention that they need to excel in school.

Dad works one or two jobs to pay for what is needed.

They are devote in their religious practices.

They speak english with an accent and have studied since they were 12.

Mom stays hom and nurtures her kids and teaches them right from wrong.

Wait a minute .... those aren't today's American values.

Agreed on every point.
I grew up in an area that was basically overtaken by Indian people.
An entire community...went from being a plain old white Christian town to a complete Hindu community. How??? From what I can tell, these people work their assess off, save every penny, dont buy trendy crap at the shopping malls, and then take their hard earned savings and invest in property. I had a conversation with a guy that was pumping gas at the station down the street in my old neighborhood....guy spent the summer working two full time jobs so that his wife could watch the kids at home....if more people had that dedication to family and learned how to get by on an honest living, maybe society wouldnt be so fucked up in the first place.

I ask very little of immigrants....learn English and use it, earn your own money and dont take handouts from the government, pray to whatever god you wish so long as it doesnt preach hatred for mine (I think we can all name at least one religion that violates this rule)....fair enough? I think so.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:27:38 AM EDT
[#16]
SteyrAUG had the best plan I've ever heard - buy up all our border land and use it as a big long military training ground for desert warfare training.

2 birds, 1 stone.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:40:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
At least folks from India share some of our values and language.

Watch their children get the attention that they need to excel in school.

Dad works one or two jobs to pay for what is needed.

They are devote in their religious practices.

They speak english with an accent and have studied since they were 12.

Mom stays hom and nurtures her kids and teaches them right from wrong.

Talk about over-generalizations...  Much fewer than 50% of the Indians I know fit that mold, and I know a lot of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top