Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2001 10:07:49 PM EDT
Old friend of mine walkes up to me at the News Years party tonight and hands me this CD. I look down and see myself holding a disk marked LOTR (DIVX).

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

No. Don't even ask.

Link Posted: 12/31/2001 10:22:12 PM EDT
[#1]
and i bet the picture and sound quality SUCK!!
mhahahaha
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 10:23:07 PM EDT
[#2]
ummm.... no... it is KILLER!! It aint one of the sony cams  ;-)

This thing is totally killer.

Link Posted: 12/31/2001 10:39:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I've got it too.  Had it for a week or so now I guess.  Is your's the version that takes up 3 CDs?  The picture quality and sound are both very good on this one.  Much better than most DIVX/VCD releases (of course they don't take up anywhere near 3 cds normally...

And before anyone says anything, I paid to see the movie in the theater but I wanted to watch it multiple times so I d/led it...

Now I see Blackhawk Down has been released as divx/vcd, I'm off to see if I can snag it...
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 11:36:29 PM EDT
[#4]
well boo yaa for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 12:14:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Hell, I don't care if you do pay to see the movie in the theater.  The entertainment industry (sic) is so narcissitic and self-congradulatory that they make sick.  They all get paid way too much money to do too little for the country anyway.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 1:30:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I had a roommate/hallmate for 2 years in college who was from Taiwan. He had a VCD (video cd, was available in Asia long before DVD here) player and lots of movies.

I came back after winter break one year, and I had just been to the PREMIERE of a 007 movie while at home. I walk in and he's watching the same 007 movie on a (pirated) VCD he got over in Taiwan. I couldn't believe it.

These VCDs went for like 3-5 bucks. Some of them were literally some guy that took a camcorder to the movie theater (you say people get up from their seats), some were very good quality.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 8:47:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top