Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2005 2:24:21 PM EDT
HIT IT!

"Do you think the U.S. Border Patrol's decision to launch TV ads is an effective way to counter illegal immigration and secure U.S. borders?"

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/lou.dobbs.tonight/

Left cold, please keep it that way.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:27:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure which way I'm suppose to answer.

Personally, I'd vote for a wall and guard towers every 500 yds staffed with M240 machine gun crews.

Making commercials doesn't seem like a very strong deterent.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:29:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Personally, I'd vote for a wall and guard towers every 500 yds staffed with M240 machine gun crews.

ha, i was just thinking this the other day, 500 yards being about optimal dispersion.  i'd only add say a 50-100yd "no fly zone" of sorts clearly posted.  anything that moves in the zone...
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#3]
To clarify, the adds are warnings to illegals about the dangers of sneaking across over the desert and trying to hide in car trunks, engine compartments, gas tanks...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top